IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - race  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

race

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: race
    Posted: 27 December 2006 at 1:29pm
hello my question is doing my research on islam i read that you are not judged by the color of your skin is this true for all muslems. as a african american this is very important to me to now .living in the south among so called christians and babtists the people make me feel so out of place and unwanted i have become disallusoned i want to be around people who want to be around me spiritually and true friendship wise i would like find out what islam and muslums are like :aman
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 5:36am

Hi Aman,

Welcome to the forum!  Hope you would like this place.

I would move your post to correct place, " Islam for non-Muslims" section where you would, insha Allah (God willing ), get proper response.

Thank you very much for  your interest to learn about Islam and Muslims.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 8:25am

Hey! I hope you will find what your searching for in this site. As for racism in Islam and colour, it is forbidden. In Islam, we believe that we are all sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, and that there is no difference between an Arab and a non Arab and a white and a black and a red except in piety. Mohammed peace be upon him had persian companions, arab companions, Roman companions, and black companions. Islam was even the first notable idea to come and put an ending to slavery.

Allah (which means God in Arabic, and is Gods name) tells us in the Holly Quran that look the reason you have been made into different groups of peoples with different colours is:

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other.  Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well-acquainted. (The Noble Quran, 49:13)"

(note: We is a plural of respect. Islam believes in the Onness of God. Islam does not associate any partners with God whatsoever. We believe He does not begett nor is He begotten.)

Narrated Al-Ma'rur: At Ar-Rabadha I met Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I asked about the reason for it. He replied, "I abused a person by calling his mother with bad names."  The Prophet said to me, 'O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his mother with bad names You still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them.'  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 29)"

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "When the slave of anyone amongst you prepares food for him and he serves him after having sat close to (and undergoing the hardship of) heat and smoke, he should make him (the slave) sit along with him and make him eat (along with him), and if the food seems to run short, then he should spare some portion for him (from his own share) - (another narrator) Dawud said:" i. e. a morsel or two". 4097.   (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number 4096)" 

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari:  "The Prophet said, "Give food to the hungry, pay a visit to the sick and release (set free) the one in captivity (by paying his ransom).(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Food, Meals, Volume 7, Book 65, Number 286)"

Narrated Asma: "No doubt the Prophet ordered people to manumit slaves during the solar eclipse.  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Eclipses, Volume 2, Book 18, Number 163)"

If a Muslim beats his slave or slaps him on the face, then he must set him free:

"Zadhan reported that Ibn Umar called his slave and he found the marks (of beating) upon his back. He said to him: I have caused you pain. He said: No. But he (Ibn Umar) said: You are free. He then took hold of something from the earth and said: There is no reward for me even to the weight equal to it. I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who beats a slave without cognizable offence of his or slaps him, then expiation for it is that he should set him free.   (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number 4079)"

Islam brings people together five times a day in prayer. White and black, rich and poor, in the prayer with them standing shoulder to shoulder. So that the devil may not get in between one and another. Mohammed, the world's Prophet (he was not sent to the Arabs or the Jews only, he was sent for the entire humanity till the end of the world) said that do not leave gaps between you and another (in the prayer) so that the devil may not get in between you. The devil he was talking about was your race. Im white, he's black, etc. No. In other words, Islam is a practical system of ending racism. You didnt have the coice to be born white or black, American or African, so why should you be discriminated for that? Islam says this is wrong. We are all human, and are all brothers and sisters in humanity and equal..

Edited by Arab
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 9:07am

Here is a nice lecture given by Dr Zakir Naik on Universal Islamic brotherhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wARGxdaB0s&mode=related& amp;search=

(he begins talking at 17:00)

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 9:11am

This is also another good talk given by American Shaikh Hamza Yusuf about the love for humanity (its very good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjboxg6KN6o

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 12:38am
You can join us www.chatislam.com its an islamic chat with Muslim scholar there most of the time. U can ask them any questions etc and theyll be more than glad to help u sister =)
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 2:13am

In the village I grew up there were dark skin couple with 4 children. Their 4 children were albino, blond hair and green eyes. The eldest was a drunkcard who did not even pass primary school. The second oldest went to university and became an economist. When I was in the early years of high school I was just pretty average if not below average, but the 3rd albino who was in my age was even slower than me. I don't know the fourth one.

I don't reject racism because dogma. I have touch them talk and play with them. I know full well the racism base on skin colour is a bollock.

Than I read book about the reason of skin colour differences that increase my understanding, it has no connection whatsoever with the human ability to perform. But I don't know why it just keep on coming back for something that is so obvious.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic