IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SHIA SUNNI, MALEKI, SHAFI, HANAFI, WAHABI  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSHIA SUNNI, MALEKI, SHAFI, HANAFI, WAHABI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHIA SUNNI, MALEKI, SHAFI, HANAFI, WAHABI
    Posted: 14 March 2007 at 5:23am

SHOULD SOME MUSLIMS DISCRIMINATE AGAINST OTHER MUSLIMS ?

www.insight-info.com/forum/default
USA-NIQAABI View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 6:08am

Assalamu'Alaikum,

Islam is for everyone not just a select few.

MasSalaama

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 9:18am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

This is a sunni website, the main section of the forums are for topics from a sunni perspective. So as not to confuse people about what sunni Islam teaches non sunni discussions are confined to the Itrafaith section of the forum.

People come here to learn not just discuss, which is why we have the different sections of the forum.

Shafii, hanafi, maliki, Hanbali, sufi, wahhabi all come under Sunni Islam.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 9:50am
Originally posted by sulooni sulooni wrote:

SHOULD SOME MUSLIMS DISCRIMINATE AGAINST OTHER MUSLIMS ?

As Salamu alaikum

We don't discriminate against other Muslims - but we do distinguish between those following the Sunnah and those who do not follow the Sunnah.

Brother Rami pointed out this is a Sunni based Forum meaning - We follow the Islamic Shariah according the Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Sonya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 6:36am

As salaamu'alikum wr wb

Currently, i am having a debate in a forum where i say that wahabbis are sunnis but ppl over there say that they are not sunnis. they are a totally different sect. i dont believe this.. i live in UAE and i have seen wahabbis. they are just like myself. the only difference is they are a bit more ultra strict when it comes to music and thats something good ofcourse. i was told by these ppl on the forum that wahabis are not even strict with their sunnah prayers. please help me because i strongly believe that i am right. i need solid proofs to support my claim. I also know its wrong to use the term 'wahabi' but Allah knows that i did it only for the sake of clarity. my intention was not to discriminate between Muslims. One question that is raised is why did Mohammad ibn Abdul Wahab declare jihad against Muslims of those days? why did he rise against Ottoman Empire which belonged to Muslims? i was told by a frend that back in those days.. ppl had somewhat started grave worshipping and so he had to claim that they are polytheists. he even demolished tomb of a companion (r.a). this makes sense but isnt it that we cant declare war against our fellow muslims? isnt it that we have to make them understand in a more peaceful way?

kindly get back to me as soon as possible..

ma'salaama

Every one who can see has a sight but everyone who has a sight doesnt have an insight.
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Sonya Sonya wrote:

As salaamu'alikum wr wb

Currently, i am having a debate in a forum where i say that wahabbis are sunnis but ppl over there say that they are not sunnis. they are a totally different sect.

Wa alaikum as-sala wr wb,

Sister, you sound sincere in your quest for a better understanding of the different Islamic sects.  Its fine to read up, ask questions and educate yourself.  I think the more you do this the more you'll understand where their differences of opinions (in legal matters) arise from; but, it's really not worth arguing over. 

I think our #1 problem as Muslims is that we bicker among each other way too much over just about anything.  Does it really matter what we call the wahabbis???  They're our brothers/sisters in Islam, why not just call them that? 

Sonya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 8:15am

Originally posted by Abeer23 Abeer23 wrote:

Wa alaikum as-sala wr wb,

Sister, you sound sincere in your quest for a better understanding of the different Islamic sects.  Its fine to read up, ask questions and educate yourself.  I think the more you do this the more you'll understand where their differences of opinions (in legal matters) arise from; but, it's really not worth arguing over. 

I think our #1 problem as Muslims is that we bicker among each other way too much over just about anything.  Does it really matter what we call the wahabbis???  They're our brothers/sisters in Islam, why not just call them that? 

I understand that in our day and age when it is important to stress points of agreement rather than points of disagreement, we keep looking for faults in eachother. this is what i am against! i also understand that what unites Muslims is much greater than what disunites them. This is exactly why i want to prove that Wahabis are no different than sunnis. The minor differences that we have exist even between the four schools of thought so its not a big deal but these ppl wont understand unless i provide them with evidence. i am not against Wahabis at all. as matter of fact, i am grateful to them becoz if we observe today, they are the ones who make sincere efforts in spreading Islam across the globe.

ofcourse they are our brothers and sisters. and thats how i refer to them which is why i had mentioned that the term 'wahabi' was used only for the sake of clarity... [i just wanted u to know what am i talking about..]

Every one who can see has a sight but everyone who has a sight doesnt have an insight.
abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 1:20pm

Sister Sonya,

You have to be very clear about whom you refer to be as Wahabi.. some sects calls anyone against themselves as Wahabis. The wahabi is a term created by British in subcontinent to slander people who call for pure tawheed and elimination of bid'ah.

To be strict in sunnah prayer is not the method of Ahlus Sunnah. Sunnah prayer are those which are not obligatory and to stress on sunnah prayer as though its is obligatory is bidah. Here I never meant to demean Sunnah (naoodu billah) But in sub-continent there are muslims who never bother if his brother does not do fard prayer, but if someone goes out of masjid without sunnah, they just can't digest it. They feel its complusory to perform all sunnah prayer once a person enter into Masjid. If a person never comes to masjid in years, they do not have any issue with them, they consider such person as AHlus Sunnah. This is the mindset, this is clearly making something as fard with is not fard in the Deen of Allah.

As per the proof, why do you think you have to provide the proof? This is they who have to provide proof for someone to be out of Ahlus Sunnah. If they says that they are less strict about sunnah prayer, than again its upon them to prove that being less strict in sunnah prayer throw them out of fold of Ahlus Sunnah.

I am sure that those who claim wahabis are not ahlus Sunnah would consider grave worshippers as Ahlus Sunnah despite their clear shirk in Ibadat.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic