IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How did Jesus die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How did Jesus die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 3:51am

It is the most important subject to know "What happened to Jesus?" Whatever is written above by arab and whatever is written in that long statement by the mufti is not correct. It is all wrong according to the Quran and Hadith and bible.

Isa a.s. has died a natural death at the age of about 120 years as mentioned in the Hadith. Also in another Hadith, The prophet s.a.w.s. had said "If Moses and Jesus were alive today, they would not have any recourse except to follow in my footsteps." i.e. they would have to follow my law ( My Shariayat)

If the Jews could not kill Jesus ( by Qatal) or if they could not kill him on the cross, it does not mean that he never died. If Allah raised him to himslef, that can only be spiritual raising of ranks and not bodily raising. Allah has no body that Jesus will go to him bodily and sit with God.

The one most important Hadith (in Bukhari and Muslim, both) is telling that the Isa who will come back to earth in later times will not necessarily be the same old Isa, the son of Maryam, the son of woman. He would not be the same person. All these things are found in the Islamic books, i.e. Quran and Hadith and hsitory.

Please do not think that Isa a.s. is alive now. No prophet is alive now. All prophets and messengers have passed away.

Edited by minuteman - 06 June 2008 at 3:55am
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 7:09am
Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

I know Islam says Jesus(pbuh) was not crucified.  then how did he die?  And is he in heaven now?  And what about his return?

An important question is, what is he doing now and what will he do in the future!
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 9:40am
minuteman -  You place the value of hadith over the Quran?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 6:06pm

My question to Believer , Robin or any other christians

It's your belief that God does n't go any change. Can u let me know , if Isa AS , ascended to heavens, spiritually or physically ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 6:23am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

minuteman -  You place the value of hadith over the Quran?
 Dear believer (momin), I do not place Hadith above the Quran.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 2:43pm
Does the Quran say that Jesus died?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 3:05pm
GOD's character does not change, His love, righteuosness, etc.  How GOD interacts with us has changed over time.

Do you believe that paradise/heaven is directly above the earth?  A physical place or a spiritual place?
John 3
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

I know Islam says Jesus(pbuh) was not crucified.  then how did he die?  And is he in heaven now?  And what about his return?

Ths Bible is the place to go to find out all you need to know.

I am sorry to say Robin, the Bible is not so reliable, with its inconsistancies I would not bet my penny on its credibility let alone put my trust in it to find truth.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic