IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - judge for yourself  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

judge for yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 10:32am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Hi BMZ,

Uh, the two thieves on the cross were not "petty thieves".....they were what we would consider today to be hard core criminals.  The "good" thief even admitted that when he told Jesus that he (the thief) deserved his punishment.  And their legs were broken to speed up their deaths because they had to be taken down from the cross before sunset.  As it was obvious that Jesus was already dead, they thrust a spear in his side instead of breaking his legs.

Fond Regards,

I think you have a very peaceful neighbourhood, Patty.  Aw! So sweet of you to appear here, the peaceful mediator.  I was just talking sweetly to yasha.

Good point. I did not expect that answer from yasha. That was the point I was coming to. Likewise in Islam, the order was not for chopping off hands of every petty thieves on a petty theft. It was ordained for hardcore bandits, robbers, kidnappers, etc.

Patty, we left all our baggage, briefcases, etc on a trolley in Jeddah airport. On top of that, my dear wife left her purse containing our passports, money and cards, etc. As the flight had been delayed for 4 hours, we went to town and came back after three hours. It was there in the exact place and no one had touched it.

Warm Regards

BMZ

Matter of fact, I DO live in a very peaceful neighborhood.  I live far in the woods, my friends are the animals of the forest....and a little further away are relatives of my husband. (Not much difference between the forest animals and his relatives.)   Just kidding.  I have to go several miles to find a neighborhood.    Me, the peaceful mediator?  Why, that's the first time anyone on this site has referred to me as such!  BMZ, I'm flabbergasted!   You were talking rather sweetly to yasha, which always makes me suspicious.

You bring out a good point regarding the amputation, shall we say, of people's extremities.  That it is not done for a minor offense, but instead for more serious crimes. 

Your family was very blessed that none of your property was stolen at the airport.  Allah/God and the guardian angels were all holding you in their blessed arms.  No wonder, what a sweet and devout family you are!  I, on the other hand, was once in a bus station in Chicago (long time ago), when I turned my head for a moment, and when I turned back I found that someone had stolen my wool jacket....and it was FREEZING outside.  I was alone and with little money.  Hmmmm, who was watching over me?  At that time of my life I didn't really deserve any special blessings from God or the guardian angels, and I will be the first to admit it.  I have changed, and am still trying to change for the better to this day....but I still have a little sinful streak which challenges me on occasion.  And I don't think I'll ever be canonized.  That is unless I die a martyr's death.   

Blessings to you.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic