IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - plz suggest me.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

plz suggest me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:51pm

Sister,

right now you still have more choice than you will have when you have children. Think about WHY does he want you abroad? Does he want to get married again and live in P on your money?

And one more concerning thing: that he is discrediting you (the "I want her to but she is not coming back" - thing. Not good.

Can you live with not being respected? (This is what I have asked myself, too.). Can you live with being accused of not planning well, because of your family, your dowry?

almostthere View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:53pm
Can you live without the romantic attention that you would like to get from your husband? Obviously he has no problem living without you, whereas you want to be with him.
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:56pm
Think about all of this. Be absolutely honest to yourself. Of course failure hurts. But be honest to yourself. Come up with an answer, and then tell him what you want. My experience is, if you are not willing to take abuse anymore (and this is what it is), if you are aware of your other alternatives, and willing to pursue them (and you are, you are strong, you can do anything you want inshallah) and give him a kind of ultimatum... this is the only way to really have a chance to CHANGE something at all in him.
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 5:59am

"Now is there any other option than divorce?Do suggest me what to do? "

I symphatize a lot with you, and as I said earlier  I do understand that you don't want a divorce, even though it pops up in the mind when reading about your marriage.

Have you tried NOT calling him and waiting for him to contact you, even if it takes weeks? That might help for him to think about really losing you. As you have realized yourself, with the mentality which you are describing, he cannot imagine your getting a divorce from him. Maybe he needs the realization that you CAN and you WILL if he doesn't come around. And after you have made that clear to him, do not call him. Wait for him to get in touch with you. I know how difficult it is, but try it. Gotta go, I'll write you more later, Assalamu-aleikum.

anam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 12:54pm
Thanks alot for giving me advice.Im unable to find anywhere any message with your problem.But i already know a number of such women who have a foreign citizenship and it is the biggest curse for them.I have become really confused due to the istakhara i have done.As i have based almost entirely my decision on istakhara.I did not got to meet him all this time as i went with istakhara.
Now im really confused that it was my bad luck that i got married to someone who was so greedy.But what are the chances that any person would marry me without greed now.Who would marry a girl of age 30 earning alot living abroad and when it is her second marriage without any greed?
   I gave him myself ultimatum on august that i will take a divorce if he does not decide.he gave no importance to it.As a result my parents talked about divorce to his family and that was when his brother said to wait a month.Now when he said that he will not come in december.My father ringed again my husbands family and said that ''you must not think that we are pressurizing your family as we will not send our daughter and will apply a divorce''Still my husband did not come.My husband has a firm belief that a woman never takes a divorce and he said in the past as well to me that ''women try to fight and do everything but as soon as the husband names a divorce they start to beg him not to do this''
   We are 4 brothers and sisters and all of us have had some extreme problems in the last 2 to 3 years.It is like everything my parents have worked so hard has gone down the drain.We are a very close family discuss everything with each other and support each other alot.I dont know it is of any importance or not but i made my mom go to someone who can tell whether there is some magic on the family.My mother does not believe in any person very easily so she went to a person who does not take any payment or any sort of thing as payment.He in front of my mom brought a paper out of nowhere and told my mom that all the problems of her children are due to magic done on her.According to him if she read somthing for 21 days all the problems would solve one by one.She hasnt started yet but this too is something strange which has come up in the last few weeks.
anam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 6:35am
I have forgot to mention one important thing and that is that after coming to norway my husband got depression and went on medication and after going back to pakistan he told me that he is perfectly healthy and used medicines sometimes.Now an year ago he told me that he is so happy that he no longer needs medication and i believed him.Though i know he is a habitual liar.Now after an year i have found out that he is still on medication and that too he told me himself that he had recently changed medicines as he was not getting well with the previous medicines.he has been on medication all along.I now after knowing this feel it a sin to leave him.I feel God will be angry with me to do so.Am i right to think in this way?
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 6:50pm

If someone is not healthy (emotionally and mentally) there is NOTHING you can do.

Ability to be happy, positive and honest are traits that are either there by adulthood or not.

Nowhere does it say that we should just live with these traits in a spouse. Where does it say that??

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
anam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 1:15pm
About 250 people have viewed my post some must have read it.Can i get anymore suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic