IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Radio, TV & Film
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Story of Weeping Camel  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Story of Weeping Camel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Story of Weeping Camel
    Posted: 10 May 2005 at 12:09pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Brothers and Sisters or Sisters and Brothers,

Let's have a trip to an amazing place which will insh'allah take all of your weights on our minds,will make you being relaxed for awhile...please view the trailer...wonderful document film...Subhan'Allah...

Sister Ummziba,as i have realized from your writings in the board that you love nature as an sign of Allah...please consider this film,you will insh'allah admire...Wa Salaam...

http://www.thinkfilmcompany.com/weepingcamel/index2.html

Edited by Suleyman
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:19pm

as salaamu alaikum brother,

Yes, I have heard of this film.  I saw all about it on the National Geographic website.  I was looking forward to watching it when it ran on television, but, I missed it when it came on!  (al hamdulillah for the trial of my faulty memory!)  I will catch it on summer re-runs, or, try to borrow it from the public library - they should have a copy of it sooner or later, insha allah!

And yes, I most certainly love nature as the best sign of Allah (in my mind anyway)!  I do love to watch films about the glorious creations of Allah, whether that be the grandeur of mountains, rivers or forests or the tiniest bee or bird (or even camels!).  In my garden alone there are more signs of Allah than you could count in many days!

Thank you for pointing out this film.  It has jogged my memory and now seeing it up on the board will remind me to ask at the library! 

wa alaikum salaam, wa rahmatullah, wa barikatu!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 4:00pm

Awwww - this movie made me cry because I hate to see animals suffering! Especially baby ones! (Note: movie does not end badly!) 

A lovely movie! I _really_ wanna go to Mongolia one day!

Kim...

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 1:43pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Alhamdulillah!  I have finally seen this movie on T.V.  What a lovely story.  It is always so good to see how other people live.  What a nice, simple life.  We "spoiled" people could sure learn a lesson or two!  And how lovely to see so many generations living together - that is incredibly rare (here in Canada, anyway).

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2005 at 4:05am
Hi,

You guys might be interested to read about the Lotus CHildren's Home in Ulaan Bataar.  It's an orphanage being run by an Australian woman!

I have been raising goods to send them, including a wonderful juice extractor donated by the Breville company.

Please have a look at www.lotuschild.org  and www.lotuschild.org/history.htm.

Kim...

Edited by kim!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic