IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help
    Posted: 14 December 2006 at 10:49pm

I have been a Muslim for about 5  months now.  I am good at avoiding pork.  I am also fairly good at taking time to read God's Quran and reflect on its teaching.

However, I live in an area with very few to no Muslims and need some moral support.  Has anyone else been in my situation and how did you deal with it?

Also, I miss my prayers often.  How do remember when to stop and pray without forgetting?

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 11:18pm

Assalaamualaikum

Put an alarm/reminder for prayer times.

I suggest you keep listening to good audio tapes too (along with reading). Makes a difference when you "hear" a human sound!  Listen to Dr. Bilal Philips, Anwar Awlaki.

Yes you need good friends and Insha Allah you will find them. Make lots of dua. Remember Allah is sufficient as Helper.

May Allah keep you (and us) steadfast.

Wassalaam.

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 9:58pm

Assalaamualaikum,

One, of the many sites, you can benefit from insha Allah...

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.php?section=scholarlesson s&scholar_id=1

wassalaam

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
USA-NIQAABI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 7:48am

Assalamu'Alaikum,

I've been in your situation before many years ago as a new muslimah in rural southern California desert area.

Our town was very small mostly migrant workers there was an airforce base close so although there was on base housing we had reserve families in our neighborhood.

We lived there for 9 years and it was almost 6 years before the area started to grow and than before we moved to Michigan we just started seeing more muslim br's and sr's around town. So yes I know how tough that can be.

I would suggest utilizing more of your online resources for added support. Not only are there many good sites to help new muslimahs like yourself but also sr's  only groups...try going to yahoo groups and type in muslim women or sisters or new muslimahs in the search box and Insha'Allah you'll find many groups.

Also you have this site here.

Another good source more for socializing is muslimspace.com. Although it is mixed in company so you might want to put a little blurb on your the page that it's intended for sisters only.

Hang in there it's always tough when everything is new and there's not too many people around you practicing the same way of life...

Remember what is truly important to you and ask Allah(swt) for guidance he will never abandon the believers.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic