IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favourite Sayings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Sayings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite Sayings
    Posted: 06 July 2008 at 1:14pm
I was about to post a quote from a non-muslim source as well . . . Which I personally find amusing, and interesting . . .and is one of my favourites. But then I read Seeks reprimand, so refrained! LOL Bcz like Poga, it was my understanding that we could post any sayings, as long as they were on an islamically relevant subject and apropriate. . . :D

So, I shall just add a quote by Yusuf Estes, which I like as well:

Success is not getting what you want, it is wanting what you get.

Smile

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 6:22pm
As'Salamu Alaikum

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Whoever competes with you in religious commitment, compete with him, and whoever competes with you in worldly matters, give it up to him.

�Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) said: �You should seek sincere brothers, for they are an adornment at times of ease and a support at times of calamity.�

Edited by seekshidayath - 21 June 2008 at 6:23pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 2:10am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Aray Bhai, kyon sabr ka imtehaa'n le rahe ho. Don't test our patience, brother

Yes, certainly sis Fatima wants us to quote the sayings of sahaba and the other islamic personalities. But these sayings are n't hadith.

Frankly speaking brother, someone around you, be it your  friends or relatives, flattered you about your poetry. You need some time to refine your poetry.  If you wish you can post your poems at Islamic art and literature section. If you want to share us our views, start up a new thread , let all the members who wish to post there sayings paste there.

in this day and age if one needs to know about something he/she does not need to ask Abul Babul or Mokbul he/she only needs to ask GOOGLE

go to search and type SWEETSWORDS and see if i need any family members to promote my SWEETSWORDS

but what happened to you why are posting you BITTER SCISSERS to me and as for your SAVAR read this

Patience might be a virtue
But virtue is not vie
Patience might be a virtue
But to delay is to die
Period of neglect and last ferry
Hurry up story and patent's glory

from SWEETSWORDS 3 [ Desire ]

Edited by poga
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 2:02am

Originally posted by poga poga wrote:

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Mrs Be Aql Khan Usta : Fighting is prescribed for us
Oh peace loving GANDHI
Yet your violent case is not justice
Because murder was your ONUS PROBANDI

from SWEETSWORDS 55 [ One line all limit ]

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 5:52pm

Aray Bhai, kyon sabr ka imtehaa'n le rahe ho. Don't test our patience, brother

Yes, certainly sis Fatima wants us to quote the sayings of sahaba and the other islamic personalities. But these sayings are n't hadith.

Frankly speaking brother, someone around you, be it your  friends or relatives, flattered you about your poetry. You need some time to refine your poetry.  If you wish you can post your poems at Islamic art and literature section. If you want to share us our views, start up a new thread , let all the members who wish to post there sayings paste there.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 8:26am
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."
-Mohandas Gandhi
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 2:59pm

My dear seek sheeda hidyath

my path is Marrifath the Ulta Sheeda path

sister Fatima's said in the thread no HADITH

saying of SHAHABAH is almost all based on the HADITH

now we can look for words of wise from countless nations

i think my SWEETSWORDS is not st**idity

if you too have something of our own some thing that is up to the topic please share with us

or give us what you expertize

as your all posts are from an expert person and i truly believe that

Mrs Be Aql Khan Usta : ISLAM is the biggest news without need of any editor
ISLAM is the only news without need of any presenter
ISLAM is the QURANIC bulletin dispatching AL HADIS
ISLAM is the only DAWAH without need of any DAIS

from SWEETSWORDS 86 [ Comparative religion ]

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:54pm

Umar Ibn Al Khattab (radialllahu anhu) said to Al-Ahnaf bin Qais:

"Oh Ahnaf, the more one laughs, the less dignity will he possess.

Whoever jokes (excessively or indecently) is a person who will be taken lightly.

Whoever does something frequently will be come known by that thing.

Whoever speaks often, errs often;
the more one errs, the less modesty will he possess;

whoever has a low level of modesty will also have a low level of piety;

and when one has a low level of piety then his heart dies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic