IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Early Islamic Music  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early Islamic Music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amarillorooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Islamic Music
    Posted: 15 March 2007 at 10:44pm
I am a college student and I have a presentation due on Early Islamic music. I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find music clips and information. I have looked everywhere and have not had any luck.
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 11:03pm

U have the infamous "Talaa il badro alaina". Which was sung for the prophet pbuh when he arrived at Madina. Early Islamic music was only with Dufoof (a type of drum) since thats the only drum ordained. Here you can listen to it by sheikh mishary al efasi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUTSvBYmV6o

if u dont know arabic tell me ill try to find u a translation of the lyrics. Its dedicated towards the prophet pbuh.

amarillorooster View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amarillorooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 6:42pm
Thank you very much! A translation would be very helpful :)
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 7:10pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

You may also like to look in Qasidah Burdah, it is a very famous islamic poem.

Introducing the Burda of Al-Busiri
A special documentary on Imam Al-Busiri's "The Poem of the Cloak." To save QuickTime format, right click mouse and select "save as."
RealPlayer:  Low | High
QuickTime:  Low | High

Burdah Night - An Evening of Recitation and Praise [1 of 3]

Burdah Night - An Evening of Recitation and Praise [2 of 3]

Burdah Night - An Evening of Recitation and Praise [3 of 3]

A modern rendition of the burdah

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 11:35pm

yup ill get u a translation just gimme time to search for it (a good translation).

this is a nice song (they arent called songs in arabic theyre called Nasheed) its in english too

http://208.65.153.251/watch?v=dbIaetu85OM&mode=related&a mp;search=

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 4:56am

here is the translation:

O the White Moon rose over us
From the Valley of Wada'
And we owe it to show gratefulness
Where the call is to Allah (God in Arabic)

O you who were raised amongst us (Mohammed)
coming with a work to be obeyed
You have brought to this city nobleness
Welcome! best call to God's way

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic