IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - birth control  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

birth control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: birth control
    Posted: 25 January 2007 at 1:52am

by using birth control are we playing allah? and who is in control, us or allah? what is it that we are controlling here?

does islam leave it to us individuals to choose whether to use birth control or not, or does Islam dictate to us when and how this should be used? are there conditions?

how does all this fit into takdeer, and everything being pre dertermined by allah? what about thsoe who miscarry? those who abort? is this all just co incidental ?

are we all here in this world cos our parents didnt use any birth control?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 1:03am
Rook, this is not to offend you by any way, shape or form but, how old are you? The reason I asked is because most teenagers that I know including my 17 Year-Old Nephew when typing spell the word "cos" for "cause" which I find the former the lazy way of spelling. I was curious.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 8:07am

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Rook, this is not to offend you by any way, shape or form but, how old are you? The reason I asked is because most teenagers that I know including my 17 Year-Old Nephew when typing spell the word "cos" for "cause" which I find the former the lazy way of spelling. I was curious.

I thought "cos" (which my end is spelt "coz"  ) was for "because" not "cause" which is for something else

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 8:34am
maybe she meant cos as in cosine factor.
UmmAminata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 9:36am

hmmm..

I take it from your post that you don't believe in using birth control? Am I right sister?

I guess my feeling on that matter is that according to the Shafi'i school of thought it is considered offensive to use birth control but it isn't harram.

Reference "Reliance Of The Traveller." Sheik Nuh Ha Mim Keller.

I'd also like to say to that I believe each woman should make that choice for her self and I believe that when we have a one size fits all doctrine it can become cultish and dangerous. The Prophet sws { Reference Imam Bukhari) said " Differences are a mercy."

I believe that in today's world women are sick, and opressed by our own voilition. Man is really no longer responsible. I believe that three things keep us opressed. One: our own low self-esteem, low self-confidence, and lack of self awareness or education. Two: engaging in child bearing with out solid early childhood development education, solid support systems for labor and emotional assistance, and solid "planning for a family" information. Not be to confused with family planning commonly known as birth control. Our inability to plan for each child, and have a solid parenting plan harms our own survival because it comes back to bite us in the but, and the first manifestation of our errors is through our marriages or relationships with men. Three: Not having the skills and abilities to balance ourselves with out going to extremes and not holding the men in our lives accountable. In America I sincerely believe we are a people of extremes. We are often polarized and isolated within our own peer groups. I also believe that women overcompensate for their educational/economic achievments by settling for men and marriages they know aren't good for them.

So, I don't believe we are playing Allah, how could we ever? We are the creation, and Allah the creator? We are nothing, and Allah is the reality? We are slaves and only Allah has the the real ever lasting power.

My opinion only.

Miriam

Mrs. Dia
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 9:51am
Originally posted by UmmAminata UmmAminata wrote:

My opinion only.

Miriam

And a good one to.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 10:50am
I read a couple of Rook's post where she claims to be a mother of four...I guess she is older than I thought....
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 11:00pm

israfil, did i at any point in time say that u had the right to refer to me as Rook. do u know what rook means. why would u choose to shorten my name this way.

and secondly, what does my age have to do with anything here.

why would i claim to be a mother of 4.

"cos" for your info is a short form of because and not cause

instead of commenting on the topic, u would rather choose to talk about me............n then u call me a teenage..whose acting juvenile now? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic