IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favourite Sayings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Sayings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 12:41am

As'salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

The below saying is  stolen from Bro . Murabit's posted article - "The wealth of Fuqara". I just wanted to highlight it here. Hope Bro.M urabit doesn't feel offended.

This is the famous saying of Rabi'a al-'Adawiyya, radi Allahu 'anha, "Do not seek the garden, seek the Gardener." He is the One who gives these glorious things.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:23am

It was narrated upon Shaqeeq al-Balkhi (rahimahullaah) that he said to Hatim: "You have accompanied me for a while so what have you learnt
from me?"

He said: "I have learnt from you eight things:

Firstly: I looked at the creation and found that every person has something which is beloved to him and when he reaches his grave this beloved thing is cut off from him. So I have made my beloved, my good deeds so that it will remain with me in the grave.

Secondly: I looked at the saying of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"And as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires and lusts".

So I strove against my soul defending it from desires until it settled upon obedience to Allaah.

Thirdly: I saw that everyone who has something precious safeguards it (with much care), so then I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"And that which you have will perish and that which is with Allaah will remain".

So whenever I came across something which I found to be precious I directed it to Him so that it will remain with Him for me.

Fourthly: I saw that the people were depending upon their wealth, nobility and dignity, which are all nothing (in reality) so I looked at the saying of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"Indeed the most honorable of you in the sight of Allah are those who are most pious amongst you".

So I proceeded upon taqwa in order to gain an honorable standing with Him (subhaanahu wa ta'aala).

Fifthly: I saw the people being jealous of each other so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"We have divided between them their livelihood".

So I abandoned jealousy because it is in opposition to the destiny of Allaah.

Sixthly: I saw them having enmity between themselves so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"Indeed the Satan is an enemy for you so take him as your enemy".

So I abandoned this enmity and took the shaytaan as my sole enemy.

Seventhly: I saw them resorting to shameful measures in search for provision so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"And there is not a creature on the Earth except that Allaah provides for it".

So I engaged myself (in establishing) His rights that He (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) has over me and entrusted what is mine, with Him, in assurance of His promise.

Eighthly: I saw them relying (solely) upon their trade and products and strong healthy bodies but I put my trust in Allaah the lord of the worlds.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:13pm

Fourthly: I saw that the people were depending upon their wealth, nobility and dignity, which are all nothing (in reality) so I looked at the saying of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"Indeed the most honorable of you in the sight of Allah are those who are most pious amongst you".

So I proceeded upon taqwa in order to gain an honorable standing with Him (subhaanahu wa ta'aala).

JazakAllahu Khayr Najamsahar for sharing it with us. All the eight are worth to be highlighted .

Abdullah ibn Mas'ud said : "Indeed i hate to see a man idle, neither working for this world nor for the Hereafter"

Hassan Basri said : " O son of Adam, indeed you are only but a number of days. Whenever a day passes , a part of you leaves with it."

He also said : " I have met {PIOUS} people who are more miserly with their time than they are with their wealth".

Once Hassan also said in a sermon, "Do not let the temporary and little charms of this world distract you and entice you ------and do not say tomorrow and tomorrow, for indeed you do not know when you will be heading to Allah"

Source : Muhahid , Abdul-Malik, Gems and jewwels, Darussalam : Saudi Arabia, p 32}

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 10:57pm
 Whenever you are inclined to undertake some particular work, you recognize your own freedom to do so. But when you are not inclined to undertake some particular work, you are fatalistic, saying : "God requires me to do this." Prophets are fatalists regarding the works of this world; unbelievers are fatalists regarding the works of the next world. The prophets proclaim that we can choose freely what we shall do in the next world; unbelievers choose freely what they will do in this world.
- Rumi : Mathnawi 1.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 6:04am

HASAN BASRI advised some of his students admonishing them about the state of being proud. He said :

1. Do not deceive yourself into becoming too proud because you are in a good or righteous environment , for there is no place that is better than Paradise, and our father, Adam experienced there what is known to all.

2. Do not become proud merely because you worship often, for consider what happened to iblis { satan} after he spent a great deal of time worshipping.

3. Do not think yourself great because you have met with righteous people, for there is no man more righteous than the Prophet, yet the disbelievers and hypocrites did not benefit by simply knowing him.

Source : Gems and Jewels - Darussalam : Saudi Arabia.

Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 7:18am

�Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his neighbour, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his guest.

It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Found in The Forty Hadith

poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:55am

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Sis Fatima why don't we start up new thread as many readers may go thru the sayings.

Say ALLAHUAKBAR
Say i hear i obey and i deliver
Say ALLAHU AL AHAD
Say ALLAH is one and only the eternal AL SAMAD
Say ALLAHUAKBAR
Say i accept ALLAH and i reject KUFFR

from SWEETSWORDS 55 [ One Line All Limit]

poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:00am

Love is peace of ISLAM

Hatred is Qadiani MYHAM

from SWEETSWORDS 55 [ One Line All Limit ]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic