IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - birth control  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

birth control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: birth control
    Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:44am
Thanks Mrs Dia and rookaiya.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
UmmAminata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 2:28am

Salaam Alaikum Moderator Amah

I so apologize!  Astafurllah I wasn't even thinking!  I was so focused on quoting sources that it didn't even occur to me!

It's not Brother Israfil's issue, it's mine. I totally was not thinking... my intention wasn't to be sexually explicit, and I do not believe that discussing sex is immodest, as there is no daleel for this Islamically, according to your rules yes, Islam no.

Brothr Israfil- ask a sheik who is a both a medical doctor and a scholar. Or ask a medical doctor who is a devout Muslim.

Go to some one who is totally educated.

My opinion only~

Mrs. Dia
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 10:56pm

angel

as Muslims we submit to the will of Allah. we cant choose which commands we obey and which commands we disregard.

where the Quran or sunnah is explicit on a matter..theres no room for our own personal preferences. we have to act in accordance with the quran and sunnah.

it is precisely for this reason that Allah SWT has laid down laws to guide mankind. as u can see, some are in favour of birth control and some are against. but ulitmately, the decision has already been made by our creator.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 9:24pm

Bismillah..

Assalaamualaikum,

Brother Israfil, it is better if you go and ask a shaikh yourself. Such explicit discussions are unappropriate on this forum where very young minds may browse.

Sister umm Aminata, remember, modesty is a branch of faith.

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 7:57pm

***17.  Materials that are explicit in nature or pertaining to sexuality will not be tolerated - even when the purpose is genuine. ***

Edited by amah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 1:05pm

Peace & Blessings Angel

I'm so sorry, I didn't reply to you earlier, I just now noticed your post, and I just now realized I'm in the men's section!

lol

I'm a former Catholic myself, and I have seen some groups of Muslims and some Scholars who have very similar beliefs regarding birth control as the Catholic church. It was easy for me to spot being a former Catholic.

I hope my post helped educate you a little bit. The beauty about Islam in my opinion is that there are differences and there is a balance. I see my choice as a balance. There are some scholars who even say that if a woman can't get pregnant for medical reasons every year or is insane that birth control should be used while at the other end of the specturm there are those who say the more the better!

I find that the scholars who are also secularly educated such as those who are medical doctors, and scientists realize that having a woman pregnant next year is very dangerous to her own physical and mental health. In a modern society having large family is harder aside from finances the extended family system doesnt exist anymore. I mean look at what happened to Andrea Yates! I wonder how many of her exist in Islamic socities or so called Muslim populated countries. Money is really your smallest money by a long shot, forget about affording children financially can you afford them psychologically, can your marriage afford them?

And lets remeber some one do like being pregnant and never get over their baby lust. I'm one of them which is why I have an IUD in place. I'd have ten children already, but I know my self very well, and I know I couldn't handle that many children even with a six figure income, and a nanny. I'd go totally crazy.

I think every issue regarding Islam is an emotional issue for many of us for very deep seated reasons.  When I post or speak or what ever, I try hard to not advise or even propogate based off my personal preferences. I try to advise based off a general standard because I know that a one size fits all solution is a fairy tale gone way bad for many women.

Peace and blessings

Mrs. Dia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 6:59am

Concerning the issue of birth control personally:

I do use birth control. I use the Minera IUD. It's a form of long term birth control.

I look at the issues from many different perspectives to include:

* I believe nothing, or no one earth has any real power, it's simply imagined. It's like a mirage, you walk near it, and than it disappears. In other words modern mans  belief in individuality is a delusion! La hawla wa la quata ila bilahi- " There is no power but Allah." Allah is Yal-Malik- Allah will always be King.

* Many women have and still do get pregnant off birth control just affirming that if Allah says "BE"... than it "It IS"..

* Hormonal birth control supplements have many adverse affects, barrier devices especially those implanted have dangerous and often fatal adverse affects.

* I don't believe in "birth control" - I think it's another illusion, but I do believe in child spacing. If some one doesn't want allot of children but doesn't want to use birth control, I believe that you should get married over the age of twenty seven to thirty when your egg production starts to decrease; I believe that you can space your children 3,4,5, years apart, if some one in there thirties does this there a good 70% chance they may only have no more than three children at the most.

* I also believe that if your marriage is on the brink of divorce, or was on the brink of divorce two years from the time you decide you want more that you should be patient and wait it out. Having children when you are living in a unhappy or unhealthy marriage is the worst thing you can do. Having more babies won't bond you closer to him, it will further drive him away. I believe the qaulity of your relationship, the degree of committment, trust, respect, and even sex, determine a great deal about engaging in further childbearing. I have no pitty for women who have allot of children knowing she is sick, the husband is sick, the marriage is sick, the best thing we can give our children other than the deen is a good marriage.

So these are my thoughts and feelings on it.

How do you feel Rookiyah? and others?

P.S.

Additional resources:

High Tech Natural Family Planning:

Ovulite - www.ovulite.com 800-923-9023

Ovusoft Fertility Software (757) 722-0991 www.ovusoft.com

Pregnancy & Childbirth:

DONA Internation: Doula's of North America 888-788-3662 www.dona.org

Assocation of Labor Assistants And Childbirth Educators 8888-2222-5223 www.alace.org

CIMS www. motherfriendly.org 888-282-2467

Post Partum Depression Support 800-944-PPD www.postpartum.net

Audio Tapes:

Mother Daughter Wisdom: Creating a Legacy of Physical and Emotional Health

Intutive Listening-How Intuition Talks Through Your Body

Igniting Intution: Unearthing Body Genuis

Igniting Intution

www.drnorthrup.com or Hay House 800-654-5126

Holistic Health Care Organizations:

American Holistic Medical Assocation www.holisticmedicine.org (505) 292-7788

National Center For Homeopthay wwww. homeopathic.org 877-6240613

International Academy Of Compounding Pharmacists www.iacprx.org 800-9274227

Mrs. Dia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 6:36am

Concerning the issue of birth control Islamically continued:

I am now sumarizing or paraphrasing please consult your local Imam to verify the accuracy or soundness for your own personal comfort and saftey.

The rights of a Muslim child:

1. The right to be concieved and born in wedlock.
  2. The right to an honerable name.
  3. The right to be Muslim meaning: the parents themselves must teach, and train the children to be Muslim knowing the five pillars of Islam, the six pillars of eman, the Qur'an, the Sunnah, and the sacred law as it applies to their individual situation.
  4. The right to food, clothing, and shelter.
  5. The right to know, and learn a trade before leaving home.
  6. The right to marriage to an honerable Muslim or Muslima.
  7. The right to compassionate, patience, and care.
  8. The right to be breastfed by the mother or a wet nurse.
  9. The right to two parents or access to the farther.
  10. The right to maternal and paternal grandparents if they are living.

If you can provide this for each child than you should keep having children, but lets remember that:

• each parents psychological, emotional, and spiritual well being must be sufficent to do so.
  • each parents intellectual and cognitive skills must be sufficent to do so.
  • each parents relationship with Allah and degree of worship must be sufficent to do so.
  • each parents knowledge of Islam must be sufficent to do so.
  • each parents physical and mental well being must be sufficent to do so.
  • one parent prefferably the farther must have the ability to financially support the Islamic, secular{trade} health, nutrition, clothing, and shelter needs of each child according to his means, according to socioeconomic level.

Not doing meeting these requirments intentionally is volating the rights of the child according to sheria law. Unlike most secular law, children's rights and responsibilities go above and beyond the three squares meals a day and a public education. No muslim child should be illiterate in their deen or secular education.

In cases of divorce or where the mother is single, these rights still apply the farther is bound to honor and implement the sacred law no matter how much he hates or dislikes his ex-wife, they still are his children.  Divorce is not an acceptable excuse to neglect the rights of a Muslim child ever.

continued..

Mrs. Dia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic