IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Praying question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Praying question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xShannonx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Praying question
    Posted: 21 February 2007 at 10:23pm

Is there a specific dress code you have to wear during prayer?

I read at a site that when you're praying you can't wear clothing that shows the shape of your body and your hair has to be covered (obviously for women). What if you don't have proper clothing for prayer?

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 10:35pm

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Assalaamualaikum

While praying you need to be  covered (includes hair). Nothing should show except hands and face. Yes, it should not show your shape.

What if you don't have proper clothing for prayer?

You can wear anything that is decent and covers you well. It would be nice if the clothing is beautiful. We do that for others, so why not for Allah?

Allah knows best

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 11:27pm

As'salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Amah u always click quicker than me  Anyways

Dress code for woman mentioned in the post above is not pemissible be it while offering salah or not.

Muslim woman have to wear clothes that will conceal the body and her �awrah, by wearing clothes that do not show the skin, as see-though clothes do, and do not show the shape of the body, as tight clothes do. Pants or trousers are clothes that show the shape of a woman�s body and �awrah, so for this reason it is not permissible for women to wear pants, unless she wears over them a wide or loose shirt. One of the aims of Islam is protect people�s �awrahs and avoid uncovering them, because taking this matter lightly is one of the means of falling into that which Allaah has forbidden, namely zina (fornication, adultery) and the things that lead to it. The Muslim woman has to adhere to the Islamic etiquette in the way she dresses, moves and speaks. This info is from islamqa.

It is reported in a saheeh hadeeth that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
There are two types of the people of Hell whom I have not seen yet. People with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait. They will not enter Paradise nor even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance may be detected from such and such a distance.� 

The scholars interpret �clothed yet naked� as referring to women who wear tight clothes or light clothing that does not cover what is beneath it, or short clothes.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Sadija View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 1:07am

Salaam

No clothing that is dirty or of animal. 

Hair fully covered its not farz but its disliked if you don't dress well.

Angels run away in shame if you are not dressed well.  And then no blessing.

If you don't have any good clothes make a intention before you pray like "Ya Allah I come with no pride, no shame for you my Creator. You know my heart please look aside from my clothes and see my goodness. Ameen. Then start your prayer.

Allah understands He is Merciful.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull
xShannonx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xShannonx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 10:45pm

k,

Thanks everyone for helping.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic