IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help regarding Salah timez  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help regarding Salah timez

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help regarding Salah timez
    Posted: 04 April 2007 at 3:47pm
Salam guyz,

Do any of u guyz know how much time limit there should be between the adhan time and the jama' time for all prayers .....im living in the " central time zone canada "

Lemme know if u understand the question r is it all just mud and water ?

Edited by .:: SoHaIB ::.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 6:47pm
WAS
The rule of thumb is that what ever the people are engaged in to finish in reasonable time e.g., having meal or bathroom relief & do wudu etc about 15 minutes max.

The exception would be for Maghrib prayer; here call Iqamah after say interval long enough to do wudu or say after adhan supplication. This is Hanafi school, the Shafi schoolers go for 2 rakahs B4 jamah prayer.

Are you at home listening to Adhan coming from Mosque in your neighborhood?

or you are at the mosque; adhan is called and you are waiting for Jamah?
Pl clarify!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
EastAfrican View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastAfrican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 11:53pm

Without having the relevant knowledge on the subject i would say waiting 15/20 mins is usually reserved for those going to the mosque for jamaa'a. When at home you can pray after the adaan no problem.

Wallahu a'alam.

.:: SoHaIB ::. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 8:34am

Salam

thnx for the replies bros and yeah i should have mentioned some more stuff.

Well we are all university students and we have a prayer hall where we pray salah.....Since we have very little tim between classes i want to to set the time so that the max number of ppl can come to join the jama'aa, i wanted to know how far or early for that matter can i go with the time between the adhan and iqamah.

Hope this is more clear

QheQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QheQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 8:36am
Please check my new topic "Challenging Questions about Islam"

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9060&PN= 1

Thanks
Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 7:18am

WAS sohaib,

the best thing to do just for finding prayer times is to get a print out from the mosque closest to your home. i think sign*reader is right but i thought it was to wait at least 10 minutes from the time the prayer is called to the prayer itself.

Aminah

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 12:33am
Originally posted by .:: SoHaIB ::. .:: SoHaIB ::. wrote:

Salam

thnx for the replies bros and yeah i should have mentioned some more stuff.

Well we are all university students and we have a prayer hall where we pray salah.....Since we have very little tim between classes i want to to set the time so that the max number of ppl can come to join the jama'aa, i wanted to know how far or early for that matter can i go with the time between the adhan and iqamah.

Hope this is more clear

Is that hall permanently assigned for all 5 prayers?
If you call the Adhan, is it such a facility that all expected attendees will hear it?

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
.:: SoHaIB ::. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 5:16pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Is that hall permanently assigned for all 5 prayers?
If you call the Adhan, is it such a facility that all expected attendees will hear it?

Salam yeah bro we have the place permenantely....we have all the stuff thats usually in a mosques and we do call Adhan and yes every1 can hear it unless they r deaf r something..........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic