IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wanting to convert - now what?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanting to convert - now what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 4:26am

Originally posted by Josh_345 Josh_345 wrote:

I am sad to hear this. Why do you think the Koran is holy and the bible is not? These visions could be coming from Satan. The Koran has been wrong on predictions of the future.

Please discuss your concerns in Islam for non-Islam section about Islam or take part in interfaith section, and post your claims with evidence. Please don't start such matters here.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Josh_345 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh_345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 12:51am
I am sad to hear this. Why do you think the Koran is holy and the bible is not? These visions could be coming from Satan. The Koran has been wrong on predictions of the future.
southman4b View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southman4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 1:10pm
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother,

I pray that by this time you have followed your course as has been pre-ordained by Allah and recited Calimah (Shahadah) in your way.  The advice of seeking out other Muslims for their assistance in your path is very wise.  The presence of other Muslims will help to ease your transition and allow for you to ask questions and receive help whenever you need it.

Please update us to your status today.

Your Brother in Islam,

Abdul Latif
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 7:30pm
David
Assalaoalikum
If you have a masjid I will recommend that you visit with the Imam for declaration of Kalima; that way you will have lot more blessings to share with others, and will have contact if you need any further guidance in the matter of faith and practice.

Also you may want to have an experience that you can think back in future, you don't have to  do  the declaration in front of a large crowd anyway.

I would like you PM me about your visions. thanks
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
ysimjee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysimjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:43pm

It was done when i converted to islaam.

Salih88 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salih88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 11:47am

Asalamualaikum,

I've never heard of the athaan being called in the ear. Is this the Sunnah of Rasuallah(saw)?

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 3:21am
im curious. is your wife Muslim? just that your first sentence regarding your wife giving u permission  got me wondering what religion your wife is practising.
ysimjee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysimjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 2:26am

Alhamdullilah.

Its better to go to someone that can help you to convert.  Imaan or Moulana, reason being the kalimah of faith needs to be read and azaan needs to be givin in your ears.

Welcome to islam.

Inshallah everything will be easy for you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic