IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Barack Obama Muslim?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Barack Obama Muslim?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 10:17am

Isn't it so that if he was the son of a Muslim, he is a Muslim as well?  And if he now is a Christian, doesn't that make him guilty of apostacy?  So even if he would win the election (I personally like him) he could lose his life.  Correct me please if I am mistaken.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
USA-NIQAABI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 11:22am

Assalamu'Alaikum Patty,

In the Quran it says that Allah(swt) will forgive you and welcome you back to Islam a second time if you are sincere and repent and change for good...But it says if you leave Islam and come back a third time than your on your own....WaAllahuAlim...if your sincerety will be accepted....or not.

He was the son of a muslim and his foster father/step father in western terms was a devout muslim. He also spent many of years of his youth in Indonesia living an Islamic lifestyle. 

In the Quran it says that everyone when their soul is placed into them in there mothers womb grow inside their mother and is born a muslim...submitting to the will of one God...Allah(Swt) the creator of all things...and than it's up to the parents to which faith they choose to raise their child.

I don't know about the lose his life situation...but I do know that he will run the risk of not being considered trustworthy and honest in his intentions depending on how he conducts himself....And if he is misrepresenting himself than Allah(swt) will never increase his Baraka and reward the actions and deeds of a man or woman that is not honest and true in their intentions.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 7:48pm
USA-NIQAABI
Groupie
Groupie
Salaam
De Gaulle said' Since a politician never believes what he says. he is always astonished when others do"

I M not a good story teller but I read this almost 50 years ago and I still remember some of it's detail as related by Dr. of ummah Muhammad  Iqbal:

During one of his journeys in Europe a fellow traveler upon finding Ibbal's background wanted to pull a fast one on him, so he asked Iqbal- why did the Middle East got all the known Prophets? wasn't God unfair to the Europeans, when they had all the smarts?

Iqbal pondered for a moment and replied thus: Why would God be unfair?
then he went on thus:
 at the time of Satan's expulsion from the divine court he was given a choice to pick his base of operation on earth, Satan chose Europe and then God decided to drop the Adam & Eve so that was ME.

As the time passed the generations of Adam & Eve man would multiply and spread all over and also get  messed up, God would assign his messengers some one in and around Middle East. The nation after nation came around and they went on with their merry ways till Muhammad's Apostleship and then He sealed it all.
The followers of Muhammad did great as long as they did his biddings, and got into trouble when they didn't.
And things were in a big mess again cuz he could feel the European powers were preparing for a big conflict in order to divvy up the world's material resources. (The WWI was coming up)

The fellow traveler was taken aback with the answer but he asked another question--
did Satan appoint any of his messengers?
And Iqbal said Oh yes,
Who was that?
Machiavelli and all his followers.
The man was totally dumbfounded
The things may not have started the way Iqbal put to the fella but it sounds pretty realistic.

Talk about being realistic, the politician's religion can't be anything but Machiavellian, he would be whatever his handlers want him to be!
So it really doesn't matter who gets to be the POTUS here, when the so called Muslim rulers of so called Muslim countries are slaughtering their own masses while under the heals of the Machiavellian princes.
A perfect example of applying the Machiavellian mindset. The people used to get emotional with Colin Powel's presidential scenarios and then what did he do acted up as a Uncle Tom! So give me a break and get off the emotion roller coaster of the politics.
BTW none of these guys are qualified to be the Princes

Patty

Senior  Member

You may remember Carlos Menem a born Muslim who converted to Catholicism in order to became president of Argentina cuz the President had to be a Roman Catholic per constitution until 1994.
What apostasy?
It is politics my dear!
If you pose him this question about the religion just think how many ways he can answer--
remember Bill Clinton's Monica hearing? that wasn't sex
Peace

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 5:57am

Assalamu'Alaikum Sign*Reader,

I respect your opinion however you are right you didn't do Br. Iqbal his do justice by the narration of the article/exerpt you read those many years ago.

Also please Give Prophet Muhammad(Pbuh) the respect he deserves by placing the (Pbuh) after his name he is the Prophet of Allah(swt) and as such deserves that respect.

You ended with: So give me a break and get off the emotion roller coaster of the politics.

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean in the context of this subject but from what I've seen in the political arena emotions are a key point to politicians making their decisions as well as the emotions of their supporters that determine the outcome of their policy and elections. You get enough hometown registered voters shouting somethings' wrong and you see a 180' turn around on what that representative is supporting and which side of the fence they are jumping too. It's just too bad that GWB is void of all emotion to be able to do a little jumping otherwise we wouldn't be in the current situations that we are now.

Lastly I would like to say that emotions play a huge roll on decisions if a politician is not honest and trustworthy or hides who he was before he got to where he is today than how can he win the respect of the people he represents?  

It's seems to be you have a very firm grasp on understanding this subject I would be interested to hear from you on if you would trust him as a politician if he reached his goal and announced that he was a muslim or if you in general just don't trust politicians at all.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 3:44pm

It doesn't matter what religious convictions this gentleman holds, as long as he is able to produce the things he promises in his campaign it doesn't matter. Why does it matter if he is Muslim? Just because one shares a religion with a specific populace doesn't make him a pious person. There are so many corrupt leaders that are Muslim it should be evidence for us to discard religion as a credit to a presidential canidate. In my idea of a perfect president it would be one who has no religious ideals simply human ideals. When one favors a specific religion he/she will have biased opinions as well as show favoritism to specific religious issues.

To me in order to sustain any kind of democratic practice the leader must be an example and have fair concern for all people.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 5:10pm

Assalamu'Alaikum,

I semi-agree with you br. Israfil.

But if someone is not honest and trustworthy how could you know if they have fair concern of all people in a democratic practice...I think GWB has proven the trust issue with all citizens here in the USA.

The reason I started this thread is to ask the question how can someone who at one point states they are muslim and than when he decides to run for public office or run for a higher postion within his public service career in later years start attending church and say that he is Christian...WaAllahuAlim... and almost pass over/greatly down play his own family history in his Bio on his personal web page than how can someone who denounces who he is/was and where he came from and how that influenced his life up until the choice of public service be trusted.

It wouldn't matter what religous beliefs if any he possesed to take office...what matters is if  he hides something as fundamental as his upbringing or just avoids talking about it to be elected than he probably won't have any qualms about with holding more that really does effect all of us in our daily lives...

Alhamdulillah I'm proud to be a muslimah and have been for 19 years and have held public positions with in our local Board of Education and with in our community and have never when speaking about who I am and of my upbringing led anyone to believe that Islam has been a part of my entire life or that I have a vast amount of knowledge. Rather I embrace the fact that my parents brought me up to be a good and moral Christian and as an adult embraced Islam after studying the Quran. I firmly believe that if someone is honest and upfront whether everyone accepts you or not they will respect you and trust you for your honesty.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 6:50am
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 3:10pm

Salaamu Alaykum,

It's hard to see inside someone's heart to know what we truly are or believe.  Is he a friend of Baptists as a liberal Muslim or what?  Let's somebody just ask him.  Oh, wait though.  If he's just politicing around then what kind of straight answer could somebody get?  Well, I'd like to see a Muslim magazine, net page, paper interview him and see if the bottom line of his faith/beliefs come out, because he seems like a great guy in many ways to me.

Allah, SWT, is Merciful and Forgiving and I guess Mr. Obama is the one who should think about those things rather than us worrying so much about his position in heaven or hell.  He seems like a person who will fight for justice for the impoverished and underpriviledged, and I like him.  The rest is up to Allah, Our Judge.

Sister Niqaab wearer,

I'm sure the brother is fine with what you said, but I know this Brother Sign*Reader loves Islaam and respects all of our beloved prophets, and your comment was just RUDE.  You're new, you didn't know, right?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic