IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - girl from the U.S. vs. boy from Back Home  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

girl from the U.S. vs. boy from Back Home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:36pm

Assalamu-aleikum Abeer 23,

Life is sunny on some days and rainy on others. On rainy days I do feel that I am just staying with him to keep some influence on the kids. He has the islamic legal custody, and the thought that he and his family alone raises our children just terrifies me, considering how all of them have been raised...

Yes, you are absolutely right that children witness us, and we should absolutely pull ourselves together and life with each other in an at least civilized manner. I wish we would live in a loving manner, but my husband claims that he loves me, but I am not able to see it. In any case I do not feel treated in a loving or respectful manner.

It is actually scary how MUCH they perceive, our older daughter wouldn't sleep last night without both of us holding her hand. Which is why it makes me even more furious that he is so willing to just up and go, leave our younger daughter and me and run away with the older one. If he loves her so much, why would he want to separate her from her mother and sister? At least I do give him a lot of credit for caring so much for our children, and loving them so much, that one of the reasons that do make me endure so much is for the sake of our children.

And also, I do think I love him, but I have to admit feeling as unloved as I do, my feelings for him have begun to change. And for sure I do not respect him as much anymore, which of course he feels and which contributes to the vicious circle.

Thank you all for listening/reading and caring,

Salaam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic