IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question to all my Christian friends  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question to all my Christian friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question to all my Christian friends
    Posted: 31 December 2006 at 3:52am

Muslim friends are welcome too.

Everytime, I discuss the Jewish Holy Scriptures or the Christian Old Testament with my Christian friends, I am always told that the past scriptures are full of prophecies about Jesus and that is where we are supposed to look for him as he had been foretold in almost every chapter, Isaiah in particular.

Of course, when we read the Jewish Holy Scriptures, we do not find Jesus at all.

My question: Is there a single prophecy about Paul in the Jewish Holy Scriptures or the Christian Old Testament? If the NT had to have so much material and teaching from Paul who overran Jesus in teaching, there should have been some prophecies about Paul too. I  find nothing.

Eid Mubarak & a Happy New Year

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 7:07am

BMZ wrote:

> Paul who overran Jesus in teaching,

Examples?

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 7:40am

Happy New Year, Reepicheep

No answer to my question?

Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 7:45am
What is your question?  And what does the phrase "overran Jesus in teaching" mean?
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 7:52am

"What is your question?  And what does the phrase "overran Jesus in teaching" mean?"

My question: Is there a single prophecy about Paul in the Jewish Holy Scriptures or the Christian Old Testament?

The phrase "overran Jesus in teaching" means that he taught far more than what Jesus did and what Jesus did not.

Paul overshadows Jesus in the NT interms of letters, speeches and stories.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 7:58am

The reason I asked that question is:

For Paul to have spoken so much about a person and his teachings, a person whom he never met, there should have been some prophecies about Paul in the past scriptures instead of relying on his own story or testimony given in the NT.

Of course, I am not suggesting that Paul was the spirit of truth or the holy spirit or the Comforter or the advocate.

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

My question: Is there a single prophecy about Paul in the Jewish Holy Scriptures or the Christian Old Testament? If the NT had to have so much material and teaching from Paul who overran Jesus in teaching, there should have been some prophecies about Paul too. I  find nothing.

It is logical question. The Paul writings and the OT writings are both such large volumes, by right the OT should say something about him.

I am so eager to hear any opinion on this.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 1:08am
But Paul did meet Jesus. Or, more accurately, Saul met Jesus.

Why get in a fret about prophecy when there are miracles? The next question will be since the Qu'ran clearly demonstrates that miracles exist and can be performed by prophets, why didn't Muhammad do any?

DavidC

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic