IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Will I go to hell?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will I go to hell?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will I go to hell?
    Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:54am

I don't follow any religion but i believe in God and that you must be good in life to go to heaven. Good, I mean i am honest, share what  i can with my friends, work hard, care for my family, be kind...I'm not perfect but i try my best.  

According to Islam,

1)what happens to unbelievers or those who believe in other religions when they die?

2)Is there a significant advantage if you are a muslim on the judgement day?

abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 10:31am

Simple and direct answers can be given to your question, but I prefer to ask some cross questions. Kindly answer if you don't mind.

on the day of judgement if God asks you why did you neglected or rejected His message and massengers, what would be your answer?

If He asks you that you considered rights of all His creatures and never bothered to find out His rights, what would be your answer?

Edited by abuzaid
Mauri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by abuzaid abuzaid wrote:

Simple and direct answers can be given to your question, but I prefer to ask some cross questions. Kindly answer if you don't mind.

on the day of judgement if God asks you why did you neglected or rejected His message and massengers, what would be your answer?

If He asks you that you considered rights of all His creatures and never bothered to find out His rights, what would be your answer?

Proof said he tried to be honest.  Imo, God is honest.
And, Proof said, "(I) share what  i can with my friends, work hard, care for my family, be kind...I'm not perfect but i try my best."  Imo, that is God's message.
abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:13pm
Let me get the answer from proof only and how he/she knows what God's message is?

Edited by abuzaid
Mauri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by abuzaid abuzaid wrote:

Let me get the answer from proof only and how he/she knows what's God message is?

When proof does the best he can, what more do you think God could/would require of him?
raushan View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raushan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 6:04am
Belief in One God with no partners in His Godhead is one of the foremost but not the only principle of Islam. In short there are two more main beliefs besides the above, which are essentially the parts of Islamic Monotheism.

(i) Belief in the Life Hereafter:

That all human beings shall be raised to their Lord on an appointed day to give account of their life in this world. They shall be rewarded or punished in their eternal life thereafter. No living is born again in this world as here is their first and last chance to prove that they are fit for the purpose of their creation.

(ii) Belief in the Prophets of God:

That God revealed to the mankind His word through His chosen ones from among human beings from time to time. The prophets came to all nations and all races to guide the human kind to lead life according to their Lord�s Will. All the prophets of God preached essentially the same religion which is called Islam in Arabic. Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) was the last Prophet of God through whom His Word, the Qur�an was revealed. Our salvation in the next life Hereafter which is eternal, lies now in following Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) and Qur�an. Though all the scriptures are God were true but Qur�an is the only Word of God, which remained safe from human interpolation and shall remain unaltered till the last day on earth.

In brief the belief in above principles of faiths along with the deeds according to the Qur�an and the Last Prophet (Pbuh) is the total requirement of being a Muslim. Islam is the name of religion and way of life taught by the Prophet (Pbuh) and one who accepts it in principle and practises is a Muslim. Islam is not a caste and one cannot be a born Muslim. It does not matter in which caste or family one is born, whoever accepts Islam becomes a Muslim. God, who knows all that is in our hearts and all that we do, shall alone decide on the Day of Judgment who among those are Muslims who claim to be Muslims in this world. The holy Qur�an declared: �Verily those who (claim to) believe (in Islam) and those who are Jews and Christians and Sabians (include those professing non-semetic religions), whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does righteous deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.� (2:62)

As for the relationship between Qur�an and Science, the source of both is one. Science is the knowledge of the universe, we discover. The universe is created by God. If Qur�an is the Word of God and universe, the Work of God, there can never be any contradiction between the two. This can be one of the biggest basis of judging the claim of Qur�an to be the Word of God. There are many good books on the subject, if you are really interested in truth. I recommend that you go through �The Bible, Qur�an and Science� written by a French convert, Dr. Maurice Bucaille, available on all leading book stores of Islamic literature.

proof View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 12:15pm

Hi Abuzaid, can you give me the simple answers to my questions plz.

About his message and messengers: I don't know all of them and I am not sure if they are really messengers of God.

There are many messengers from different religions and sects. Who is the true messenger? Difficult to answer.

A christian, an hindu, a muslim, a buddhist and others may tell me who is the real messenger of God, should i believe in all of them?( not possible, too many differences and contradictions) Should i choose only one? So are others false or not good enough?

There are beautiful messages in each religion but there are also negative stuffs.

In some religion how to make sex is discussed, in others how to fight or war is explained and other religions talk about politics,in some even false scientific knowledge are stated,...unbelievable.

So i listen only to real messages, messages of peace and love from anyone.

I respect all religions and everyone should be free to believe in whatever they want as long as they are good.

abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 8:31am

For a person to get salvation (to enter in paradise) the should believe in

1. God as He is. When I say as He is means, one shouldn't associate any kind of imperfection to Him that doesn't suite His dinity. This also include that the person dislike and disassociate him/herself from those beliefe which associate imperfection to Him. Having a pertner, begetting as son or daugher, considering His attributes as human attributes, incarnating in human form are type of imperfection people associate with Him.

In short, if a person believes that God is a trinity is imperfection associated with Him.

If a person believes that God begets a son, is an imperfection. Begetting is an biological act of human and animals.

If a person believes that there is one or more God with all the attributes and power God has, than this too is imperfection.

If a person believes that God comes inside His own creation is also another insult to God.

If a person believes that God delegates some of His power or right to His creature as the king of this world do, is also an imperfection.

Edited by abuzaid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic