IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Salaamu Alaykum To My IC Family  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salaamu Alaykum To My IC Family

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salaamu Alaykum To My IC Family
    Posted: 20 January 2007 at 7:39am

Salaamu Alaykum,

I've learned a lot of things here and I'm so blessed to have been able to spend my extra time here over these last couple of years.  I never imagined all the things that people here would draw my attention to and catch my interest in exploring new ideas and parts of the world I didn't know about before.

And I have so much more to learn.  That's the most important thing to learn.  Old ideas need reexplored as often as our human brains will allow us to handle.  Maybe there was something I was sure about yesterday that new information will make me wake up and realize I was totally viewing it from an inaccurate perspective.

I haven't had a lot of time available lately.  If the email notification were consistent, I might be able to keep up with posts in a more meaningful, continous manner, but it's sporadic, isn't it?

Let's not fall prey to racism and bigotry.  Defining a whole people by even most of those people's action is inaccurate and I see it as one of the main reasons for pain, grief and loss in our lives on this earth.  Let's pray for each other, forgive each other, and keep trying to understand one another.  But most of all, let's stop beating the hell out of each other and be really kind.  Let's feed the hungry in mind, spirit and body.

In Shah Allah, I'll be reading your posts when I can, and posting responses as much as possible.  Sorry for dropping threads, because I know I have. 

And for those here like Ketchup for example, who are just here to spread hatred, I'm glad I said the things I did to you! 

Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic