IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question to all my Christian friends  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question to all my Christian friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 12:57am
You are drifting from logic to guesswork, BMZ.  You can't extrapolate from what is not there.

Suppose I was to make up questions about things NOT in the Qu'ran and then make up suppositions about why they were not included if God thought they were important?  Would you have a problem with that?
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 5:54am

BMZ said:

"Jesus warned about false prophets who would come under the pretext of his name and teachings."

Yes, He certainly did warn of false prophets....and he warned us to stay away from them, all of them. 

Paul DID meet Jesus on the road to Damascus, and there were witnesses with him at the time.  We agreed to that earlier.  Remember?  No one knows the mind of God, BMZ.  It would be quite presumptous to state otherwise.  As such, it's God's decision to reveal the coming of the prophet St. Paul....or not.  He chose not to reveal Paul's upcoming conversion.  So why do you make such strained attempts to "disprove" the Bible, to say, "well, St. John should have said it this way, in the first person", or, "the Gospels should have been much bigger and more lengthy than they are", etc., etc.  This is not for you to say, BMZ.  It also says in the Bible "not to add to or take away one thing from this Book".......so you need to leave it as it is.  And it is correct.  I spent the morning with my priest yesterday, who is a great scholar.  He explained many things to me which make perfect sense.  I realize you can never believe the Bible, no matter what any Christian says, because to do so would be to deny your own faith in Islam.  So what's the purpose here?  Just for discussion, I suppose.  But I think we all know we're not going to change anyone's mind.  The one thing I do not do is attempt to bring to light things in the Qu'ran which I feel are not exactly proper, true, as they should have been, etc.  Because even though I don't agree with everything in the Qu'ran, I also at the same time respect your faith and beliefs.  To make an attempt to prove the Qu'ran wrong or deficient in some ways, would be very disrespectful to your religion.  I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, my dear friend.

God's Peace to All.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic