IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VA. Terrorist is he  Gunman or Shooter  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VA. Terrorist is he Gunman or Shooter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Mujahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VA. Terrorist is he Gunman or Shooter
    Posted: 17 April 2007 at 8:27am

Just for thought in this difficult time.

He struck yesterday morning at the heart of Virginia Techm, with terror, killing more than thirty students and faculities. How American media characterized this terrorist.......you are judge here. I don't want to loose sight by saying until proven guilty through independent justice due process, every human is assumed innocent. That common sense prevail through  all humanity adages though they differ how they carry on. But what struck me cord was the selective words that media choose to label on this terrorist. Despite 24hr coverage in this carnage, media refused to call him terrorist. If he was muslim and push one person to side these media will cry foul and quickly give him terror title. What a hypocrite media!!!.. It look like the word terrorist is reserved and patented for muslims only.

Here is one sample of their description of the man they said he carry out this terror attack.

"Police identified the shooter as Cho Seung-Hui, 23, a senior from South Korea who was in the English department at Virginia Tech. Cho, a South Korean native, was in the U.S. as a resident alien with a residence established in Centerville, Va. Cho was living on campus in Harper Residence Hall"

Abu Mujahid

Islam need true muslims
C6H12O6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C6H12O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:42am

i think there has been one muslim girl identified so far.

reem

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 11:24am

Here is today's latest information on this unspeakable incident.  What a tragedy for the students and their grieving families, and for this lost and troubled young gunman.  I'm certain his parents loved him dearly too, and are shocked beyond words at his actions, and at their loss of their son.  I am unable to even find words to speak about the horror everyone has gone through, or is going through.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18148802/

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 11:28am

Assalamualikum. I think we need to sympathize with the families of the lost ones and the survivors rather than going into  such discussion right now.

Since you have already brought the topic, I would say that yes, the media were careful because frankly, if they used the word terrorist, the first thing that would have come to the mind of any audience, including muslims, would be al-qaeda or the likes. It's just fact. People have become islamophobic, there's no denying it. So I think the media didn't want to create any confusion, that's why they called the shooter 'a shooter'.

The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 12:36pm
I don't think he was a terrorist at all.  I think he was a very confused, lonely, and lost young man.  I feel badly for his family also.
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 5:18pm
Any difference between this guy and a suicide bomber, I say nada
May be the order they die, the bomber goes first while shooter goes last.
Under one the definition of the word terrorist Cho Seung-Hui was able to frighten and do much bloodletting as he could plan and cause. It was bad enough terror that made students jump out of windows and had the POTUS & the Gov of state make a detour and show up at the VT convocation breaking their normal business schedule as the rest of the world stayed glued to TV screens.

All perpetrators of suicide bombings or mass murdering gunmen have a message for the next of the kins and friends of the victims with a multiplier effect of the their real or perceived sufferings. There is one  difference is that suicide bombers have more to do with a broader political spectrum of an ongoing struggle than the gunman.

He left a note in his dorm in which he railed against "rich kids," "debauchery" and "deceitful charlatans" on campus.

He just took a leaf out of the terrorist's book but then he wasn't from the ME

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

Assalamualikum. I think we need to sympathize with the families of the lost ones and the survivors rather than going into  such discussion right now.

Since you have already brought the topic, I would say that yes, the media were careful because frankly, if they used the word terrorist, the first thing that would have come to the mind of any audience, including muslims, would be al-qaeda or the likes. It's just fact. People have become islamophobic, there's no denying it. So I think the media didn't want to create any confusion, that's why they called the shooter 'a shooter'.

Bismillah and Salaams,

Good point, brother.

Brother Walid died and a Christian Lebanese woman named Reema Samaha.  Allah Yarhamhom.

Update:  They say he had the words "Ismail Ax" on his arm in red.  Some idiots on the web have written up some foolish accusation of a poor guy from Indonesia, who doesn't live in the US and doesn't even look like the murderer Cho. 

Obviously the guy was disturbed and imbalanced as an individual.  He devastated families of all races and religions.  His family was Christian, but he was just lost listening to Shaytan. 

The book "Prairie"  by Cooper has a charachter named Ishmael, who is off balance, and being that Cho, the murderer, was an English major, he may have been referencing him.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 3:06pm

Salaams and Bismillah,

Assalamualaikum:

Brother Waleed was nothing less than an older brother to me. I used to
work with
him in the hydrology lab along with Dr. Loganathan.

One thing I have to say is that, Smile and Waleed was always together.
Even,
when he was having a rough day because of his extremely busy schedule,
he never
forgot to smile. He was always happy and cheered up to the fullest. May
Allah
(Subhanawataala) present him paradise.

Wasalam.

Ridwan

The blue material above is from a friend of Brother Walid.  Ridwan asked that this material be posted on blogs and sent out to the media, so here it is.

Salaams

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic