IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your basic "Dream Guide"  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your basic "Dream Guide"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hijaab waali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your basic "Dream Guide"
    Posted: 21 February 2007 at 3:21am

Islamic guide to �Dreams�

Salaam fellows�

I would like to share a very interesting and informative site about �Dreams� and their interpretation as quoted in various Islamic resources. It�s simply wonderful; I mean you can find the interpretation of your specific dreams in many ways. I.e. the Islamic date you saw the dream OR the object you saw in dream or the part of the night you saw the dream in. Check it out and do share your views� The address is: http://www.abidis.org

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:26am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

i would not recomend going to this site they mix islamic knowledge with kufr knowledge about such matters. see there section on zodiacs.

the best guide to intrprating dreams is Ibn Sereens book on the matter, its available in both arabic and english.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Sadija View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:34am

Its tough who to believe and whom not.

The only thing I know is when the dream is upsetting you then its from Shaytaan.

If its before Fajr then its usually form Allah.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull
shymuslima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shymuslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:40am
salaam

the best suggestion i can make is if you think that the site is shireek then avoid it...just in case.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 2:30pm

Originally posted by Sadija Sadija wrote:

If its before Fajr then its usually form Allah.

Interesting, but can you provide evidence for this assertion?

USA-NIQAABI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 6:07am

Assalamu'Alaikum,

I had heard from a scholar several years ago that it is bad to tell others about negative/bad dreams because by telling another person about the dream you open the possiblity of fitnah and allowing the shaiteen to attache to that person...also we have been instructed in sunnah on what to do and say if we experience a bad dream and awake from it....

It's also said that during sleep that your soul is removed from your body by Allah(swt) and at that point it is possible for the spirit of the dead to contact you such as a family member etc...but that is the only time they can contact you is during sleep...

It is a blessing to wake up every day from sleep and have been blessed by Allah(swt) to have restored our souls into our bodies from sleep....so why would we want to study the negative sides of dreams when clearly the bad ones come from Shaiteen sources...and have been instructed of what to do when awaking from them and to not tell others about bad dreams...

Massalaama

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

i would not recomend going to this site they mix islamic knowledge with kufr knowledge about such matters. see there section on zodiacs.

the best guide to intrprating dreams is Ibn Sereens book on the matter, its available in both arabic and english.

Rami:
ASA

If you have to pick on the site-it would be that it happens to be  Shia  styled.
So far the Zodiac section is concerned, it is all basic stuff and you know Allah refers to Zodiac so much that Quraan even has a Sura with this name. What gives?Bro
At-Takwir (The Folding Up) 81:15 So verily I call to witness the planets - that recede,

I see here Allah has made these planets as sentries and witnesses over the disbelievers and ignorant people. The Zodiac is a humongous time clock, some people know how to read it and  most don't. I have read Sultan Mehmed II was the best one amongst the history makers in this area who read and set the date of his conquering  Constantinople.
Have you done any studies in this area? or you are just lumping this with kufr without any evidence to prove your point of view.
I would like you to elaborate your POV.

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 9:48pm

stars are Allahs creation. Astrology is a vast field and theres so much of research that has been done in this area. before i study what man has to say on this issue. i wish to know what out Creator has told us about the stars. can someone please point me to the releveant verses of the quran that deal with astrology...i know there are verses that deal with the moon, the stars and the sun, but i dont know where to find them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic