IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nose piercing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nose piercing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sana_Atwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nose piercing
    Posted: 20 December 2006 at 6:41am

Hi!

I'm a thirteen year old girl and i live in Sweden but my origins is in Egypt/Belguim... I was wondering if it is allowed to pierce you're nose in Islam.. I really wanted to ask first the people for advice before I ask permission from my parents :)...

Thank you...

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 11:20pm

As'salamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Sana pls go thru this fatwa and it may clear your doubt

With regard to piercing the ears of females, there is a difference of scholarly opinion on the ruling. The Hanafis and Hanbalis are of the view that this is permissible. The Shaafa�is are of the view that it is not allowed, and Ibn al-Jawzi and Ibn �Aqeel, who were Hanbalis, agreed with them. They did not quote any texts as evidence that it is not allowed, rather they said that it causes pain, and that wearing adornment in the ear is not essential, and is not so important as to allow causing pain to the female for this purpose. 

The one who studies the texts of the Prophet�s Sunnah and the lives of the female Sahabaah (may Allaah be pleased with them) will see that the more correct view is the former, which is that it is permissible. The texts which indicate that include the following: 

1 � It was narrated that Ibn �Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out and prayed, then he delivered a khutbah � and he did not mention any adhaan or iqaamah � then he went to the women and exhorted and reminded them, and told them to give charity, and I saw them taking off their earrings and necklaces and giving them to Bilaal, then he and Bilaal went back to his house.  

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4951) and Muslim (884). 

According to another report narrated by them both: 

They started throwing their earrings and necklaces.

2 � It was narrated that �Aa�ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: Eleven women sat and promised one another that they would not conceal anything about their husbands � the eleventh one said: My husband is Abu Zar� and what (can I say about) Abu Zar�? He has given me many ornaments and my ears are heavily loaded with them. � �Aa�ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: I am to you as Abu Zar� was to Umm Zar�. 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4893) and Muslim (2448). 

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of what Abu Zar� did by filling the ears of Umm Zar� with jewellery until they became heavy. 

With regard to piercing the ears at the top, it seems that it makes no difference whether they are pierced at the bottom or at the top, depending on whether this is customary in a woman�s environment. We should note that it is not permissible for a woman to show the jewellery that she is wearing on her hand, ear or neck. 

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-�Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about piercing a girls� nose or ear for the sake of beautification. 

He replied: 

The correct view is that there is nothing wrong with piercing the ear, because one of the aims that is achieved by that is wearing permissible jewellery. It is known that the women of the Sahaabah had earrings that they wore in their ears. The pain is light, and if the piercing is done when the girl is small, it heals quickly. 

With regard to piercing the nose, I do not remember that the scholars said anything about it, but it is a kind of mutilation and deforming of the appearance as we see it, but perhaps others do not see it that way. If a woman is in a country where putting jewellery in the nose is seen as a kind of adornment and beautification, there is nothing wrong with piercing the nose.

Majmoo� Fataawa Ibn �Uthaymeen (11/ question no. 69). 

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said: 

There is nothing wrong with piercing the ears of a girl in order to put jewellery in her ears. This is still done by many people, and even at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) women used to wear jewellery in their ears and elsewhere without being rebuked for it. 

With regard to it hurting the girl, the purpose of it is in her interests, because she needs jewellery, and to adorn herself. Piercing the ears serves a permissible purpose and is allowed because of need. Just as it is permissible to carry out surgery and cauterize her if that is needed on medical grounds, it is also permissible to pierce her ear in order to put jewellery in it, because it is something that she needs, and it is something that does not hurt very much, and does not have a great effect on her. 

Fataawa al-Shaykh al-Fawzaan (3/324). 

And Allaah knows best.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
devil-slayer View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devil-slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 2:28am

sana look to help you cause this guy talks alot lool sorry no offence meant at all.... its not 7aram nor forbiden but its (( makroh )) ( hated ) because its has been known for canibals to wear pierces in their nose and its also gonna hurt alot believe me my friend had it befor she actually said (( i`de rather be in hell )) hahahaha  but anyways ,, also its kinda hated because its dirty for the nose it will keep in stuff that needs to be cleand   besides what is it gona make you gain (( friends )) sorry but no

Manue_Muslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manue_Muslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 10:19am
What about tatoos? are tatoo aloud? I asked my friend, but her answer was too complicated. She said i was aloud only on my back.
devil-slayer View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devil-slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 10:26am
to manue :::  tatoos are wrong anywhere even if you use it on eye lines ... its wrong god forbid it with no question at all and he damnd all people with tatoos no deference between woman and man   .. doesnt matter  where it is put ..  so i`m sorry i`m sure you really wanted that tatoo i was tempted to have one even though i knew it was wrong but i stoped myself
ally View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 4:48am

devil slayer can i just say i agree with what you said about tattoos but not about nose piercing..

i have my nose pierced and several ear piercings and they didnt hurt... people have different pain thresholds but most people can tolerate the pain of a piercing...

also how is it dirty for the nose and how does it keep stuff in the nose???

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 1:47pm

Sana, I am not a Muslim so I won't say anything about religion.  Anyway, this isn't really about religion, is it?  Like any other fashion choice, this is about how others see you, what they will think of you, and the kind of friends you want to have.

If you pierce your nose, you know that certain kinds of people will find you more attractive and will admire you more (if only for your courage); and other kinds of people will find your piercing repulsive and will question your character.  I'm sorry if you think the latter is unfair, but it is a fact.  By choosing to pierce your nose, you are choosing to identify yourself with the kind of people who pierce their nose.  Others know this, and they will judge you accordingly.

It may be that the nose-pierced crowd would be more fun to hang around with right now, in your teens; but ask yourself: whose respect and admiration would you rather have in the long run?

Sure, you can remove the piercing when you are an adult, but it isn't that simple.  The kinds of friends you make now, the experiences you share with them, the habits and attitudes you learn, the way they talk, all these things will become part of you.  They cannot be removed as easily as the nose ring, and they will influence the rest of your life.

I hope you will talk to your parents about this, not just "ask permission".  And I hope you will listen, really listen, to what they have to say.  You don't know me and there is no reason you should believe what I say, but I hope you will believe them.  Experience really is a valuable teacher.

ally View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 5:31am

can i say one thing...

its just a piercing and if u would like to get it done and ur parents allow that then do it. because it doesnt define who you are as a person. nothing as superficial as that does and those who judge your character on how you look have very very poor judgement indeed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic