IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is there an Islamic response to John 3?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there an Islamic response to John 3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 4:46am
Originally posted by air_one air_one wrote:

Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

One of my main points is that it really doesn't matter - it is the worship of God that is important not the status of the various messengers!

How?

Will God really leave it up to his creation to decide how He will be worshipped?

Will God accept His creations' logical thinking on what is good (allowed) and what is evil (sins)?

God has allowed numerous false prophets in the past and present.

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 4:51am
Originally posted by ysimjee ysimjee wrote:

A few good statements made.

But to the ones that don�t know, the bible has been chance to sooth the lifestyle of the Christians in this time n era. If they read the original old testament they would find that pork n drinking of wine is also not permitted.

As for the Jewish Torah, they refused to accept that Muhammad (saw) was the last prophet of Allah just because he was n Arab and not from them.

But the Quran does not state that Muhammand was the last prophet.  I believe that is something Muhammad claimed in his last sermon.  Previously did not he claim (in the QURAN) that he was merely an apostle?

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 5:04am
Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

But the Quran does not state that Muhammand was the last prophet.  I believe that is something Muhammad claimed in his last sermon.  Previously did not he claim (in the QURAN) that he was merely an apostle?

Stephen, please go to the thread: Basic Islamic Questions, in islam for nonmuslims, where I have posted answered, yes the qu'ran does state so and it is Allah that has said.  Please continue about the qu'ran there or the other thread you made about it  

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 9:02am
Originally posted by ysimjee ysimjee wrote:

But to the ones that don�t know, the bible has been chance to sooth the lifestyle of the Christians in this time n era. If they read the original old testament they would find that pork n drinking of wine is also not permitted.

I don't think that drinking of wine was forbidden in the Old Testament.

The taboo on eating pork was abandoned because of the numerous non-Jews entering Christianity and as a protest against religion becoming too ritualistic. Jesus said that it is not the eating of pork that makes people impure but the evil thinking that comes out of the mind.

Quote As for the Jewish Torah, they refused to accept that Muhammad (saw) was the last prophet of Allah just because he was n Arab and not from them

Ridiculous. It was because they had a complete religion and the Quran did not bring anything new to them.

Would you accept that Baha'is invite you to acknowledge that their religion is the continuation and final revelation of God to replace Islam?
Redneck View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 10:25am

Cyril wrote:

I don't think that drinking of wine was forbidden in the Old Testament.

The taboo on eating pork was abandoned because of the numerous non-Jews entering Christianity and as a protest against religion becoming too ritualistic. Jesus said that it is not the eating of pork that makes people impure but the evil thinking that comes out of the mind. ( end of quote)

Jesus( sallahu alayhe wassalam) contradicts this hear........

Matthew 5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

It wasn't Jesus(sallahu alayhe wassalam) who relaxed the laws but he people. When he said "it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man but what comes out of it" a person could hardly construe that as a command from him to repeal the law against eating pork.

Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Redneck Redneck wrote:

Jesus( sallahu alayhe wassalam) contradicts this hear........

Matthew 5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This is one of the contradictions of Christianity. Let's find a Christian to explain it.

Quote It wasn't Jesus(sallahu alayhe wassalam) who relaxed the laws but the people. When he said "it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man but what comes out of it" a person could hardly construe that as a command from him to repeal the law against eating pork.

For me it is a good start for repealing.
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 8:40pm

There are no passages in the bible where wine is forbidden.  And, if you check out Mark 7:19, you will read:

Thus he (Jesus) declared all foods clean.

So obviously, Christians are not required to follow Old Testament dietary laws.

ysimjee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysimjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 12:04am

Find the origenal text of the Bible and Torah.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic