IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Afghanistan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afghanistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 7:04am

Assalamu alaikum,

Ameen, Sister UmTayyab, Ameen!  Obedience to Allah over ego is a concept non-Muslims have a very hard time with.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
UmTayyab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmTayyab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 7:05am
Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

Originally posted by UmTayyab UmTayyab wrote:

]

I must interject regarding women who flaunt the Shariah, women who work for agencies who claim to help the people, only to work against them as spies and mischief makers, women who take the kufaar as their awliah, women who go on radio and broadcast music, women who appear beautified and uncovered on television beside men and behave like the kufaar in a nation that has attempted to install pure Shariah (even though they haven't had a chance to properly educate the masses and most citizens are still illiterate, not only in reading and writing, but in knowledge of their own Islam)... they made their beds, let them die in them.

I am a woman, and I am a Muslimah.  Any woman who makes war against the Shariah makes war against me. Don't expect me to mourn them or waste my time looking for their killers.

mmmm...Sounds like gossip and slander to me!

Why so harsh? Human nature compels people to rebel against repression. eg: Force women to hide and be plain and be silent and all they will want to do is go out and be beautiful and be heard.

Kim...

Because I know women's nature, as I am a woman.  And I know what a woman is capable of when she has no respect for herself, her society and her Creator, because I was that kind of woman, so I think I have the right to judge that women can be the ugliest fitna on earth.  They spoil the family, spoil the society and when they attain power over their parents and husbands, they are never satisfied to remain patient and balanced, they become oppressive and selfish and corrupt for attention and validation.

They understood their society.  If they choose to make fitna, who am I to feel sorry?

Mujahida View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mujahida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 12:22am

Assalamu Alaikum Umm Tayeb

Jazakallahu khair for your strong and truthful reply.

I am a woman, and I am a Muslimah.  Any woman who makes war against the Shariah makes war against me. Don't expect me to mourn them or waste my time looking for their killers.

I total agree with you for there is no compromise in Islam.

Oh Allah help those who fight for your sake and are trying to make Your Word the highest. Ameen!

Wassalam

Your sister in Islam

Umm Usama

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 12:38am

As-salaamu'alaikum,

Looks like today's battles will be won by women...

MOCKBA
mujaahid View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mujaahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:40am

That is the real jihad

I agree with Mujaahida and UmTayeb

mujaahid View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mujaahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:44am

I and i totally disagree with KIM!

Does anyone have some jihad sites they can share

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 3:54pm

Salam All,

One interesting thing is ignorance of the western population about socio-cultural background of area near and around Afghanistan. Among others, a typical way of living style in that region is totally different than they can even imagine it to be. Whatever they know is through what media tell them. Through this source, they often blame Taliban government of supressing the rights of women, but it would be more interesting to know the state of these rights before (through history) and after Taliban (the Karazi government). Do we find any change? If not, then is it legitimate to blame Taliban (may be for many other things, however) for all those social problems that existed before them and continued in their own tenure and is still prevalent in their society. Another interesting evidence to look upon for the social injustices/practices against women is the attached north western area of Pakistan where Taliban never ruled. The state of women in this part of Pakistan is the same (if not worst) than in the most part of Afghanistan. Though, Taliban might have added fuel to the fire, however, their practices were not very unfamiliar to their subjects.

I hope this would provide some alternate view for understanding the situation of Afghanistan and its neigbouring area. 

Edited by AhmadJoyia
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:18pm

Because I know women's nature, as I am a woman.  And I know what a woman is capable of when she has no respect for herself, her society and her Creator, because I was that kind of woman, so I think I have the right to judge that women can be the ugliest fitna on earth.  They spoil the family, spoil the society and when they attain power over their parents and husbands, they are never satisfied to remain patient and balanced, they become oppressive and selfish and corrupt for attention and validation.

They understood their society.  If they choose to make fitna, who am I to feel sorry?

Why YES! Of course! How silly of me not to have seen it in the first place! WHile these women were trying to bring a touch of beauty and rebellion/strength into their lives - their lives of repression, of beatings, of silence, or starvation, of ugliness, of bombings and hate - they were ACTUALLY being very active Lipstick Terrorists!

Oh! How stupid of me! So _instead_ of helping these Afghan women, by giving them food, by giving them work and education (and, therefore, a means of sustenance) and by giving them safety and maybe even educating them and their societies in the TRUE ways of Islam (including protecting women and not beating them for superficial, trivial reasons), we should have been dropping MORE bombs on them!

I shall go and flog myself immediately.

By the way - do you just simply hate other women, or do you have to been seen to be this militant against them in order to hide doubts and weaknesses of your own?

Kim... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic