IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Eid’s Prophetic Significance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eid�s Prophetic Significance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eid�s Prophetic Significance
    Posted: 31 December 2006 at 1:07am

Eid Prophetically Points to God�s Provision of a Perfect Sacrificial Lamb

Eid speaks of GOD's provision of a sacrificial ram/lamb (a substitutionary gift) in the place of Abraham's son. It was not good deeds but Abraham's faith in God's provision which justified him before God. Eid points to the necessity of Abrahamic faith in God's provision (and not our good works) in place of the death-penalty we deserve for our sins - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is..."

God is HOLY and JUST, yet loving and merciful. The ONLY way for God to be perfectly JUST in His perfect HOLINESS (i.e. sinlessness), is to punish sin in full. Yet God also LOVES sinners and wishes to show us MERCY. So how is it possible for God to show His love and mercy when we have broken His commandments - i.e. sinned - and deserve just punishment for our sins?

In fact, God is SO HOLY that no sinner can stand before Him, and all our good deeds are as filthy rags in His sight (Isaiah 64:6). And the TRUTH IS, every one of us has broken His Law - by Jesus Christ's standard of righteousness, even anger will be judged as murder, and lust as adultery (Matthew 5:17-30) - "There is NONE righteous, no, NOT ONE...For ALL have SINNED and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:10,23). How then can God show us mercy without first sentencing us to that place of separation and punishment which is called Hell? Jesus explained that there is an everlasting separation between Hell and Paradise (Luke 16:26).

The ONLY way for God to show His mercy towards us and allow a sinner to enter Paradise (i.e. His Presence) is that  God Himself must make a provision where His just punishment can be fully carried out as a ransom for sin. Just as God provided Abraham a ram/lamb to sacrifice in place of his son, God revealed to Moses that "the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, 'No one among you shall eat blood, nor any stranger who sojourns among you eat blood.'" (Leviticus 17:11-12) "For when every commandment had been spoken by Moses to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, �This is the blood of the covenant which God commanded you.� �And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission of sins." (Hebrews 9: 19-22)

The Prophet Isaiah prophesied about Messiah: "He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray...and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." (Isaiah 53:5-6)

�For the Law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.� (John 1:18) John the Baptist saw Jesus Christ and said,

"Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"

SO the Messiah Jesus Christ IS God's provision for the punishment of our sins!  "For God so loved the world that He GAVE His ONLY begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

(John 3:16) 

Going back to the significance of Eid, Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness" (Genesis 15:6; Romans 4:3,22). Abraham believed in the work of GOD to ransom or even resurrect his son. Likewise Jesus said, �This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent�And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.� (John 6:29,40)

Remember, by God�s standard of justice, every one of us is a murderer and adulterer deserving His eternal death-penalty � �For the wages of sin is DEATH,  but the GIFT of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.� (Romans 6:23).

BEWARE of facing God's judgment without accepting His ransom for the just punishment of your sins! Like Abraham, believe in GOD�s  provision for your death.  Accept Messiah as God's Lamb who suffered and died in your place, for your sins to give you everlasting life: "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does NOT believe the Son shall not see life, but the WRATH of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

You can sincerely pray like this:

"Dear God, today I turn from all my sins (name them). I believe Messiah was Your provision who shed His blood and died for my sins. I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Please forgive me, and grant me your gift of everlasting life. Amen."

Begin reading the Bible to �grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.� (2Peter 3:18) Be baptized as Jesus commanded His apostles/disciples (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:41, Romans 6:3-11), and continue �steadfastly in the apostles� teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers� (Acts 2:42) with other believers who have been similarly �born again� (John 3:3-8).

MORE TRUTH ABOUT MESSIAH:

The Bible�s Divinely inspired and multi-witness testimony of Jesus has been repeatedly attacked and discredited since the first century A.D. after Jesus� resurrection and ascension. Satan�s antichrist spirit (forewarned about in 1John 2:22-23) has caused people to call into question and disbelieve the reality of God's ONLY provision for sin through Jesus Christ�s incarnation, fulfillment of righteousness, and atoning suffering and death in which He shed His innocent blood for the sins of humankind. The virgin conception of Jesus Christ is the proof that just as God's Presence could inhabit the Tabernacle He instructed Moses to build (Exodus 40:34), God's fulness inhabited a human body in Jesus Christ (John 14:9-11; Colossians 2:9; 1:15).  ï¿½No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.� (John 1:18). This is why God twice audibly testified of Jesus "This is My beloved Son..." (Matt. 3:17,17:5; Mark 9:7; Luke 3:22,9:35), and why Jesus said "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven." (John 3:13) At the same time Jesus made numerous references to the Father being in Him and He in the Father, and His Spirit being synonymous with the Father�s (John 5:16-23, 26-27;  6:57; 8:16-19; 10:36-38; 14:1-26). Most blasphemous to the unbelieving Jewish leaders was when Jesus said, �Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM,� (John 8:58) just as God told Moses �I AM that I AM� (Exodus 3:13-14). That is why  ONLY Jesus Christ will return to be the Judge of the living and the dead. (Acts 10:42; John 5:22-23)

Edited by muslimessiah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic