IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A request   for peace..how?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A request for peace..how?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bissmillah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A request for peace..how?
    Posted: 07 May 2005 at 8:56am
A question for this forum..I need to know how can we all request for peace? no more killings, no more war,no more terrorist,no more weapons, no more violent,no more hates', no more oppression, and have peace nothing more than this and no more exception or excuses for any type of violent on any human being please provide some solace to the heart who aches, we do not want any more  sadness or anger or rage..... 

Edited by bissmillah
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 9:44am

Well, people tend to say it starts with you, you want to change the world, you need to change yourself.

You cannot stop everything nor have a squeaky clean image there will always be something.

As for the request, there's none really if it comes from you first, you just 'be' peace.

You want to see a smile you need to smile first. Looking into a mirror, you don't see a smile till you smile first, right? Is this any different with Peace?

If we didn't have sadness, anger and rage, how would we know happiness, peace and calmness ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:06am

Originally posted by bissmillah bissmillah wrote:

A question for this forum..I need to know how can we all request for peace? no more killings, no more war,no more terrorist,no more weapons, no more violent,no more hates', no more oppression, and have peace nothing more than this and no more exception or excuses for any type of violent on any human being please provide some solace to the heart who aches, we do not want any more  sadness or anger or rage..... 

Bob Marley/WAR

Until the philosophy which holds one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war

That until there is no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights are equally
Guaranteed to all, without regard to race
Dis a war

That until that day
The dream of lasting peace, world citizenship
Rule of international morality
Will remain in but a fleeting illusion
To be pursued, but never attained
Now everywhere is war, war

And until the ignoble and unhappy regimes
That hold our brothers in Angola, in Mozambique,
South Africa sub-human bondage
Have been toppled, utterly destroyed
Well, everywhere is war, me say war

War in the east, war in the west
War up north, war down south
War, war, rumours of war

And until that day, the African continent
Will not know peace, we Africans will fight
We find it necessary and we know we shall win
As we are confident in the victory

Of good over evil, good over evil, good over evil
Good over evil, good over evil, good over evil

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 9:13am

Peace has to begin in our hearts.  We must be able to let go of past crimes, rudeness, insults, hatred, bigotry, and animosity of any sort.  We must pray for forgiveness for all the pain and suffering we have caused any other human being.  We will have to refuse to be associated in any manner with those who commit the above listed offenses.  We must be willing to die a martyr's death for our God and our faith if we are called upon to denounce our beliefs by those who prefer chaos and hatred to peace.  I know the song below is very old, and was probably written long before many of you were born.  But the words will always ring true.  I don't know if the world will ever know perfect peace, I personally doubt it, but I DO believe we can make great strides toward that end.  We can do much better; we can be much more peaceful persons than we currently are.  We have MUCH to be ashamed of in our lives.  We have ALL sinned and are all guilty of contributing to the terrible savagery and hatred directed at our fellow human beings.  It's time to stop the carnage.

Let There Be Peace On Earth

Let there be peace on earth
                                                    And let it begin with me
                                                  Let There Be Peace on Earth
                                                The peace that was meant to be
                                                    With God as our Father
                                                      Brothers all are we
                                                  Let me walk with my brother
                                                      In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
                                                  Let this be the moment now.
                                                      With ev'ry step I take
                                                  Let this be my solemn vow;
                                                 To take each moment and live
                                                Each moment in peace eternally
                                                  Let there be peace on earth
                                                    And let it begin with me

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 9:01am
Very simple. Disarm and quarantine the Americans for 148 years. They will become almost human and even possibly begin to think!!

Edited by Whisper
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:06am

Okay now a different angle, which may shock us all because we have become so used to our System of Exploitation, Loot, Killing that we feel lost even with the thought that it may come to its end.

1. Finish Cap It All ism - replace it with Alternative Financial Therapy.

2. Sovereignity of State or a person is an immoral divisive ages old repressive tool - base all our considerations on the RIGHTS of man - every single man on Earth. Not that when some whites are killed by whoever in a plane crash - we are made to fork out $7,000,000 a head - BUT when seven Iraqi are proven to be "unlawfully" killed the British MoD (does it stand for the Merchants of Death) pays �3,259 and I believe 72 pence.

3. End the spin that wars can be "legal" under any circumstance. Its the favourite excuse offered by the English Speaking Cousins' Union for keeping their image when they go on their racist man hunts.

4. Demolish UN - Create United Peoples' Org with EQUAL vote for every SINGLE man woman on Earth. In UN India has one vote - so does Tuvalu Island - pop 175,000.

5. Penalise the World Bank and IMF for sowing misery around the world.

6. Charge war criminals immediately and without any delay in an open court set up by the UPO.

7. Parliament had 5 years term in 1776. A letter took exactly 11 months to reach a battlefield in the US from London. How long does a letter take to be delivered from anywhere in the world to anywhere? Must we have a parliament sitting for that long damaging period? Why must we not hold our "leaders" (mostly ilformed psychopaths running for power anyway) to count LIKE company CEOs for shorter periods.

8. Reps were put up as substitutes for courtiers. Today they get our votes and then sell us down to the highest bidder. This prostitution is given the grand title of "lobbying". Get rid of this archaic system. Have ordinary nice people, men, women even college kids sit as our reps for shorter periods like in the JURY service. If nice ordinary people can decide life and death of a person or persons cant they run their country.

The myth that you had to be from a certain blood group or at least a certain "college" is a curse that haunts the growth of humanity - and PEACE. ONLY fine ordinary people will set in peace. The likes of Zalmay Khalilzad, Condi Rice, Richard Perle and all others have spent time EVADING practical lives by getting useless doctorates.

In the end disarm and quarantine the Americans for 148 years in the interest of world peace!!

Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:42am

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Very simple. Disarm and quarantine the Americans for 148 years. They will become almost human and even possibly begin to think!!

Assalamu alaikum,

You're being optimistic akhi. 148 years is not that long.

Yusuf
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 11:35am
Man will always make mistakes and even Prophets commited sins. I don't think we can ever attain Utopia. I see peace more like a dynamic concept. There will always be evil, we can have peace if we can balance/control the evil. In fact, if we can ensure justice to ALL, we should be satisfied with what we have acheived.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic