IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why don’t you ask African Americans  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why don’t you ask African Americans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 9:10am
Thank you for hearing me Amah. I appreciate it.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

The numbers of African Muslims who die every year from starvation and warfare are in the millions. I'm sorry, but the number of Palestinians being killed doesn't even come close. The suffering in Africa from disease, civil war, corrupt governments, and famine makes Palestine look like a picnic. I mean come on lets be realistic! I feel for the Palestinians too, but they get much more help, have alot more media attention than other poor suffering people. And my husband is Pakistani, so my children are half. I don't feel the suffering in Kashmir or Paksitan should be any more important to me or them than the suffering in Africa.

Thats cold, So how many Palestinians should IDF kill to get your attention?

Why Don't you to go Palestine and enjoy the "Picnic", Palestine gets peanuts compared to what Israel gets.

Also African countries have lot of resources, like Gold, Diamond,Oil,Copper & Ivory to name the few. What do Palestinians have?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Herjihad, what is the comment about Israeli jews about? I really don't get it and what do they have to do with this topic? I am really tired of people not addressing the topic and putting blame on others. Muslims are responsible for themselves regardless of what others do.

I agree.

bismillah,

why are you ignoring my comment about my dear african american friend who is most welcome in my home and i in hers?  and the fact that some white sisters denigrate me as beneath them?  where is the race issue here?  nowhere.  i am not racist and neither are most of my friends.

you brought up how unimportant palestinian deaths are and how you personally aren't going to care more about deaths in pakistan, even though your husband's family lives there.

talk about a cold heart!  maybe you're not thinking before you post.  we should care for our family, and neighbors, those tied in blood relations and those closest to us physically as an islaamic duty.  i have people i know dearly who are relatives through marriage who are suffering each day because of the curfews and blockades in phalasteen.  i care for and cry for the ugandans, peruvians, ethiopians and more.  do you want to measure your love and care?  do so.  but you could stop attacking people who have family and dear friends who are suffering and dying under israeli occupation.

you expanded the topic in your exposition and i replied to it.  sorry you didn't notice that sister amah.

keep a topic open that's addressing the issues in places you feel are neglected rather than put down people for caring about places where their family and friends live. look under regions and africa for topics you could contribute to so that you could really increase people's concern.  because attacking people's love for phalasteen or afghanistan or pakistan isn't going to make them care about your topic.

salaams

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

The numbers of African Muslims who die every year from starvation and warfare are in the millions. I'm sorry, but the number of Palestinians being killed doesn't even come close. The suffering in Africa from disease, civil war, corrupt governments, and famine makes Palestine look like a picnic. I mean come on lets be realistic! I feel for the Palestinians too, but they get much more help, have alot more media attention than other poor suffering people. And my husband is Pakistani, so my children are half. I don't feel the suffering in Kashmir or Paksitan should be any more important to me or them than the suffering in Africa.

Thats cold, So how many Palestinians should IDF kill to get your attention?

Why Don't you to go Palestine and enjoy the "Picnic", Palestine gets peanuts compared to what Israel gets.

Also African countries have lot of resources, like Gold, Diamond,Oil,Copper & Ivory to name the few. What do Palestinians have?

Bismillah,

Jazzak Allah Khayr, Brother Ak. It's really no picnic at all there.  And remember the family that took time for a picnic by the sea and was massacered a few months ago? 

IstagfirrAllah.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:27pm

Herjihad, I am saying a life is a life. A palestinian is no more important than an African to me. Nor a Pakistani is more importand than A Bosnian to me. A life is a life, again and I feel as sad when an African child dies as when a Pakistani child dies. Race or culture does not bring me closer to anyone. Family is another issue which I am not talking about here, of course you care for ones family, but is every Palestenian your family member? Moreso than every African Muslim? I NEVER said I don't care about Palestinians, so please don't put words in my mouth. People here respond to posts emotionally without really pondering what the person has said.

And use your brain and you will understand that suffering comes in degrees. How many people died in Ruwanda? 3million people were slaughtered, chopped up, raped, shot and tortured. That is the reality. IF you had your choice between living in Gaza or living in Ruwanda during the Genocide, or living as a black Muslim in Darfur what would you choose??? Obviously one situation is more grim than the other and the suffering in parts of Africa where there is NO HEALThcare NO FOOD NO SAFETY NO CLEAN WATER NO SCHOOLS, MALARIA, AIDS, MILLIONS OF ORPHANS, CIVIL WAR ect. I will again say that Palestinians don't have it as bad and factually I can prove it with death rates, infant mortality rates,  death by famine and starvation rates ect. It is not my opinion it is just the facts. I WOULD MUCH rather live in Palstine than Sudan!

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:28pm
Herjihad, while I commend you efforts with your friend, you are in the minority. You may very well be not prejudice(I beleive you are very open and loving to all Muslims) but that is not the case of what most people do.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:34pm
Akfm- I not talking about what Israel gets compared to Palestinians, that is not the POINT!!! I am talking about Palelstine compared to Darfur!! Or other parts of Africa. You all really are not reading my posts.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:50pm

I would love to start a poll but I think this one would be impossible since No one in Darfur has a computer with internet access. But just for fun it would be

If you are from Darfur would you accept immigrating and living in Palestine?

If you are in Palestine would you like to immigrate and move to Darfur??

HMMMMMMMMMM I wonder what the out come would be 200,ooo ready to hop on a plane for palestine, 0 ready to head for darfur. Thats just my guess.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic