IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - about me  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

about me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanaofallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:15pm
assalamualicum brothers and sisters the web site www.zawiyah.org is know fully infinished, Allahamdullia! so please go to it and have a look at the course of self purification, you will be able to have the whole picture of the course of self purification (tazkiyah tul nafs), fully explained of how the course works and what each stage is about.
please feel free to give your gives and if you would like more information about the course of self purification then please use the contacts button to put your queries forwards Jazzak Allah Khair!

Mukhlis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mukhlis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 11:58pm

Assalaamo Alaikum

This morning I thought I should meet some Muslims who have introduced themselves in this topic "Introduction: Who am I ?"

I find a battle raging here.

Brother Fanaofallah, pls kindly explain the meaning of your pen name. I learnt Qur�anic Arabic, grammar and construction of words from root, construction of sentences etc. I have not been to your site the angle "Zawiah.com" � I will inshaaAllah do that, but your mail does speak much about your ideas.

There is a group of Muslims who respect, then follow, then glorify then deify - helpers ( Awlia). Qur�an sometimes praises those who helped in propagation of Islam as awlia & at most other iit says that no �helper� can intervene between man and his God as far as judgement of his deeds are concerned. So this is some thing like a two egded sword. It cuts both ways.

Then there are Sufiis. The way of the heart. Nothing is defined.

And we also have the main stream Islam � as presented in Qur�an � a balance between fancy ( words words & words) and concrete actions with good intent judged for that time and place.

Brother Suleiman � you wanted to ask this ( can we eat Tazkiah ?). Brother, you got angry with sister Nausheen. Come back to NTP ( normal temperature & pressure), in Science and Technology we refer it to an atmospheric pressure at sea level - One Bar - and a temp of 15 deg Celcius � isn�t it cool ? Sister should not have said to disregard your comment or for that matter anyone else�s comment. We have to say what we believe. I had an earlier clash that lasted exactly one evening. Because she is a good person, overall.

Tazkiatunnafs. I will just give quick meaning.

Tazkiah means purification

Nafs as we know is self, a person, his body/soul, mind, ideas, ego etc.

Purification as we know is to get rid of undesired elements, dirt, filth, evil. As a result we will be left ( or would have acquired) the desirable qualities � traits, clean.

After we cut through the jugglery of words, we come to one simple question. Do�s & Dont�s. Thus far we have no problem. Every one agrees. Then comes what is good quality ? (and its opposite will be bad ).

In my reckoning:

Honesty, Fairness, equality ( this counters your selfishness), Humility, ( this counters your ego), kindness, forgiveness, charity ( this is Godliness). Apply these principles and one can not go wrong � in fact there is no clash with any upright man in this world no matter what label of religion he wears. We do this in submission to Allah and that is why we are submitters ( Muslims).

Try the ritualistic acts of the Prophet or Khulfai Raashidiin ( Those in the past who were rightly guided), or Imams or Walis, or the "Ulema" of centuries after the Prophet � you are a repeater. Repeating actions without a clue of what, why & wherefore ? Monkeys do it by nature. Their ( Prophet & Khalifa � khulfa, pl) acts for that time & place were "perfect". The principles & underlined intention is unassailable. This is not by "belief" but by reading and analyzing in context of "time & place".

This is what I think my brothers & sister. I could be mistaken. But I have to use the tool (intellect) Allah has given and chastised so often in The Qur�an to use it.

May Allah show us light.

Mukhlis

(PS. Anyone who wishes to discuss this further, pls start a new topic)

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Mukhlis Mukhlis wrote:

Assalaamo Alaikum

Brother Suleiman � you wanted to ask this ( can we eat Tazkiah ?). Brother, you got angry with sister Nausheen. Come back to NTP ( normal temperature & pressure), in Science and Technology we refer it to an atmospheric pressure at sea level - One Bar - and a temp of 15 deg Celcius � isn�t it cool ? Sister should not have said to disregard your comment or for that matter anyone else�s comment. We have to say what we believe. I had an earlier clash that lasted exactly one evening. Because she is a good person, overall.

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Brother,the words i have said were including figurative meanings,it was just an different type of message to a user! who was accusing me as an irrational and so theoretical without knowing anything about me...in brother Suleyman's heart there is no place to a dark point(grudge) to anyone;i have no chance of being upset with anyone,may be my weakness;the only problem is about my english level who does not reflect me to the board and i don't want to be reflected or being understood from after that point who was knowing me well(?) and sold to one or three words without knowing anything about me;if someone! is valuing me in these conditions then all i can say is they are chewing my rights and breaking my heart,i love everyone and will insh'Allah survive;all i need is to be valued by Allah,this is enough;i promised myself giving to no one a full worth! if he/she has no power to carry and will waste my good intentions putting me in an position as an stupid...some of my words can't be understood from everyone because my experiences on the holy Qur'an is different than the others...i wish i could be an regular muslim;...Wa Salaam...

Edited by Suleyman
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 5:34pm

Assalam-alaikum

May Allah guide us all to the right path, Ameen! AlhamdulIllah I read the Quran and the hadith mainly from Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari (the most authentic sources) and Allah has made Islam for us easy to follow. I do not understand these new terms "tazkiya" etc. I have not come across this term or RasulAllah doing/teaching "tazkiya". Can someone who knows this enlighten me through authentic sources only. The following hadith may be of benefit to readers:

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 44:

Narrated Talha bin 'Ubaidullah:

A man from Najd with unkempt hair came to Allah's Apostle and we heard his loud voice but could not understand what he was saying, till he came near and then we came to know that he was asking about Islam. Allah's Apostle said, "You have to offer prayers perfectly five times in a day and night (24 hours)." The man asked, "Is there any more (praying)?" Allah's Apostle replied, "No, but if you want to offer the Nawafil prayers (you can)." Allah's Apostle further said to him: "You have to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan." The man asked, "Is there any more fasting?" Allah's Apostle replied, "No, but if you want to observe the Nawafil fasts (you can.)" Then Allah's Apostle further said to him, "You have to pay the Zakat (obligatory charity)." The man asked, "Is there any thing other than the Zakat for me to pay?" Allah's Apostle replied, "No, unless you want to give alms of your own." And then that man retreated saying, "By Allah! I will neither do less nor more than this." Allah's Apostle said, "If what he said is true, then he will be successful (i.e. he will be granted Paradise)."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 98:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I said: "O Allah's Apostle! Who will be the luckiest person, who will gain your intercession on the Day of Resurrection?" Allah's Apostle said: O Abu Huraira! "I have thought that none will ask me about it before you as I know your longing for the (learning of) Hadiths. The luckiest person who will have my intercession on the Day of Resurrection will be the one who said sincerely from the bottom of his heart "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah."

And 'Umar bin 'Abdul 'Aziz wrote to Abu Bakr bin Hazm, "Look for the knowledge of Hadith and get it written, as I am afraid that religious knowledge will vanish and the religious learned men will pass away (die). Do not accept anything save the Hadiths of the Prophet. Circulate knowledge and teach the ignorant, for knowledge does not vanish except when it is kept secretly (to oneself)."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 100:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al' As:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Allah does not take away the knowledge, by taking it away from (the hearts of) the people, but takes it away by the death of the religious learned men till when none of the (religious learned men) remains, people will take as their leaders ignorant persons who when consulted will give their verdict without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead the people astray."

fanaofallah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanaofallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 9:11am

assalamualicum brother or sister if you can kindly go to the site www.zawiyah.org and then use the contacts button to ask this question which you have asked here, inshaallah you will be given full lenghty answer from evidences from the quran and the sunnah (hadith) as to what the term 'tazikyah' means and why is it so imortant not only that what the past scholors of islam said about it like the likes of imam ghazali (r.a). as it will notbe approiate to give you the answer here because i am shot of time.

jazzak allah

Dr Edriss View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Edriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 10:27pm

Assalam alaykom wa rahmat Allah,

Edriss is glad meeting you brothers and sisters here :).

I was on Islam.org main website and I clicked on a topic to find myself here. when I opened this topic, I find out that I must correct something the brother said if Allah wants.

tazkiat in arabic doesn't mean purification! tazkiat comes from the arabic verb zakkaa from where comes the zakat that we all suppose to do as a muslims. the meaning of the verb is growing and raising things! the verb who comes from Rebaa is similar in the arabic language to this verb zakkaa. but in Fekh, Rebaa gonna discribe a negative way of raising your money and zakaat gonna discribe a positive way of doing it(do not ask me how? cause it will take us hours of explaination on how this things work following Allah's rules). and this sign of Quran may help, I will write it as it is in arabic and later give a brief translation.

Allah said after Aoudu Bellah Mina ashaytan arrajeem "yamhaku Allah Arrebaa, wa you_rbee Assadakat"   in english the meaning close to this "Allah destroy the Rebaa and raise the charities"

as you may already understood, you_rbee assadakat is raise the charities which also means zakat because zakat is a charity who must be done if you meet the requirements of it.

brother fanaXXXXXX, may Allah bless your heart? your username is false and you should change it. the right expression is fana_o_Allah which is a shotcut to this expression "I'm" fana_O_Allah. fana means passing from existance to the not existance. we all humanbeing gonna pass from existance to not existance when we die. but Allah doesn't die and he is Assamad(read the third surah before the last one of the Quran). you copied the expression without understanding it well and you use it completly wrong in your usernam. fana of XXXX  means you accord the fana to Allah, completly wrong. change it to it's original way fana_O_Allah or fanaoAllah? may Allah forgives you and forgives us whenever we do this kind of mistakes?Ameen

another thing my brother if you don't mind! you should not ask people to go to that website that you like and discuss there! that's called you betray the trust of Islam.org in you for giving you the right to come to this discussion board. let's me put it clear for you here so you won't missunderstand me? YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE COMMERCIAL TO YOUR WEBSITE BUT NOT TO TELL PEOPLE TO LEAVE DISCUSSING HERE AND GO DISCUSS THERE? from the discipline of Islam and the raising of the soul, you have to try to not harm directly or indirectly someone who gave you a favore(like Islam.org is just giving us favor to be here).

you can go to that website and ask later come back tell us here! and we will always be thankful to you and your effort.

I put in your attention here: I'm not related to Islam.org by anyway. I just saw some wrong things done in reading this topic and I put an effort to try to correct it. May Allah helps us to understand our mistakes and correct them? the Prophet said salla Allah alaihe wa sallam "you all, do mistakes and the best of those who do mistakes, those who repent"

Assalam Alaikom

fanaofallah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanaofallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:52am

NO BROTHER THE ARABIC TERMONOLOGIE IS FANA - FIL - LLAH  i have said what it means on one of the replies of what it means and who uses it and why most people do not know what it means.

and another thing tazkiyah is purification as allah (swt) said in sura as shams to the nearest meaning "successful are those who have purified themselves" please read hte article the importance of tazkiyah if you want more proofs from quran and hadiths then let me know

another thing brother i am not trying to misuse the forums inany way all i am trying to do is make people aware that there is a course which is avaliable to do which if done can purifiy people. i am doing this cousre and benefiting from it imenselly and thought i might share it with other brothers and sisters.as the prophet (sallahualihiwasallam) has said in one hadith to the nearest meaning that "when you give something in charity then give something which is dear to you which you love not that which you hate"  the other this site is not mine or anyone's it is the site of the brothers who run this course which is free when i refered people to this site all i wanted to do was to give an oppurtinuty for people to get the answers from the people themselves (from the source), as they wanted to know what is tazkiyah etc... i thought these people who run this course will know more about tazkiyah and purification than other people as they run it and have done research as to what it is. 

but i see that people dont want this sort of 'gifts' and 'solutions'

wasallam

Dr Edriss View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Edriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 2:44pm

fana fee Allah translated to Fana In Allah and not of Allah. tazkiat is not purification and whoever translated that to you as a purification needs help like you my brother. purification is Tahara. I wish you pick up  a dictionary in arabic instead of argueing on my native language? may Allah make us from the people who listen to the talk and follow the best of it? Ameen

when you ask people to go and ask questions and get answears in an other website, indirectly it means they have to leave the discussion here and go discuss whatever you thing is better in the other website. I don't think you can find somebody who doesn't understand you are trying to bring a traffic to that website on the expensive of this one. that's why the smart people made comercials paid on their websites. you have to be very thanksful for the moderator of this Board. cause he doesn't mind or doesn't even read what you say here.

when somebody try to help you, think carefully about what he said? do not act lunatic and just back whatever you said because you said it.

the pride my brother, is the main reason why satan end it where he is now.

may Allah bless your heart? I did my best to help! I'm not interesting to any argueing... the other website yours or not, it makes no sense to me because there is no way to know from here, what kind of relationship between you and that website.

salam alaikom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic