IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nose piercing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nose piercing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 6:17pm

Ally, let me hazard a guess that you are ("ur") quite young.  To paraphrase George Bernard Shaw: youth is a wonderful thing, but what a pity to waste it on the young.

Please, listen to the voice of experience -- not my voice (as I said, why should you believe me?), but the voice of whatever experienced person you trust.  Your parents, your teachers, your clergy, whoever you like.  I'm confident that they will all say what I am saying -- not because there is some evil geriatric conspiracy, but because life does teach some important lessons.  If you're lucky enough to live that long, you will learn them too.

You say that people should not judge your character by your appearance.  I have two answers to that.  First of all, can you honestly say that you don't judge people that way yourself?  Are you attracted to others (or not) by the way they look?  Don't you pay careful attention to your own appearance, precisely to create an image that conveys your character?  Don't you expect others to notice and respond accordingly?

My second response is that even if they shouldn't judge you that way, the fact is that they will.  You can accept that reality and deal with it, or you can ignore it at your peril.  Show up at a job interview with torn clothes, or uncombed hair, or a nose piercing -- then assure them that your appearance does not reflect your character, and see how far that gets you.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 9:06am
Originally posted by devil-slayer devil-slayer wrote:

sana look to help you cause this guy talks alot lool sorry no offence meant at all.... its not 7aram nor forbiden but its (( makroh )) ( hated ) because its has been known for canibals to wear pierces in their nose and its also gonna hurt alot believe me my friend had it befor she actually said (( i`de rather be in hell )) hahahaha  but anyways ,, also its kinda hated because its dirty for the nose it will keep in stuff that needs to be cleand   besides what is it gona make you gain (( friends )) sorry but no

"Devil-Slayer" :

First of all, Markruh does not mean "hated" ! And please refer to a source when you say it is Makruh.
Also, people may "kinda hate" it, but there is no daleel to say its Haraam. And wearing a nose piercing does not interfere with the cleanliness of the nose, and does not make it dirty. The cannibal e.g also doesnt make sense to me.

SeeksHidayath has quoted Saheeh Ahadith, and that is therefore more reliable.

And ear/nose piercings are different from other body piercings . . . in many eastern countries ear/nose piercings are a norm, and so are not done for "coolness" . I do not think that Sana wants a nose piercing to impress ppl or be cool . . .cz otherwise she would  already have gotten one, and wouldnt have cared what Islam had to say about it. I'd say its just a harmless wish.

Btw, ear/nose piercings do not hurt at all. For the majority anyway. And just to clarify, I'm not defending nose piercings bcz I myself have one, because I dont.

Caution: Sana, if you do want one, want you to know that if you're not careful and dont go to a proper piercer with hygenic tools, you can get an infection. Also some people have sensitive skin, and piercings dont work for them. I had a friend who had piercing swell up . . . some are also allergic to certain metals (for the nose-pic) But all others were ok.

Also, if the nose-pin is not worn for some time, the piercing can close up.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:23am

I had a nose piercing done about 6 years back. It wasn't painful. As Chrysalis said, many have them done in places like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh etc.

It is a cultural thing really.

If the piercing is kept clean it is no different to cleaning any other part of the body.

I like mine :D

This might make some laugh. I waited until I was technically an adult (18) before I had my ears pierced, as I knew my father would not allow me as a minor :) He was not impressed I can tell you when I had my ears done.
As for my nose piercing I was well and truly an ageing adult when I had it done. :D

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I had a nose piercing done about 6 years back. It wasn't painful. As Chrysalis said, many have them done in places like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh etc.

And many don't even go to professionals ! Confused. Our maid once decided to pierce her nose, she took a needle, heated it and pierced her nose Shocked. Needless to say her nose swelled up & she had an infection.

It is a cultural thing really.

I

This might make some laugh. I waited until I was technically an adult (18) before I had my ears pierced, as I knew my father would not allow me as a minor :) He was not impressed I can tell you when I had my ears done.
As for my nose piercing I was well and truly an ageing adult when I had it done. :D 

Got my ears pierced when I was 6 !

Heheh, true - its a cultural thing. I believe "piercings" are considered hardcore in the west ? In many countries (the the subcontinent) they are no big deal - especially nose/ear piercings. Girls as young as 4 have thier ears pierced, doesn't hurt at all. (like a pin prick maybe). However in these parts any piercing apart from nose/ears is simply considered weird & deviant. Smile

Edited by Chrysalis - 04 March 2010 at 10:49am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 11:01am
Hmm..you are right...some piercings are done in the weirdest of places.

I love the 'real' 22c gold 'nosey pins'. Actually wear them all the time in preference to neck/ wrist jewellary.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 11:38am
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2073&CATE=97

That's the Hanafi fiqh link to a similar question.

It looks like there's no problem with piercing the nose - but my question is, is it okay to wear something in the hole outside the house? Would that be considered adornment?
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 11:49am
Originally posted by UmmFatima UmmFatima wrote:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2073&CATE=97

That's the Hanafi fiqh link to a similar question.

It looks like there's no problem with piercing the nose - but my question is, is it okay to wear something in the hole outside the house? Would that be considered adornment?

Well, from what I have gathered so far - women are allowed to wear "normal" or basic jewelery like rings etc in front of nonmahram, as long as they are not ostentatious or too attention-drawing. Infact I have heard of a hadith in which Prophet Muhammad told a woman to wear a ring or put henna so her hand would look feminine -  because he mistook it as a man's hand while taking "bait" (allegiance) (she was behind a screen). (Prophet would not touch womens' hands when taking allegiance - cz of hijab)  . . . .{i do not recall source of hadith, if someone remembers, pls add}

So a nose-pin would be okay I guess - esp cz if you don't keep wearing it, the piercing closes up - and as long as it is small and un-ostentatious.

Here is a fatwa on females wearing jewlery during Ihram. If it is okay in Ihram, I conclude that its also okay on normal days:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar&cid=1190886456418

Another fatwa on "Piercings". Summary: Ear/Nose piercings for women are okay - other bodily piercings are not:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar&cid=1190886456418

Specifically about women piercing ears:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1122819224976&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar

Edited by Chrysalis - 04 March 2010 at 11:57am
Mishal🖤 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishal🖤 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2018 at 12:10pm
Sana I’m 13 and a Muslim it is allowed but people will judge you for piercing your nose. I have pierced my nose and so I know what it’s like.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic