IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wanting to convert - now what?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanting to convert - now what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oregonbagpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanting to convert - now what?
    Posted: 01 December 2006 at 9:13am
My wife has given me 'permission' to follow the religion of my own choosing.  I have been a pretty devout Catholic, but I've been questioning the existence of the Trinity as an understanding of God, and the expanse and nature of God. 

I have been blessed with two wonderful 'visions' - sacred dreams whose character and nature were decidedly different.  Email me if you want the details.  Suffice it to say that these experiences have been guiding me toward Islam, despite my best efforts at squashing the idea of conversion.

I have many questions about my ability to live everything - all the Sunnah, life according to all the Hadith, etc., but the Quran to me is holy and perfect as a religious book sent down from God to man as clear guidance.

Should I convert at my local masjid or online at islamicity.com over the phone, or what?  Any ideas?

I am reluctant to convert at the masjid because I don't want to be the center of attention. 

One thing I'll have to do is to adjust my working hours to accomodate Jumma prayers at the local masjid (a 10 minute drive from my workplace)

So what are the community thoughts on this?

Peace and Blessings to all,

David
Salih88 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salih88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 9:41am

Greetings,

Its not a problem for someone to become Muslim at the masjid. It is good to do it at the masjid because you will meet a lot of Muslims and they will most likely be welcome to ablige. I don't know the people but if you talk to the Imaam or someone in charge they will help you a lot, and if you know a Muslim who goes there who can help that's good to. Whatever your decision may Allah guide you to what is good.

Salih

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 5:49am
Peace David,

I am out of my depth if I try to answer your conversion question - I do want
to share with you how happy I am at your experience and the adventure that
is unfolding before you...

T'Barak Allah Alik,

Jamal Morelli
ysimjee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysimjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 2:26am

Alhamdullilah.

Its better to go to someone that can help you to convert.  Imaan or Moulana, reason being the kalimah of faith needs to be read and azaan needs to be givin in your ears.

Welcome to islam.

Inshallah everything will be easy for you.

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 3:21am
im curious. is your wife Muslim? just that your first sentence regarding your wife giving u permission  got me wondering what religion your wife is practising.
Salih88 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salih88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 11:47am

Asalamualaikum,

I've never heard of the athaan being called in the ear. Is this the Sunnah of Rasuallah(saw)?

ysimjee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysimjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:43pm

It was done when i converted to islaam.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 7:30pm
David
Assalaoalikum
If you have a masjid I will recommend that you visit with the Imam for declaration of Kalima; that way you will have lot more blessings to share with others, and will have contact if you need any further guidance in the matter of faith and practice.

Also you may want to have an experience that you can think back in future, you don't have to  do  the declaration in front of a large crowd anyway.

I would like you PM me about your visions. thanks
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic