IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wudu (Ablution):  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wudu (Ablution):

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73v3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wudu (Ablution):
    Posted: 03 April 2007 at 5:14am

i`m learning how to perform Wudu (Ablution) properly

i watched 1 dvd and it said to say the shahada through out the wash

i read a book and it said after the intention just say bismillah irah ma naraheem that is sufficent.

so what do i go with? 

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 6:49am

As'salamualaikum,

Lets act according  to the sunnah. As far as ablution is concerned as per Abu Dawauud, Ibn Majaah and Ahmad, - When starting the ablution we are to say "Bismillah" and when completing  say "Ashhadu alla ilaha illal lahu wahdahu lasharika lahu wa'ashhadu an'na muhammadar abduhu warusuluhu" {Sahih Muslim} Please refer an arabic version of it.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
73v3n View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73v3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 6:56am

w/salaam

so both thankyou.

aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 7:00am

Muslims do many things that are recommended but are not mandatory. I do not know if saying Shahada during Wodu is one of them or not. I was not taught to say Shahada during my abolution. I say my intention to perform Wodu for the sake Allah and wash.

In general, I do not think we should practice what makes Islam more difficult than Allah intended it to be.

Respectfully
aka2x2
73v3n View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73v3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 8:35am

i think making things as simple and basic as possible is the way to go then gradually building up.

what i can make of it is to make the intention say bismilla then towards the end possibly washing the feet stage say shada.

also i think saying intention is enough myself, but then it comes down to is that correct  or who says u have to recite shada or does it mean just any dua or kalima during the process please support the answer so there is no doubt.

EastAfrican View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastAfrican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 11:46pm
Just be careful not to say Bismillah aloud as most of the time one makes wudu in toilet areas (don't mention Allah's names in these areas). Just say it to yourself quietly.
abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 12:53am

Intention "niyyah" should be in heart. There is nothing like "saying" intention.

we must say Bismillah before washing our face.

Sister seekshidaya is talking about saying Shahadah after wudu not during wudu.

73v3n View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73v3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 3:34am
Originally posted by abuzaid.
<P>Sister seekshidaya is talking about saying Shahadah after wudu not during wudu.</P>
<P>[/QUOTE abuzaid.

Sister seekshidaya is talking about saying Shahadah after wudu not during wudu.

[/QUOTE wrote:

thank you re read the feed i understand now.

thank you re read the feed i understand now.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic