IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Romania Reverts Find Solace in Hajj  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Romania Reverts Find Solace in Hajj

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abuzuhri View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzuhri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Romania Reverts Find Solace in Hajj
    Posted: 06 February 2007 at 2:05am

Dear Istan Liliana,

From the plains of Romania and dusts of Makkah crowded streets, the travellers find solace around rooftop of Masjidil haram. Especially at sunset of Maghrib and the twilight of Isyak. Round and round thousand of pilgirms swirl below, some one walked slowly and blown by the wind of fortune. Oh Allah, we never dreamed one day to be at the centre of Kibla of Existence.Many hearts already arrived, tasted and flown high. With tears and happiness never imagined. We saw faces from Samarkand, Beijing, Bandung, Berlin, Hiroshima, Jaipur, Jakarta, Urumqi, Ulan Bator, Uruguay, Uttar Pradesh, Utah and names too long to remember. Yes, we met people and dervishes of Maulana Rumi, loving warmth of Konya, blue eyed beauties from Isfahan, Herat, Istanbul, Kazan and Kasghar.

So my dearest Liliana, never lose sight of this Treasure of Hajj. Once in a lifetime, a mirror for Eternity if you lost and embraced by more than two millions souls, all longing and yearning for Allah Mercy and Generosity. Labaika Allahumma, labaik. We are here, we have arrive, Oh Allah, bless our life, our struggle, our worship only for You and following the footsteps of Ibrahim and our Last Messenger of Peace. Alaihi salatu wasallam. Cai jian, parting peace and many sunlights to you Liliana.

abuzuhri shin
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 5:17am

http://onislam.net/english/news/europe/436974

Romania Reverts Find Solace in Hajj

(0 votes, average 0 out of 5)
"It's a dream come true," Brescaro.
BUCHAREST � Finding comfort in Islam after a long soul-searching, several Romanian reverts are now seeking inner peace through the spiritual hajj journey.

"For me, hajj is a spiritual experience," Istan Liliana, who embraced Islam 18 months ago, told IslamOnline.net on Monday, December 25.

"I'm already feeling the breeze of the holy city of Makkah," she added.

"I'm sure I'll find solace in such a journey to compensate me for some of the hardships I suffered after my reversion," said Liliana, whose life took a dramatic turnabout when accepting Islam.

The resident of the southeastern city of Constanta, home to 85 percent of Muslims in Romania, lost her job after donning the hijab and was abandoned by family and friends because of the new faith.

"I'm looking forward to visiting the holy lands to find the peace of heart and mind," she said.

Liliana is among 320 Romanian pilgrims, mostly young reverts, traveling to Saudi Arabia for hajj this year.

The first batch of pilgrims, the biggest hajj mission since the downfall of communism in 1989, left on Sunday, December 24.

There are some 70,000 Muslims in Romanian, mostly hailing from Turkey and Albania. They make up two percent of the country�s 22 million population.

Hajj consists of several ceremonies, which are meant to commemorate the trials of Prophet Abraham and his family.

Every able-bodied adult Muslim -- who can financially afford the trip -- must perform hajj once in their lifetime.

Hajj climaxes this year on December 31 when the faithful descend the Mount `Arafat.

Dream

Mihai Brescaro, a 21-year-old revert, sees hajj the most important event in his newly-found life.

"It's a dream come true," Brescaro, who embraced Islam two years ago, told IOL, echoing Liliana's feelings.

Brescaro, who started reading about Islam when he was studying in Belgium, is counting the days to visit the Ka`bah and perform the fifth pillar of Islam.

Some of the pilgrims have been awarded free-of-charge hajj trips after winning an annual contest organized by the International Tiba Charity in Constanta.

"Twenty youths out of 30 competitors have won hajj tickets this year," Tiba representative Kareem Anjin told IOL.

He said the question-and-answer contest was based on four books written in Romanian about the basic tenets of Islam like prayer and hajj rules.

"Tiba also given ten of the twenty free hajj packages offered by the Saudi king," Anjin said, adding that the other ten went to mosque-goers picked by the Iftaa House.

He asserted that for the first time his charity has subsidized hajj trips.

"We offer hajj trips for 1,700 euros each," Anjin said. "Twenty pilgrims applied for the subsidized trips."

The cost of hajj by plane this year in Romanian has been estimated at an average of 2,200 euros.

"We also published 1,000 copies of a 48-page hajj magazine written in Romanian to be distributed among pilgrims and mosque-goers nationwide," Anjin said.

Tiba Charity is one of the leading hajj organizers in Romania.

It successfully co-organized the International Conference on Islam in Europe in October 2005, which brought together representatives of Muslim minorities in up to 40 European countries.

The charity has translated dozens of Islamic books into Romanian and issued the first glossy magazine on Islam in Romanian, Islam Today. The magazine comes in 36 colored pages.

Edited by peacemaker - 10 October 2011 at 4:24am
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic