IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Salam My name is Adnan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salam My name is Adnan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adnan_usman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salam My name is Adnan
    Posted: 17 May 2005 at 9:00am

Assalam-o-aliqum

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

My name is Adnan Usman, I am a young muslim in the midst of the greatest test in my life, my twenties. As I am sure that I am not the only one who is in this situation. I was brought up in the US since the age of 8. It has been the knowledge that my parents instilled in me that I know that I am a muslim today. For that I am for ever greatful to Allah (SWA) for having me born in a muslim household.

With all that in mind it is time that I start doing my own searching. My own knowledge of what i belive and know. I am not a skeptical in the power of Allah (SWA) and the message of his messenger (PBUH). But rather a travler in hopes and prayers of finding the right path.

I at this point in my life am looking for a place to share my views and gather as much information as i can from those whom may have the time to answer my questions. Unfortunatley it is something that i wish i had done earlier but their is no time like the present as the old cliche goes so here I go. Inshallah this is a community where thoughts are free ranging and discussion is always open.

In hopes of talking to many of you,

Adnan Usman

muslim_gal1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslim_gal1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 6:25pm

salaamz ADNAN USMAN... hopeing that ur liking this site.. itz so kool because i live in the US and i came here when i was also 10...so ya..anywayz just wanted to say salaamz... and have fun

SALAAMZ

Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 5:27am
[moderator edited]

if you say anything bad about our prophet or any prophet of Allah again you will be banned. You will get no more warnings on this matter Jazz.

Edited by rami
Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2005 at 2:26am
Hi Rami,

All I have said is based on what has been said by others, who were by all accounts contemporaries of Mohammed and subsequent followers of his "guidances" and 'revelations from Jibreel.

I did not invent this information.........my opinions are based on this authenticated and approved information.

Would you also ban the ahadith?

Is it not the ahadith that you rely upon for your source of the "good" things about Mohammed?

Are you suggesting that one should only accept the "good" hadith?

It is reported by the contemporaries of Mohammed, that he too "banned" people in his own way from saying anything "bad" about him, for example.......sahih al-Bukari

كتاب الرهن (The Book of Mortgaging)
No. 2349 - Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle said, "Who would kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf as he has harmed Allah and His Apostle ?" Muhammad bin Maslama (got up and) said, "I will kill him." So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to Ka'b and said, "I want a loan of one or two Wasqs of food grains." Ka'b said, "Mortgage your women to me." Muhammad bin Maslama said, "How can we mortgage our women, and you are the most handsome among the Arabs?" He said, "Then mortgage your sons to me." Muhammad said, "How can we mortgage our sons, as the people will abuse them for being mortgaged for one or two Wasqs of food grains? It is shameful for us. But we will mortgage our arms to you." So, Muhammad bin Maslama promised him that he would come to him next time. They (Muhammad bin Maslama and his companions came to him as promised and murdered him. Then they went to the Prophet and told him about it.

كتاب (The Book of Penalty of Hunting While on Pilgrimage)
No. 1734 - Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle entered Mecca in the year of its Conquest wearing an Arabian helmet on his head and when the Prophet took it off, a person came and said, "Ibn Khatal is holding the covering of the Ka'ba (taking refuge in the Ka'ba)." The Prophet said, "kill him."

Rami,
I have no doubt that Mohammed did some good things and good things were said about him, but there is no doubting that the records of his life written by his contemporaries and followers clearly claim that he was a murderer, was complicent or incited murder, he condoned lying, he condoned torture, he condoned adultery, he condoned theft and looting of other's property, he condoned enslavement of fellow man, he condoned and indulged in sex with un-consenting minors and defenceless female captives of war, he condoned and ordered the dis-membering of limbs and stoning to death of fellow humans..............I did not make these "bad" things up Rami..........they may be abhorrant to you, they are to me too, but this is what the records show.

Rami, I urge you to read this (follows this paragraph) and get your head around the illogical aspects of this apologetic stance......as you may well accept the stories of God, you also must accept what comes with the story, that which comes as part of the package.......the "good" and the "bad".........with the stories of God, come also the story of Shayten...........now how come God does not "ban" Shayten and be done with it?

Read and think!.......the key to it all is the "circular reasoning".

http://www.geocities.com/freethoughtmecca/garymiller.html

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:37pm

Hey Jazz!Did u personally meet Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf and Ibn Khatal?They were nice guy, were'nt they?Lovely, innocent and shy?

Say, if  Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf and Ibn Khatal had made u or ur friend lie on burning coal, tortured u and then wanted to kill u, what exactly you would have done?Invited them for tea party?

Happy fasting,

Dayem.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic