IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is there an Islamic response to John 3?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there an Islamic response to John 3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona_1022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 12:05am

Salam,

"God gave me a brain to reason and ask questions." 

StephenC, this is an important part of Islam.  God tells us to use our logic and reason to study all religions and to decide which one is the true religion.  Although I believe Islam is the truth, based on my research of Islam, that does not mean that my search should end.  As a creation of the Lord Almighty, it is my duty to learn all religions, that teach that there is only One God, and to decide which one is right.   The truth should not be confusing or contradictory in any way.  People must realize that God Almighty is not one of Us and is intelligent beyond our comprehension.  I am sure that He made sure that it would not be hard for us to realize the truth when we find it.  Do not base your opinions of any religion, including Islam, on what you hear from people or see on tv.  Take the time to read the holy books and any scriptures that may help explain the religion more.  In this case, for you to really understand Islam and know what it teaches, try to get a hold of a Qur'an and some Hadiths (tell about the life of the Prophet [pbuh]) and then you can have an opinion.  Please, for your own sake, do not listen to what people say because each person has their own interpretation and it would not be fair to you to accept what another person believes...it is your duty.

It is okay to ask questions but don't just believe the answers just because a muslim said it...they could be wrong for all you know.  I say this based on my own experience.  When i researched Islam, i got a whole different perspective than i had from asking questions. 

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 5:17am

Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

I am here to help understand Islam, true Islam.

you are here to help understand (true) Islam ??  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Mona_1022 Mona_1022 wrote:

Salam,

"God gave me a brain to reason and ask questions." 

StephenC, this is an important part of Islam.  God tells us to use our logic and reason to study all religions and to decide which one is the true religion.  Although I believe Islam is the truth, based on my research of Islam, that does not mean that my search should end.  As a creation of the Lord Almighty, it is my duty to learn all religions, that teach that there is only One God, and to decide which one is right.   The truth should not be confusing or contradictory in any way.  People must realize that God Almighty is not one of Us and is intelligent beyond our comprehension.  I am sure that He made sure that it would not be hard for us to realize the truth when we find it.  Do not base your opinions of any religion, including Islam, on what you hear from people or see on tv.  Take the time to read the holy books and any scriptures that may help explain the religion more.  In this case, for you to really understand Islam and know what it teaches, try to get a hold of a Qur'an and some Hadiths (tell about the life of the Prophet [pbuh]) and then you can have an opinion.  Please, for your own sake, do not listen to what people say because each person has their own interpretation and it would not be fair to you to accept what another person believes...it is your duty.

It is okay to ask questions but don't just believe the answers just because a muslim said it...they could be wrong for all you know.  I say this based on my own experience.  When i researched Islam, i got a whole different perspective than i had from asking questions. 

You are absolutely correct on all accounts!  Thank you for your insight and wisdom.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 8:43am
StephenC wrote:

Angel, how come I missed that?   It was a typo-in-excess by Stephen.  

BMZ

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 1:25am
bmz, guess you were busy
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

Yes, the Islam of Muhammad not the Islam of the Uthman committee!

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 7:31am

Stephen,

Perhaps, you wanted to say,"I am here to understand Islam."

Regarding the committe of Uthman, most of the members were quite a number of Sahabaas, scribes, Ali, Zaid and many others. All knew Qur'aan well.

Uthman and company simply made sure that no undesired material was added to Qur'aan. Uthman did not re-write Qur'aan. If they had not done that, Qur'aan would have been turned into something like the Bible with narrations of various people exceeding the words of God. That is why all the Hadith material was kept out and separate.

The company or the committee knew well what had happened to the Holy Scriptures of the past.

BMZ

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 8:19am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Stephen,

Perhaps, you wanted to say,"I am here to understand Islam."

Regarding the committe of Uthman, most of the members were quite a number of Sahabaas, scribes, Ali, Zaid and many others. All knew Qur'aan well.

Uthman and company simply made sure that no undesired material was added to Qur'aan. Uthman did not re-write Qur'aan. If they had not done that, Qur'aan would have been turned into something like the Bible with narrations of various people exceeding the words of God. That is why all the Hadith material was kept out and separate.

The company or the committee knew well what had happened to the Holy Scriptures of the past.

BMZ

I am very interested in the "undesire material" and especially how the committee that wrote down the Quran decided what should and should not be in the Uthman Quran.

When I refer to the Uthman Quran, I am not meaning any disrespect.  Just to specify which written Quran I am discussing.  I find other Islamic websites that (Islamonline.net) that claim that a written version of the Quran was compiled during the life of Muhammad and he personally approved it.  I have also read that a copy (Omar Quran) was retained by Muhammad's last wife.

I am fully aware of how the Bible was committee edited, translated, and clarified as much or more than the way the Uthman Quran was committee edited, translated, and clarified.

One of my main points is that it really doesn't matter - it is the worship of God that is important not the status of the various messengers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic