IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who Can Prove, Hadith is Prophet’s?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWho Can Prove, Hadith is Prophet�s?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

I am sorry brother but i dont think i have capacity to debate some1.

Thanks, I would requet you to Read the quran alone and try to understand yourself. Without any tafsir/hadith and ask for the truth from Allah. Please start making your opinions after you read it 1/2 times. See what happens. Allah wil show you truth if He wants. There is nothing to loose if you read quran, isn't it?

For me every thing is 1 + 1 = 2 and i can never thank Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala enough to make things clear in my mind.

All people think the same; with or without truth. Don't you think that even the people who worship Idols, they also have the same feelings that the god has shown & made everything clear to him. I am not meaning you; i would request, even you are right still there is no harm trying to understand quran alone (Only guidance from Allah through our beloved prophet). May Allah bless you with truth & more iman

For me Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala never makes anything without a purpose. Then how can he send 240,000 Prophets alyhimusalaam just like that, He only revealed four major books and hundred and some booklets (sahifa, sorry dont know the real translation of it). So were those Prophets not sent to clarify matters and tell people about the Laws of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

You are absolutely right, He has sent so many prophets and either they were given books, sahifas or told to follow some previous books. They came as an example to people so they can follow the book. They have never told or have written anything themselves. You can see, even a single book is not intact, how can you believe that the prophets sayings are intact? Once you read. Allah promised to keep Quran intact and it is proven to be intact.

I am sure you must have seen me mentioning this so many times, but i can not seem to find anywhere in Holy Quran how to pray. The prayer times are not very clear themselves and many other things. I will mention one thing, if you read Surah Muzammil, it looks like tahajjud is fard on us, Do you think it is? and if not where does it say in Holy Quran it is not.

Wassalam

Quran is clear on salat positions, times and sura Muzzammil does not give me a sense of conpulsory prayer. If you read the verses where timings are clearly given and check this verse where it says salat in different parts of night is optional: 17:79

Finally, it is Allah who decides whom he will bless with the right path, so look for it in the Allahs words, you may not understand in a day, but we have to persevere on that, some day Allah will (Insha Allah).

I am only inviting towards the truth of Allah; accepting or associating is every individuals right & Allahs wish.

Salam

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 12:50am

Quote What we now call Prophet Muhammed's hadiths was collected over two hundred years after his death and then allowed to be written years after all the four guided Khalifas refused to permit such writing.

Does the name AbuHurayrah sound familiar? 

Do you know anything about this sahabi?

When he saw people were dedicated to collect and preserve the Quran, he dedicated himself to collect the sayings of the prophet (saw), which were other than the Quran.

Yes, and he was a sahabi - he did not come into picture some 100s of years after the death of the prophet (saw). So whosoever says that hadith was never payed attention to for 100s of years, has not done his research well.

Another thing, try to learn something about the human brain and its abilty to collect and recall.

There have been people who can memorise entire Quran cover to cover - till today. And there are people who have memorised entire Bukhari and/or entire Muslim cover to cover - with their chain of transmission - meaning that they not only memorise the hadith they also memorise from who it came to be documented in the book of Hadith Muslim or Hadith Bukhari, going back to the Prophet (saw) himself. 

Calling it chinese whisper is an insult to human intellect. When people of today can memorise hadith with its chain of transmission, can the former generations not memorise them as they heard from the prophet(saw) ?

Perhaps it does not cross the minds of some that people have been avid to maintain the authenticity of religion in all times. There have been a band of people and shall remain till the end of times who will adhere to the traditional form of Islam. They have been transmitting it from generation to generation - there have not been any "dark ages" in history where mankind might have seen total wipe out of Islamic documentations as in other religions. This is a big difference between Islam and other monothestic religions.

Even when the great conquests against Islam witnessed the books of knowledge being thrown in Tigris so much so that its water became black with ink, Islam did not die. - That was just an event in history which came to pass and we still have knowledge - abundant knowledge - and all of this comes from Quran AND hadith - plus their careful analysis.

Edited by UmmTaaha
Adab with Allah is the proper fruit of obedience - Habib Ali Jifri
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 7:50pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Have A Glimpse from the History - After 24 years of Prophets Death:

This is only a glimpse, no muslim scholar ever concluded on something as serious as you have from mere glimpses.

After Uthman (Usman) was assassinated (656 AD) Ali was elected as Caliph. This period only lasted for five years. I call this period the period of frustration. Hadrat Ali found the caliphate to be a bed of thorns. During those five years, he fought three battles: (i) the Battle of the Camel, (ii) the Battle of Siffin, and (iii) the Battle of Nahrawan. All three battles were fought against the Muslims and led to considerable bloodshed. It was a matter of the great shock for him, that instead of fighting against non-Muslims, he had to fight against Muslims.

Are you now validating Al Qaeda's interpretation of the Quran, becouse certainly you are using the same methodology as them to interprate it. Should we "kill the Kufar where ever we may find them" because that verse without looking at asbab an nuzul [reason for revelation] clearly states we should do so. YOU are not educated enough to interprate historical events, it espetialy can not be done from English sources. 

Did Imam Ali's great shock lead him to forget any of the Quran or any ahadith for that matter.

At the outset of his caliphate, he was betrayed by Banu Umayya when Muawiyah defied him and accused him of involvement in the murder of Hadrat Othman. He was betrayed by the people of Medina who did not respond to his call to undertake ' <>jihad' against Muawiyah. He was betrayed by Talha and Zubair, who took the oath of allegiance from him and later defected. He was betrayed by Hadrat A'isha his mother-in-law, who took top arms against him. He was betrayed by the people of Basra who had taken the oath of allegiance fro] him but later defected. At Siffin he was betrayed by his own army who would not fight when the victory was in sight. In the matter of arbitration, he was betrayed by his umpire Abu Musa Ashari, who instead of defending his cause, deposed him. He had to face the succession of the Kharijites who had originally fought on his side at the battle of Siffin. He was betrayed by Khurrity b. Raashid who had been his ally, but later revolted against him, and created trouble in Basra. He was betrayed by his own brother Aquil who was not satisfied with the allowance that Hadrat Ali gave him, and joined Muawiyah who rewarded him handsomely. He was betrayed by his cousin Abdullah b. Abbas when he had appointed as the Governor of Basra, and who left his post after misappropriated heavy fines from the Bait-ul-Mal. The final active betrayal came when Hadrat Ali was married, by a fanatic Kharijite.

The manner in which you have quoted the above seems to indicate that it all occurred at the same time and you are using it to state that the muslim ummah was in practical anarchy while this is far from reality.

I strongly advise you to read the following article as it it mostly a historical summation written by a scholar more capable than any source you have Quoted thus far in english.

UNDERSTANDING THE FOUR MADHHABS

By Shaykh Abdal-Hakim Murad

Abdal Hakim Murad graduated from Cambridge University with a double-first in Arabic in 1983. He then lived in Cairo for three years, studying Islam under traditional teachers at Al-Azhar, one of the oldest universities in the world. He went on to reside for three years in Jeddah, where he administered a commercial translation office and maintained close contact with Habib Ahmad Mashhur al-Haddad and other ulama from Hadramaut, Yemen.

In 1989, Shaikh Abdal Hakim returned to England and spent two years at the University of London learning Turkish and Farsi. Since 1992 he has been a doctoral student at Oxford University, specializing in the religious life of the early Ottoman Empire. He is currently Secretary of the Muslim Academic Trust (London) and Director of the Sunna Project at the Centre of Middle Eastern Studies at Cambridge University, which issues the first-ever scholarly Arabic editions of the major Hadith collections. [what does that indicate to you about other modern published editions in arabic let alone english]

Shaikh Abdal Hakim is the translator of a number of works, including two volumes from Imam al-Ghazali's Ihya Ulum al-Din. He gives durus and halaqas from time to time and taught the works of Imam al-Ghazali at the Winter 1995 Deen Intensive Program in New Haven, CT. He appears frequently on BBC Radio and writes occasionally for a number of publications, including The Independent; Q-News International, Britain's premier Muslim Magazine; and Seasons, the semiacademic journal of Zaytuna Institute.

Comments:     Just have a look at the history at the last legs of the Caliphate. You can well imagine what was going on there after. If you are interested you can go through all of it. The anarchy, fighting and betrayals all around are notable. Don't you think/see clearly that all these were because of money/power/benefits etc?? Surely; not for the benefit of Islam. <>

Have you gone through all of it!!??

Clearly you have not separated political rivalries from Scholarly achievements and simply assumed the same people struggling for power are the same people writing the rules. Imam Abu Hanifah was killed by the khalifah of his time for not bowing to his pressure and making halal what allah clearly stated to be haram and Imam Malik was whipped and paraded on a donkey with his head shaved while wearing humiliating dress for not bowing to political pressure, these are just two of the countless numbers of scholars who have gone through similar things.

There are many other examples of scholars who when ever where called by the khalifah of there time to act as supreme judge would make any excuse to get out of such appointments, our scholars shunned political life and courts and considered it to be a source of moral corruption.

"Abu Hanifa was scrupulously pious and refused Ibn Hubayra�s offer of a judgeship even when the latter had him whipped."

Ibn H.abīb narrates in his �Uqalā� al-Majānīn that Sufyān al-Thawrī, Mis�ar [ibn Kidām al-Hilālī al-Kūfī (d. 153)], Abū H. anīfa, and Sharīk ibn �Abd Allāh al-Nakha�ī (d. 177) were arrested and taken to al-Mans.ūr [who wanted to force one of them to be chief judge]. Abū H. anīfa said: �I will use ruse to save myself, Sufyān will escape on the way, Mis�ar will act the madman, and Sharīk will fall.� On the way, Sufyān said to his guard: �I need the privy.� The guard waited behind a certain wall but Sufyān hailed a passing barge, telling them: �The man behind the wall wants to kill me!� They hid him and took him. The guard came back without him and his chief beat him up. The remaining three entered to see al-Mans.ūr. Mis�ar walked up to him, shook his hand, and said: �How are you, Commander of the Believers after me? How are your female slaves? How are your beasts of burden? You will make me chief judge, yes??� A man standing next to the Caliph said: �This is a madman!� Al-Mans.ūr replied: �You are right. Take him out!� They let him go. Abū H. anīfa was summoned next. He came forward and said: Commander of the Believers, I am al-Nu�mān ibn Thābit the son of the slave silkmaker in al-Kūfa. The people of al-Kūfa will never accept that the son of a slave silkmaker be judge over them!� He said: �You spoke truly.� Sharīk began to speak but the Caliph said: �Shut up! No-one but you remains, so give your pledge!� Sharīk said: �Commander of the Believers, I have memory lapses.� He said: �Chew resin gum!� Sharīk said: �I joke too much.� The Caliph said: �We will make honey pastries for you to eat before you sit in your chair to judge!� Sharīk said: �I will judge whoever comes and goes!� The Caliph said: �Judge, be it myself and my own son!� Sharīk said: �Then I will.�

Islams jurisprudence developed separately from the ruling muslims. You want to claim otherwise prove this with clear evidence not blind assumptions and conclusions based on wishfully thinking.

Introduction of the Book 'Sahih Bukhari':

"The explosion of Islam in the 7th and 8th centuries confronted Islamic scholars with a daunting task: to preserve the knowledge of the Sunnah of the Prophet (saas). Hence the science of hadith evaluation was born.

The science of ahadith began with the four imams of fiqh and in particular imam Malik, Imam Bukhari and the other scholars simply developed it more.

Science of Hadith

<>"The more important reason was the deliberate fabrication of hadith by various sects which appeared amongst the Muslims, in order to support their views (see later, under discussion of maudu' ahadith). Ibn Sirin (d. 110), a Successor, said, "They would not ask about the isnad. But when the fitnah (trouble, turmoil, esp. civil war) happened, they said: Name to us your men. So the narrations of the Ahl al-Sunnah (Adherents to the Sunnah) would be accepted, while those of the Ahl al-Bid'ah (Adherents to Innovation) would not be accepted."

Prove any hadith was fabricated what you have said is a conclusion not evidence, there is a clear distinction, you have no case just simple assumptions. Moral uprightnesses is the primary factor in identifying whether or not a hadith narrated by a particular person can be trusted. read Rijal al-Hadith (The Study Of The Reporters Of Hadith).

YOU have to prove that the individuals in each chain of narration was a liar to prove a hadith is fabricated not make a blanket statement.

Just because it makes sense does not make it sense.

What is written above is simply a summation not a real in depth account of what occurred and certainly nothing to rely on in the manner you have. You have also simply assumed the Islamic world was at a loss, the simple fact is the four schools of thought where well developed long before there was a requirement for the science of ahadith and after the sciencse was developed it was found for example that Imam Abu hanifah did not have access to a mere 100 ahadith to use in his rulings, when they compared his ijtihad to these ahadith later scholars found his rulings conformed to what was stated in the ahadith.

I will give you sincere advice, do not rely on any translated Islamic work what we have now is nothing but works done by people who where only translators and not scholars ie they knew nothing of the technical nature of the works they were translating. You can not translate arabic literally to English you can only translate the meaning, so if these people where not scholars but simple translators how can they convey the meaning of a technical work.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/scienc eofhadith/asai.html

Comments:     This is from the justification given in the book of Sahih bukhari. Which he (Bukhari) collected between 826 AD-841 AD and was first compiled as a book in 842 AD.

I suggest you go sit down with a real scholar so he can clarify your  mistakes and mamoth asumptions, what you have quoted above is from the English translation of imam Bukhari complete with the English translators introduction. No scholar on earth would even dare make a legal ruling based on an English work, and Islamic texts translated into English are among the worst in the world.

I did not find any 'science' in it; though they deliberately used the word and notably another word was 'hard work'. I also didn't understand what type of hard work could verify what prophet said? Believing their own people and using their judgment? That was after around 150 years from the death of Ali. You can imagine the deterioration of the situation at that time from Bukhari's explanation of 'fabrication for sectarian benefits'; by different sects and the reasons were still about power, money, gains etc.

Why should you find any science in it, what made you assume there would be?

why didn't you ask rather than just assume and misguide yourself?

Why did you assume Islamic scholars did things the same as western scholars?

Are you a scientist to recognize science?

<>This is simply his collection of ahadith, ie the fruits of his labor in summation not his science, methodology or reasoning you will find that only in Arabic works not English.

I strongly suggest you thoroughly go through this website,

www.islamic-awareness.org

Especially the section on Hadith for a basic introduction to the science of hadith verafication and its different aspects. Sit with a scholar who knows about this science you have far to many misconceptions and misunderstanding simply becouse you have not bothered to go and study this properly.

by different sects and the reasons were still about power, money, gains etc.

Utter garbage, are the ahadith about womens menstruation about power, money and gains. 

You can imagine the deterioration of the situation at that time from Bukhari's explanation of 'fabrication for sectarian benefits'; <>

No scholar ever formulated a conclusion based on imagination, which is not something I can say for you. The situation was far from anarchy in respect to religious instruction, those who where pious remained pious despite the political landscape or are you now asserting that no pious people existed after the time of the prophet.

Which sects did the four Imams Belong to or the scholars of ahadith or any person they narrated from, this is the crux of matter.

Keep your christian/western preconceptions in the west they do not apply to Islam our scholars did not alter the quran for gain nor the ahadith.

I also didn't understand what type of hard work could verify what prophet said? Believing their own people and using their judgment?

That is because you have blindly made judgment purely based on what is written in English, Islam is a religion based on the Arabic language all the sources are in Arabic. Hardly anything has been translated into English and nothing of the science of ahadith. What they have written is a summation, I find it amazing you have become frustrated solely based on your simple conclusion that "this is all there is to know".

by different sects and the reasons were still about power, money, gains etc.

Which sects did the main scholars of Islam belong to�the answer is none, what he is referring to is deviant sects that sprang among the muslim ummah not that every person in the muslim ummah belonged to a sect this is a vast difference from your assumption.

The scholars developed the science of ahadith to preserve the sunnah from there fabrication and keep the muslim ummah on the right path.

Do you know what the term Mutawatir means?

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 7:42pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Reading your post, I feel that you have not read all the previous posts in the thread. Please read it, the prove exists there. Tell me which of the quranic verses are wrong (May Allah Forgive Us) to say that quran is the only source of law, Quran is detail-complete and needs no explanation etc etc etc .........

I have not read all the posts, you are not the first person or the last person that will argue this point.

Who are you to interprate a verse in the quran the way you wish, have you even bothered looking up the traditional meanings of these verses, THE REASON WHY THEY WERE REVEALED. There is a simple rule in tafsir "the Quran explains the Quran" yet you use the quran to contradict the quran interprating it like some hertical christian who comes up with a new understanding for the bible every other week.

Do you even speak arabic !!??

Nor is the denial of the confirmed sayings of the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) an insignificant matter because Allah Most High says: What the Messenger has forbidden you from, desist from it and fear Allah. Verily Allah is intense in punishment. [Q. Al-Hashr 59:7]

This is not refering to the Quran itself but the prophets own words.

Allah does not order muslims to follow the words of our prophet then allows them to be lost for all eternaty after his death, the Quran is for all time and all people so when Allah says
[We have revealed the Reminder and We have taken upon ourselves the duty of preserving it intact] (Al-Hijr 15:9). this also includes the sunnah of the prophet otherwise it would be impossible for later generations to follow and carry out direct injunctions in the Quran like following the example of our prophet [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam]. [you need to look at the sciene of ahadith specificaly to see how the ummah preserved it, i will adress this in a later post].

The Quran itself was primarily preserved in the minds of the sahabbah, tabiin and each successive generation, We have a title for a person who memorises the Quran they are called Hafiz, allah also holds a special place for people who have memorised the Quran in it's entirety one hadith relates that the parents of a person who is a hafiz will enter jannah another relates they will come on the day of judgment wearing crowns and smiling. Muslims are known for the memorisation of the Quran in its entirety we are also known for our extremely strong memories.

See http://www.iol.ie/~afifi/BICNews/Sabeel/sabeel3.htm

The point is the same people who memorised the Quran also memorised ahadith it was preserved through the same source not separate.

If you agree and believe in Allah's words then where from Hadith comes?

i believe in the Quran as it was revealed by rasul allah, Allah did not speak to you or me, The Quran itself gives a clear directive to follow the messenger of allah in all he says and commands.

Then come about hadith; Mr. Bukhari says that these are reliable chains and we can believe it. So you believe it. Forget about his certificate, first tell me, why should I believe Bukhari himself that he was righteous? Any mandate he has from Allah to make laws? isn't it like Paul, Peter, Mathew, Luke describing what jesus said and did? Just think.

if you simply believe that we believe him simply becouse he said so then i am insulted at being accused of such st**idity, read his evidence study his methodology for verifying ahadith. Clearly you are ignorant of the simple and basic facts, the muwatta was not verified by Imam Bukhari the muwattah is the work of imam malik, care to state openly when that work was completed you may find it blows holes in your simple analysis. There are TWO PEOPLE BETWEEN MALIK AND THE PROPHET...TWO!!.

YOU have made many ASSUMPTIONS, the muwattah was written LONG before imam bukhari or the era of hadith codification.

You tell me why Hadith is needed? If you know any reason, please tell me.

ahadith explain the Quran, they elaborate on the Quran, they state why the verses in the quran where revealead ie giving there context, without which no person will ever understand the quran properly.

a final point, you wont learn or even find the science of hadith online so dont assume what you have read is all there is to know.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 4:50am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

I am sorry brother but i dont think i have capacity to debate some1. For me every thing is 1 + 1 = 2 and i can never thank Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala enough to make things clear in my mind. For me Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala never makes anything without a purpose. Then how can he send 240,000 Prophets alyhimusalaam just like that, He only revealed four major books and hundred and some booklets (sahifa, sorry dont know the real translation of it). So were those Prophets not sent to clarify matters and tell people about the Laws of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

I am sure you must have seen me mentioning this so many times, but i can not seem to find anywhere in Holy Quran how to pray. The prayer times are not very clear themselves and many other things. I will mention one thing, if you read Surah Muzammil, it looks like tahajjud is fard on us, Do you think it is? and if not where does it say in Holy Quran it is not.

Wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 2:42am

Dear Sign Reader

Further to my last post; I basically have no disagreement with you on the issue of following the prophet.

1. I don't have any sort of believeable proof that the hadith is prophet's words/acts etc & How do you believe blindly on something which has been passed over 200 years? isn't it possible to be corrupted, given the situation during this period?

2. If you have to check with Quran everything and then follow whatever is supported by Quran; then why go there? Simply Read the Quran and follow it directly. Why complicate?

3. Following Quran is following the prophet, coz he led his life according to the quran; Allah says. What problem do you/me could find in believing and doing that?

4. You seem to suggest that Quran alone is not enough for the jurisprudence, salat etc but i don't find any deficiency in Quran. I find everything is there in Quran. Anyway, you can't make new things which are not supported or guided by Quran.

5. You are accepting that there are some mistakes in Hadith but majority are good, so follow it. I am scared to be in sin by putting a single lie in prophet's mouth/name, while i don't find any necessity of doing it, coz i can get everything in the Quran.

I am following the prophet by following the complete Quran which he brought from Allah. Allah definitely (Insha-Allah) will not mind if someone lives within the Quranic laws, but will someone be spared for following & spreading a single lie in the name of prophet?

Can you gurantee that everything in Hadith is true?

Edited by nu001
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2007 at 9:47pm

Text under the comments heading are only my words. Please read it and may go though the entire history of the time and hadith, and make your conscious decision for it. If you are confused, please turn to Quran. Allah has given us a straight path and His prophet Muhammad did not do or preach anything other than Quran. That's why when Allah says follow muhammad; Now it means follow the Quran which came through him.

Have A Glimpse from the History - After 24 years of Prophets Death:

After Uthman (Usman) was assassinated (656 AD) Ali was elected as Caliph. This period only lasted for five years. I call this period the period of frustration. Hadrat Ali found the caliphate to be a bed of thorns. During those five years, he fought three battles: (i) the Battle of the Camel, (ii) the Battle of Siffin, and (iii) the Battle of Nahrawan. All three battles were fought against the Muslims and led to considerable bloodshed. It was a matter of the great shock for him, that instead of fighting against non-Muslims, he had to fight against Muslims.

At the outset of his caliphate, he was betrayed by Banu Umayya when Muawiyah defied him and accused him of involvement in the murder of Hadrat Othman. He was betrayed by the people of Medina who did not respond to his call to undertake 'jihad' against Muawiyah. He was betrayed by Talha and Zubair, who took the oath of allegiance from him and later defected. He was betrayed by Hadrat A'isha his mother-in-law, who took top arms against him. He was betrayed by the people of Basra who had taken the oath of allegiance fro] him but later defected. At Siffin he was betrayed by his own army who would not fight when the victory was in sight. In the matter of arbitration, he was betrayed by his umpire Abu Musa Ashari, who instead of defending his cause, deposed him. He had to face the succession of the Kharijites who had originally fought on his side at the battle of Siffin. He was betrayed by Khurrity b. Raashid who had been his ally, but later revolted against him, and created trouble in Basra. He was betrayed by his own brother Aquil who was not satisfied with the allowance that Hadrat Ali gave him, and joined Muawiyah who rewarded him handsomely. He was betrayed by his cousin Abdullah b. Abbas when he had appointed as the Governor of Basra, and who left his post after misappropriated heavy fines from the Bait-ul-Mal. The final active betrayal came when Hadrat Ali was married, by a fanatic Kharijite.

Comments:     Just have a look at the history at the last legs of the Caliphate. You can well imagine what was going on there after. If you are interested you can go through all of it. The anarchy, fighting and betrayals all around are notable. Don�t you think/see clearly that all these were because of money/power/benefits etc?? Surely; not for the benefit of Islam.

Introduction of the Book �Sahih Bukhari�:

�The explosion of Islam in the 7th and 8th centuries confronted Islamic scholars with a daunting task: to preserve the knowledge of the Sunnah of the Prophet (saas). Hence the science of hadith evaluation was born.

Science of Hadith

�The more important reason was the deliberate fabrication of hadith by various sects which appeared amongst the Muslims, in order to support their views (see later, under discussion of maudu' ahadith). Ibn Sirin (d. 110), a Successor, said, "They would not ask about the isnad. But when the fitnah (trouble, turmoil, esp. civil war) happened, they said: Name to us your men. So the narrations of the Ahl al-Sunnah (Adherents to the Sunnah) would be accepted, while those of the Ahl al-Bid'ah (Adherents to Innovation) would not be accepted.�

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/scienc eofhadith/asai.html

Comments:     This is from the justification given in the book of Sahih bukhari. Which he (Bukhari) collected between 826 AD-841 AD and was first compiled as a book in 842 AD. I did not find any �science� in it; though they deliberately used the word and notably another word was �hard work�. I also didn�t understand what type of hard work could verify what prophet said? Believing their own people and using their judgment? That was after around 150 years from the death of Ali. You can imagine the deterioration of the situation at that time from Bukhari�s explanation of �fabrication for sectarian benefits�; by different sects and the reasons were still about power, money, gains etc.

At that point some group came up with this concept of hadith; for what? Whom did they serve? They served the sectarian leaders to uphold the positions of their own sects. This created religious elites; who gained a share of control in money, power, benefits along side the rulers.

There by Islam was finally divided into sects. Both parties have differences in Tafsirs and Hadith. Someone must have lied? Who was that? Probably we know each others answer. Can such things be a source of laws for Ibadah & Faith?

Well there may be some element of truth mixed with it, if that does not bother you, then no problem. But that bothers me and takes me back to the complete truth and noting but truth. Al Quran.

nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2007 at 9:22pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

nu001
786:ASA
I feel sorry that bro Sawtul and sister amah got no where with their effort to put the messenger (saw) in a perspective of the revelations.
This has been observed in the elitist Muslims who are late in their incursion into Islam by a lack of training early on in their lives.

Islam is a panoramic faith provided with way of life from the get go by the messenger(s) which was a complete package at the time of his death unlike any other religion which built dogma and rituals as they went along and gained political footholds.

It is also obvious that you ignore to acknowledge credit to the Prophet(saw) for his services to Allah on the ummah's behalf.

You relind me of Elijah Muhammad's MO of knowing the Quraan without any comprehending the background of each revelations and creating a deviant cult of his own. His main lieutenant Malcolm X discovered the truth and followed the proper sunnah faith but ended up paying the price with his life for telling the errors of his mentor's ways of interpreting Quraan.

Let's see when Allah states in the following signs: What areas are being covered !!!

Al -Ahzab
33:21 Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah.

a. his beautiful Sunnah
b. Hope for grace of Alllah on day of judgment
c. the prayer /how to

33:56 Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and
salute him with all respect

Where do you find the details of his beautiful pattern and

send salutations in salaat if don' t check the procedures in the early Imam's say Abu Hanifa (R) Born 80/699-150/767-via his recording from Hadith for his school of jurisprudence which has continued since.
If your concern is about Bukhari that  he  came on the scene too late!

There is not much description about the Prophet (saw)in Quran,Where do you go--to the orientalists?

Al-Imran 3:31 Say Oh Prophet : "If ye do love Allah, follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (full of grace)."

Here The Prophet(saw) is being instructed by God to proclaim the to the believers to follow HIM if they want to be loved by Allah.

If you are bereft of the knowledge of his seerah how can you even get in that ball park much less following him?
Are you with me so far?

His is the most quoted, and scrutinized seerah there is of any world leader cuz his life was an open book for the believers to follow. They passed on the details to coming generations as a trust of their preferred love story. They will love to emulate his ways as much as humanly possible.
I have read about a great saint that he would not eat a certain fruit cuz he could not find in sunnah that how did the Prophet(saw) ate that particular item.
Allah's grace is not possible till one loves the ways of Muhammad(sa) in the light of the quoted signs.

The companions were his lovers cuz he came back after ascension to suffer at the hands of the idolaters  in order to complete the religion of his patriarch Abraham (as)  and establish which nobody could achieve in span of millenniums the numerous prophets of Israelites notwithstanding.

It is OK if the some hadith were transmitted in poor form or recorded as such and tell you what they are not the basis of Islamic creed anyways.

The Quraan is always there as GO NOGO gaging for quality purposes(Furqan) as long as you are knowledgeable and granted wisdom and not creating trouble (fitnah).

It seems you are trying to self medicate yourself cuz the access to the pharmacy is available. There are some ailments you may self medicate by reading the labels and get your health back,  but you know it is always smart to ask the pharmacist. You know self medication is bad idea when life threatening condition prevails.
It also indicates a condition of irresponsibility and a state where the people take short cuts to make up for the missed opportunities in their
devolutionary processes. Some Muslims or pseudo Muslims are prone to this kind of approach in their futile attempt to mollify their colonial states. First they knock at the seerah then they will go to modify the  Quraan itself, then what next only Allah knows.
The Kharjites of the Ali/Muaviyah conflict time frame also were the proponents of the Quraan only to be the arbiter of disputes and then guess what they created in the ummah? a split that has no chance of healing in foreseeable future.
It is part of humanity, one doesn't need to get bent out of shape and throw the baby with bath water.

How do you develop the jurisprudence if you don't have the body of hadith available to set up and adjudicate in the court system, unless you are 
proponent of status quo of colonial legal system for Muslims.

So in conclusion if there will be a need of the Islamic jurisprudence there will be demand to establish Islamic schools and universities the scholars and student will debate and sort out which hadith are Prophet's and which are not! And are they even applicable to the current life & times.

Muslims need to develop big shoulders first to carry this responsibility. The most educated Muslims are helping the colonialist at the moment being in diaspora like the Jews were.
It is matter of law and order; the muslims are just trying or look like to free themselves of the colonialism and the next step has to be rule of the law and enforcement of the laws without fear or favor. 

More later may be

Dear Sign Reader

I can understand your sentiments; it is hard to come out from the thoughts which is age old. If you try to understand the Quranic verses being a little neutral (Without Preconceived ideas) for the time being; you will i hope have a better meaning of it.

I love prophet as much as you do. That's why I believe that each and every word of Quran is from Allah & follow it, and it is proven that there is no mistake in Quran.

Quran says that prophet didnot do or preach anything else other than Quran; I would feel lucky if I could follow him in totality. But unfortunately he is not there and left the Quran for us to follow.

Please see my earlier posts for refference from Quran; that even prophet was not authorised to make laws, it is only Allah who makes law. Now once Mr Bukhari says that prophet did this after 200 years, which is not supported by Quran, why should I believe him, any good reason?

Can you just prove that these were prophet's words/deeds/orders without having blind faith on Mr. Bukhari?

How do you explain the verses I quoted in my previous posts?

If I follow Quran, I am also following the prophet and of course Allah. Isn't it?

Can you also tell me why you need to know tafsirs/background (Which is disputed by different faction of muslims) to understand Quran? Can you site example of a verse which cant be understood without knowing background of it?

If hadith, tafsir etc was necessary, don't you think that the Chaliphs (who put Quran together as a book) would have recorded it? Why they will leave it for someone after over 200years coming from a non arabic background (Bukhara) to put it together and divide islam on the issue?

Please read the introduction of the very bukhari and the history back to the days of the last chaliph, how was the situation and how people were giving wrong refferences of prophet for their benefits (Money/power) while muslims were fighting muslims. Which group was right? Naturally every one likes to think their fore fathers were right. Islam is not fore fathars religion.

Allah did not complicate things, we the people did. People don't make religion, Allah makes. Allah has delivered Quran as the staright path. Confusions and controversies of hadith can't be a part of straight path.

Allah is the Greatest.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic