IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ann Coulter: Slander or Accurate?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ann Coulter: Slander or Accurate?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 8:44am
Servetus (unsic), Hannan (not so sure)

No madrassas for me. I bought one in my college days and the colors ran.

Serv, I have reviewed your earlier comments and find they were, in fact, coherent. I stand corrected. I advise caution, however, should Hannan ever invite you for a hay ride down at the farm. If you do go, though, I would like some polaroids....

Edited by ejdavid
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 9:26am
Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 9:47am

Thank you for the review of at least my part, EJDavid.

You will have noticed that that is what we tend to do on this board with particularly �effective� satirists -we satirize back.  It�s one of the few arrows in our quiver.  And sometimes we do wield our weapons disproportionately, or even awkwardly, in a demonstration of our own version of shock and awe.  But unlike any given Machiavelli on crack who trains battalions of (inorganic) suicide bombers (disguised as artillery-fired cluster munitions) to target civilians and places nukes upon the moon, we do violence primarily to pretense and then to ontology.  Again, though, you will have noticed this because you, yourself, are fully capable of wielding wit as a weapon and thus are able to join us in the arena, but far, far, from Tijuana.

Best regards,

Serv

ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 12:51pm
Serv - Nice to hear from a coherent (more or less) satirist. A couple of things of note. First, we do not target civilians for a number or reasons, not the least of which is it is a waste of good munitions that are better put to use in other ways.

Second, the only reason I can think to plant nukes on the moon is to defend against lunatics. However, Hannan is not on the moon, whatever she might actually believe. The best defense against her, I believe, is a pair of wool clippers. No cluster bombs required.

I believe the islamists target civilians for a couple of reasons. First, they seem to really enjoy it, even if it kills them. Second, they are not able to kill as many combatants as they would like, and so what the heck, a dead body is a dead body: let Allah sort them out!
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 9:00pm

EJDavid,

You wrote:
Nice to hear from a coherent (more or less) satirist.

Thanks.  That would, of course, be more.

Quote:
� First, we [Americans] do not target civilians for a number of reasons �

But then again, for a number of other reasons, we evidently and reportedly do.

Quote:
� the only reason I can think to plant nukes on the moon is to defend against lunatics.

That was a good one! 

Quote:
However, Hannan is not on the moon, whatever she might actually believe. The best defense [sic] against her, I believe, is a pair of wool clippers. No cluster bombs required.

Allow me to point out that Hanan is not the aggressor in this case.  She neither wrote nor provided a link to an article that, among other things, summarily calumniates Ann Coulter�s religion.  Hanan and others (Muslims) are the hosts, you and I (and other non-Muslims) are the guests.  Capisce?    

Quote:
I believe the islamists target civilians for a couple of reasons. First, they seem to really enjoy it, even if it kills them.

If you really must insist upon swimming in the Institute for Advanced Strategic & Political Studies so-called think tank (or one of its many tributaries), you might first consider using a neo-condom (thanks for the term, Gore Vidal).  I am not sure, of course, but, in the future, you could find that it saved not only your intellectual but also your ethical life.

Quote:
Second, they are not able to kill as many combatants as they would like, and so what the heck, a dead body is a dead body: let Allah sort them out!

So seems to say Imam John Hagee, one of the oft-quoted spokesmen for the American Hezbullah, or Party of God, when he lifts his languid eyelids toward Blida and other border towns of Lebanon and proclaims, to the applause of, among others, President Bush and Elliot Abrams, that �God�s foreign policy is ��

Serv 

Edited by Servetus
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:14am

New thread (discussion spin-off):

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7800& ;PN=1

Serv

Edited by Servetus
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

Hannan, Andalus, Servitus: I am a better Muslim scholar then all three of you combined. It took me about 90 seconds to answer my own question with google regarding Muslim no. 6985 ["... The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews..."]

URL for SaB (2005) [http://www.americanthinker.com/2006/07/dialogue_with_a_saudi_muslim_6.html]

"We interpret these sayings in the light of Islamic teachings about what the Qur'an refers to as 'People of the Book,' i.e., Jews and Christians. Islam never advocated their indiscriminate killing; in fact, Islam specifically permits Muslims to eat their food and marry their women. (Qur'an, 5:5) ... Those ahadith quoted above are generally understood to be about particular, specific Jews who commit acts of aggression against Muslims."

I would say that you have a few obstacles that would prevent you from being a scholar. 1) Your critical thinking skills are lacking a great deal 2) your self assumed scholarly ability still did not conjure up an actual explanation. 3) if you have a real issue to discuss, then simply state your ideas instead of presenting a cheap site with an impression of a false intention of wanting to learn. 4) the hadith is a prophecy that will take place during a time of war between Jews and Muslims.

The Palestinian Authority and many other Muslims use these hadith to incite violence against Israel and Jews in general.

Israelis use the Hebrew Scriptures to justify the acts of crime they have perpetuated on the reigonal Arabs, including the destruction of many Arab villages that had existed for centuries before racist Christians gave their land away to racist white Jewish zionists. I do not hear or read how you or Ann coutler moans about that?

You want to complain that a group of brutalized people who have been kicked around for nearly 50 years and have nearly nothing but poverty, dirt, and hunger, misuses a hadith against a group of racists who are responsible for their misery?

Accordingly, Ann Coulter is entirely justified in citing them as evidence of Muslim intolerance. And the three of you seem unaware of the true meaning of these verses and jabber incoherently.

I knew what the meaning and context was. It is obvious that you, even after your scholarly, "cursory" research of 90 seconds still remains ignorant. Keep in mind I am not here to respond to Ann Coulter. She has absolutely no credibility.

If you want to know about a Hadith, for a particualr reason, then I am sure you will find many who will discuss it. If you want to find the answer to something written by an intellectually bankrupt neocon, then you are on your own, as it would be a waste of time.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 11:25am
Andalus, Serv, Hanna et. al

My original post was a simple test that was failed by everyone who responded. Specifically, not one person originally responded with any discussion at all of the hadith in question. To this day Hannan has offered little more then juvenile "your mother wears combat boots" type responses. Does she actually believe an Coulter's 'Adams Apple' is relevant to Islamic Hadith?

Further, my discussion has nothing to do with Jewish Scripture and Israeli behavior to the Palestinians. And I doubt anyone on this thread is even remotely aware of my harsh discussions eslewhere regarding the Talmud, among other Jewish religious documentations.

However, this fact remains: Arab and Jewish Semites are intractibly hostile to one another. I do not believe this will ever change. Accordingly, any changes in the political landscape will be determined on the military battlefield, as has generally been the case between Semites of all types, in all times and places, with a brief exception during The Prophets Day.

As I have noted elsewhere, I believe a 'small' nuclear war between peoples in the ME would provide a temporary respite from the world's endemic Semite Problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic