IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the tech we miss the most  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the tech we miss the most

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote journalista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the tech we miss the most
    Posted: 05 March 2007 at 5:29pm

Who of us don't like that easy life which technology made? Our wireless networks, high powered computers, mobile phones and so on. These all things we can't imagine our life without it. But also we all have a few rosy recollections of great old products of the past, like our early video games that if we saw them now we'd laugh at their simplicity and how weak the graphics were. So, let�s stroll down technology's memory lane. Share our remembrances of our favorite products that have gone the way of the dodo. 

for meee , it's the sweet sweet sounds dial up modem

soo, What tech do you remember most fondly? 

Edited by journalista
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 6:26am
I miss my old telephone..it is currently locked up in the store room...you have to turn the no. plait to dial...

Also the Solar Cooker...we used it only once...and packed it cause it took sooooooooo long to cook.....

And who can forget the 90's computers...where only DOS programs run...and Prince of Persia and Commander Keen was my favorite game....

And windows 3.1!!!
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
.:: SoHaIB ::. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:44pm
I miss playing Dangerous Dave...... i almost got whacked by my gramps for playing it all day long....good times.... good times
number41 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 5:49pm

For me it is my programming calculator. Boy I have had hard time programming that robot when I was given the assignment by my boss on my first few days at work! I can remembered it well that I spend most of my days in the office doing nothing but fixing, and feeding the mathematical logic into that machine. It is just like implementing a system programme now.

This bizarre looking monster, now kept buried and RIP in the Time Capsule unit in our office building. A sad occasion for me though during the ceremony of sealing the capsule.

'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic