IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - vasectomy Haram?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedvasectomy Haram?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: vasectomy Haram?
    Posted: 21 January 2007 at 10:13am

'As-sal�mu calaykumm :)

I am a new revert to Islam.  I was wondering if a vasectomy is haram in Islam.  Let me explain my reason for asking.  I have 4 children with one on the way Alhamdulia. :)  I don't think I can support any more that what has been given me after our next child.  What do the scholars, sunnah or the Quran say in regards to my question.  I am new to Islam and I don't want to go against the teachings of Allah.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Anthony

rookaiya View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 1:47am

salaams tragik

i think u should ask about birth control in general, and not specifically a vasectomy. im surprised that this topic is dormant here, cos the issue of birth control was discussed in another forum and the posts were pouring in.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 8:11pm
Ah, sister Rookaiya, a Vasectomy is not a type of birth control but I would suggest to the inquirer to ask an Imam on this medical issue.
rookaiya View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 10:34pm

ok israfil..for what purpose is he wanting to have a vasectomy..................hes having it cos he doesnt want to have any more kids...........so it is a type of birth control in that sense........................just like how a woman will have a ligation and her tubes are knotted so she cant fall pregnant again.....

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 11:13pm
Ok I must have missed that part about him unable to support any more children....Ummm....well....There is a new technology out there called...ummm...condoms.......
rookaiya View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 11:15pm

israfil, im not surprised that u missed that part. cos u were so eager to "diss' me, right.

anywyas condoms arent 100% and they limit u in many ways.

shoe ba View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 8:34am
I agree.  You cannot simply say "oh well just use condoms" or anything else to a person b/c it is different for every person.  Sometimes it is not that easy and u don't know what their situation is.  SOme people are allergic, some people cannot get used to them, maybe there is a belief against them.  The point is, we don't know!!!
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 9:14am
Originally posted by rookaiya rookaiya wrote:

israfil, im not surprised that u missed that part. cos u were so eager to "diss' me, right.

anywyas condoms arent 100% and they limit u in many ways.

don't consider yourself that priviledged. I wasn't gonna "diss" you...I read the entire sentence but I may have missed that. Its a phenomenon you probably heard of called  being "tired." The author left out clues on vasectomy yes but I doubt that distributors out there put condoms out people are allergic to. Unless you are allergic to latex the fabric of the condoms do not necessarily cause allergies. They have different brands of condoms assuming that people are allergic to latex they can use other materials.

Room you mention they hinder you in other ways...I assume you mean sexually. Well, its either that or like he inquires, get  a vasectomy. I don't see why Islam would hinder that. I don't think God makes laws to infringe on personal rights especially in circumstance ssuch as this individuals. Condoms are not 100% but then again no contraceptives are they are either 85-99% so regardless what method you use even vasectomy you can still get pregnant. Yes a woman can get pregnent even if the man has a vasectomy. There chance is slime to none but it is of the 99% so you have a 1% chance. I know when I worked at the hospital a "large" woman came in with stomach pains but come to find out she was pregnant. She claimed that her husband had a vasectomy so she couldn't understand how she got pregnant.

The physician informed her that even still there is a chance that seminal fluids containing sperm could still impregante her.

Edited by Israfil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic