IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whisper  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhisper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 11:39am
Hanan:
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 11:52am

Here is my advice: Do what I did. I saw a passion to stop injustice at least the injustice that I can prevent or detract so I joined Law enforcement.

Brother, I tried to follow your advice.

Yesterday, they were closed, boxing day or something. And, this morning, they won�t stop laughing when I told them I would be 60 in 24 days and 17 hours.

I have no idea if they were laughing at 24 days or the 17 hours bit. I just left.

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 12:09pm
Class of 47 I knew it! Happy Birthday Whisper!!!
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 12:23pm

Brother Whisper,

As always, you took things too literal � Sigh! � and I had to clear up a misunderstanding (it�s rough to be a Virgo), which could have been avoided had you called me first instead of hanging boxing gloves on your rearview mirror and racing off to Madison Square Garden. It didn�t help that you refused to remove that mouthpiece while demanding to �Shine me up, can�t shou shee I�m ready!� while punching holes in the air.

Darling, they're still laughing at the �Shixshty.�

Hanan

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 4:13pm

Furthermore, Servie says, largely to himself because the late-afternoon crowd here at Speaker�s Corner in Hyde Park is dwindling, the last thing that anyone should expect from Whisper is that he should play �babu� to George W. Bush�s �sahib!�  I find no fault in him for that.

Serv

A colony?  What�s that?  I�m a neo-trusteeship territory!

Edited by Servetus
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 9:06pm

Darling, they're still laughing at the �Shixshty.�

You mean they are age-prejudiced so n sos?

Furthermore, Servie says, largely to himself because the late-afternoon crowd here at Speaker�s Corner in Hyde Park is dwindling,

Guv, years ago, we faced the same problem one Saturday afternoon. People were yawning at our great saviours, on their soap-boxes and escaping, anywhere. (in the post our dynamic Lord Donald Soper era)

Even the speakers had tired of their own induced boredom and taken a tea break. We found an abandoned soap-box. We set up the Hyde Park Jokes Corner. You could tell just your two jokes and then hand the spot over to the next bloke.

You should have seen the crowd after that.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 12:57am

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

I thank Sasha endlessly for his effort to inform and educate us to our shortcomings. 

What about Sasha's short comings ?

Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

As I've been "preaching" from the very first day of my membership on this forum, "America doesn't care." We want this war to stop for all the reasons Herjihad has just stated. Heads out of the sand, please!

You know something, no one's disagreeing with Sasha about stopping the war and injustice going on, we all want that too, People really fail to see that.

Quote Sasha, I am on your side, as I am on the side of all those who fight the war for peace. Just because the majority says something is right does NOT make it right.

You are right and its true that what the majority says is right does not make it so.

But you guys fail to see is, I am on his side to, so is Israfil and others, we like him but the continuing bashing of america since day dot is rather well, just hitting at america and blaming her all day long, it is NOT helping.

And may I remind you ALL that many Iraqis and Afghanistan people wants the help of America, and while I have heard some say that some of them have now changed their minds and want America out BUT THAT DOES NOT change the fact many want america�s help! Instead of posting negative stories and the blame it on America reports, BRING across those who actually don�t blame America and need her help! And then lets start talking what we can do to help. It is a fact that if America left and/or abruptly the insurgents will do the job of continuing the wars and killings and bombings and then will the poor innocent people be!

Let�s start talking when you start bringing stories of people wanting America�s help and want these other people want and not ALL about those who don�t want America and her help and blame everything on her!!

No one disgrees that America has her faults and is not doing good in iraq and Afghanistan anymore and that the poor people there are rather hurt and struggling more like any of us.  I am glad and happy that Whisper speaks out and gives another point of view & from someone there, have always been but this constantly bashing and blaming all day long is rather i believe is futile. And i believe you cannot say some people have their heads in the sand, some americans have spoken out, look at Israfil, which people missed the point of his post. 

No one really denies! And some amercians do not like whats happening either, and I don�t like it when my government goes and follows amercia, as if we don�t have a mind of our own. I wish my government would put a time line on when our troops get out (and my uncle will stop being there in iraq doing his job) and not be like the US saying we must�ve leave (yet).

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Thanks Whisper "The I love your innocence" is synonomous with "I'm ignorant of what America is doing overseas" which is fine everyone has their opinion. Of course the innocence bit is also related to what Hana said about "head sin the sand."

I agree, this "The I love your innocence" (�I love you for your absolute innocence.�) Sasha's last post to Amah is consending and patronizing and it undermines her knowledge/intelligence/education. And this is why I don�t get into any of sasha�s posts/threads any more as much as I would like and pose my thoughts and opinions, as sad as it is because I do like Whisper and his unique style of writing. 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

I thank Sasha endlessly for his effort to inform and educate us to our shortcomings. 

What about Sasha's short comings ?

Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

As I've been "preaching" from the very first day of my membership on this forum, "America doesn't care." We want this war to stop for all the reasons Herjihad has just stated. Heads out of the sand, please!

You know something, no one's disagreeing with Sasha about stopping the war and injustice going on, we all want that too, People really fail to see that.

Quote Sasha, I am on your side, as I am on the side of all those who fight the war for peace. Just because the majority says something is right does NOT make it right.

You are right and its true that what the majority says is right does not make it so.

But you guys fail to see is, I am on his side to, so is Israfil and others, we like him but the continuing bashing of america since day dot is rather well, just hitting at america and blaming her all day long, it is NOT helping.

And may I remind you ALL that many Iraqis and Afghanistan people wants the help of America, and while I have heard some say that some of them have now changed their minds and want America out BUT THAT DOES NOT change the fact many want america�s help! Instead of posting negative stories and the blame it on America reports, BRING across those who actually don�t blame America and need her help! And then lets start talking what we can do to help. It is a fact that if America left and/or abruptly the insurgents will do the job of continuing the wars and killings and bombings and then will the poor innocent people be!

Let�s start talking when you start bringing stories of people wanting America�s help and want these other people want and not ALL about those who don�t want America and her help and blame everything on her!!

No one disgrees that America has her faults and is not doing good in iraq and Afghanistan anymore and that the poor people there are rather hurt and struggling more like any of us.  I am glad and happy that Whisper speaks out and gives another point of view & from someone there, have always been but this constantly bashing and blaming all day long is rather i believe is futile. And i believe you cannot say some people have their heads in the sand, some americans have spoken out, look at Israfil, which people missed the point of his post. 

No one really denies! And some amercians do not like whats happening either, and I don�t like it when my government goes and follows amercia, as if we don�t have a mind of our own. I wish my government would put a time line on when our troops get out (and my uncle will stop being there in iraq doing his job) and not be like the US saying we must�ve leave (yet).

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Thanks Whisper "The I love your innocence" is synonomous with "I'm ignorant of what America is doing overseas" which is fine everyone has their opinion. Of course the innocence bit is also related to what Hana said about "head sin the sand."

I agree, this "The I love your innocence" (�I love you for your absolute innocence.�) Sasha's last post to Amah is consending and patronizing and it undermines her knowledge/intelligence/education. And this is why I don�t get into any of sasha�s posts/threads any more as much as I would like and pose my thoughts and opinions, as sad as it is because I do like Whisper and his unique style of writing. 

Angel,

You find it insulting, whereas I find it endearing.  Just two different points of view.  You say what about his shortcomings?  When a man's country is decimated by mine and yours, I'd say he has more right to his shortcomings than you or I.

And personally, I don't find it at all sad that you don't participate in his threads as much for the reason you stated.  This isn't a why you dislike Whisper thread.  It's a why we like him thread.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic