IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - About Dogs?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Dogs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 12:12pm
I love dogs. My mom does not let them in to the house but I feed one dog (its a stray dog, i mean) almost daily at night.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 12:14pm

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

I love dogs. My mom does not let them in to the house but I feed one dog (its a stray dog, i mean) almost daily at night.

Good,i think i can not make an agreement with my mom on Kangal Dog;but i am sure i can take for Irish Setter...

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:07pm

as salaamu alaikum brother Suleyman,

You might like to check out this:

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaapplication/english/display. asp?hFatwaID=124267

At the bottom of the article there is a part "You can also read" which has five more articles on the subject of dogs. 

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

as salaamu alaikum brother Suleyman,

You might like to check out this:

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaapplication/english/display. asp?hFatwaID=124267

At the bottom of the article there is a part "You can also read" which has five more articles on the subject of dogs. 

Peace, ummziba.

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister UmmzibaThank u very much,i'll give the consider after i have turn back from the job...Wa Salaam..

falcon_shark View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falcon_shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 12:21pm
Dogs are considered filthy in Islam. Mainly because they lick their behinds are generally badly behaved. They should be avoided if at all possible.
Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 11:31am
Three years before I became a muslim and married my husband,I had a dog I loved with all my heart. She was a beautiful Chocolate Labrador who gave me alot of joy,and helped me to feel much less lonely. We did everything together,long hikes in nature,swimming in the ocean..I loved her a great deal. But,when I got married,I realized that she (being a big dog and not accostomed to living outside the home)could not survive in Jordan.Everytime I spoke with my husbands family about her,about having to give her away,I would break down in big tears.But,I had to do the best thing for her,and find her a great family that would love her as much as I had. It's been more than 3 years since I gave her away,and I still miss her. We are currently in America,but the family that took her wont allow me to see her because I am muslim.My husband does not understand what pets' give to you.But has promised me that when we return home,he will get me all the animals I want that can live outside the home.When I first visited Jordan,I got to ride a camel,and fell instantly in love with them. So,when we go home,he has promised to get me my own camel and a horse as well,and probably a cat,as well as other farm animals.Right now,my only pet is a Goldfish,and just to show you how silly I am,I dote on this fish!  Alway's doing my best to take very good care of it! LOL   Being raised non muslim and with alot of indoor animals,especailly my family always had a dog,it was a bit of a challenge to understand why dogs are considered dirty animals.(I kept my dog VERY clean) Anyway,this has been my expeirence.*****Moona
Moonie
jajabinks101 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jajabinks101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 12:22pm

Hi

Im a recent convert to islam, in my heart, i know what muslims feel about dogs..and cats...i have both.

but Allah created everything that lives on this earth, and he allows us to enjoy life, so suerly if that includes a dog as a pet, then that can not be wrong....I can not stop feeling for my pets becuase i have converted to islam...they have been with me for the best part of 8 years now...and are part of my family....

Dogs are only dirty if you allow them to be, we as muslims are expected to be clean, so, my pets will be too...i have a responsibility to any living creature, without the ability to defend its self...evil is in abundance outside islam, love grace and caring within..let us not be like those who hurt and injure Allahs creations..let us love and cherish all life that allah has put on this earth

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 10:23am

Every animal is differnet. I love them all. I volunteer at the Humane Society giving attention and helping the animals. I can see the difference as they can get very depressed being in a cage. I just shower before doing prayers. I have a strong fondness for elephants but cannot have one as a pet

All creatures are given to the earth as we are. We should treat them with respect and dignity. Just as will all living creatures. As when we kill for meet it must be done in a halal way. This includes, I believe a blessing of thanks. We are ending a life and should show appreciation in recognition of this (I believe.)

Dogs are considered filthy in Islam. Mainly because they lick their behinds are generally badly behaved. They should be avoided if at all possible.

Most dogs are not badly behaved. Only dogs rasied poorly. Most dogs will give their life for you. Cats also lick all over.... Some peple are very dirty due to poor hygeine or their work, etc.? Should we avoid them?

I did a voulnteer trip to Thailand helping out at an Elephant Nature Park, a place for rescued elephants. No way could I be pristine and clean. I was doing good to make the world better. That is why it is a blessing to have soap and water.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic