IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Australian PM condemns sheik’s sermon  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australian PM condemns sheik’s sermon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by candid candid wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Oh, Candid, get lost.  Nobody here agrees with what you said. 

And I don't care, what you think. If you agree with me good for you. Otherwise, its your problem.

BTW, if no one disagrees with what the other says, then perhaps we don't need a discussion forum.

wow  your attitude is really something  

You should care Candid but i guess you don't, I guess you don't care what kind of projection you put onto islam and muslims, you want people to know what islam is, well i hope they do not learn from you. 

Really?? Well, there are certain values which we cannot compromise upon irrespective of what you think of us. I think Muslim should stop caring about what others say and do what they think is right. If we need to make changes we should do it independently of what others tell us to do. No amount of a  appeasement or compromises can satisfy the non-muslims until we foresake our religion.

What certain values ? be more specific--we(who R we) you are talking about? If you are speaking for a group you need to say which one, so your authority is weighted & recognized accordingly. If you are speaking for yourself, and itching for big time argument with sister herjihad on this issue, think again you are in for a surprise. There will be more votes with her than with you. So better behave

IMHO the Sheikh injecting into on this rotten gang rape scenarios  indicates that how messed up priorities of the Muslims' involved in  general and this sheikh in particular are?

So you think these gang bangers are your Muslims brothers-- Not mine! What would you do when they end up in a slammer?

I think Muslim should stop caring about what others say and do what they think is right.

Can you describe what is right in your mind, you don't come out as caring individual btw

If we need to make changes we should do it independently of what others tell us to do.

What changes do you have in mind and would you imlement? can you count some independent Muslims places for me to be practical and sincere?
And also I am sorry if these rapist alley CATS were Sheikh's flock-- nothing to be proud off!!
The Muslims are fighting the trivial battles likes of this and Niqab's in England while the significant issues such as educational/economic/political independence of Muslim people in Muslim countries are being overlooked all over.

No amount of a  appeasement or compromises can satisfy the non-muslims until we foresake our religion

Seems like you haven't read the history and are behind the curve, I think Muslim forsook it long ago and paid the price in defeat of Muslim Caliphate and rest in colonial bondage. Now they are trying to crawl  back from the hole of bondage in scatter brained fashion and it is not working yet. And for sure they are not going anywhere with the issues like this thread. Wake up n smell coffee
Salam

Salaams and Bismillah,

Dear Brother Sign*Reader,  Jazzak Allah Khayr, and I was extremely glad to read your measured and thoughtful repsonse to Canned.   In Shah Allah, he will think about each thing you said and rethink his position.

We all need to allow ourselves room to grow as humans and Muslims. 

And on this issue, we all have sisters and children and mothers and nieces and aunts.  Nobody should have metaphors applied to them like this misguided brother in Austrailia has applied to all uncovered women, which broadly included all women who uncover their hair. 

This kind of attitude reminds us of the Israelis who hate all Arabs such as Lieberman.  It's just hate talk.  It's nothing new, and we need to strive to work together, help each other, and forgive each other.  All of us. 

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 6:35am

Assalamu Alaikum,

The Sheikh has realized his mistake, and apologized. Therefore, he should not be subjected to ongoing media onslaught. The disproportionate negative media coverage about him gives the impression to the rest of the world that that is what Islam and Muslims stand for.

Yes, I would be against him until he apologizes, but as soon as he does realize  the mistake, I would treat him as my Brother in Islam. And this concept of mercy and compassion in Islam extends to everyone in humanity.

And in these times when media selectively magnifies news to project Islam and Muslms in negative light, we should understand the direction of the wind, and take appropriate and unified position to safeguard the interest of us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 2:55am

This kind of attitude reminds us of the Israelis who hate all Arabs such as Lieberman.  It's just hate talk.  It's nothing new, and we need to strive to work together, help each other, and forgive each other.  All of us. 

Liberman is notable for his racist views. There is nothing to suggest that Imam holds racist view, therefore the comparision is wrong.

Imam didn't say anything wrong, inititially but he should have anticipated the reaction of the people to what he said.

Edited by candid
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Oh, Candid, get lost.  Nobody here agrees with what you said. 

And I don't care, what you think. If you agree with me good for you. Otherwise, its your problem.

BTW, if no one disagrees with what the other says, then perhaps we don't need a discussion forum.

wow  your attitude is really something  

You should care Candid but i guess you don't, I guess you don't care what kind of projection you put onto islam and muslims, you want people to know what islam is, well i hope they do not learn from you. 

Really?? Well, there are certain values which we cannot compromise upon irrespective of what you think of us. I think Muslim should stop caring about what others say and do what they think is right. If we need to make changes we should do it independently of what others tell us to do. No amount of a  appeasement or compromises can satisfy the non-muslims until we foresake our religion.

What certain values ? be more specific--we(who R we) you are talking about? If you are speaking for a group you need to say which one, so your authority is weighted & recognized accordingly. If you are speaking for yourself, and itching for big time argument with sister herjihad on this issue, think again you are in for a surprise. There will be more votes with her than with you. So better behave

I meant 'we' as Muslims. My post was to Angel who is a non-muslim.

Irrespective of what we believe our values are, we should not decide on our values just to please the non-muslims. There can be differences amongst Muslims I accept (and I am not always right, I admit) but the differences had to be resolved irrespective of what the non-muslims tell us to do.

The rest of your post is irrelevant (its centred around me, really can't understand what happened to forum rule of 'no personal attacks').

Edited by candid
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 5:22pm

Salaams and Bismillah,

Some guys will never understand the evil that they do to women.  Jazzak Allah Khayr to Brother Sign*Reader again.  I take what the sheikh and people here who don't understand this issue at all, personally.

Cann DID, you refuse to think about what the Brother said to you.  That's up to you.  I recommend your canning of posting priviledges to the adminstrator, who seems to agree with you, because of your senseless verbal attacks on all women.  Read what we have discussed on this topic before.  None of the sisters in that discussion agree with you.  I reiterate this because it is important for anyone reading this to know that your cruel and unwise views on innocents attacked by others harms all of us.

The sheikh apologized?  That's nice.  He should be fired as the leaders of the Islamic organizations in Austrailia have themselves recommended.  A person with such a high position should show better sense in his public speeches.  And that metaphor, I've heard it before; haven't you?  He didn't make it up.  And it's sad that noone is willing to admit to that in our community.

Brothers need to protect the sisters instead of using us as bait or for target practice. IstagfirrAllah.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 8:36pm

Brothers need to protect the sisters instead of using us as bait or for target practice. IstagfirrAllah.

Chaste women don't have anything to fear.

And, where did I attack 'all women'? I only oppose the right of shameless women to dress indecently.

Edited by candid
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 8:44pm

Quote I reiterate this because it is important for anyone reading this to know that your cruel and unwise views on innocents attacked by others harms all of us.

How does that harms you? What you think harms you just because of that will harm you anyway. Because what I said cannot harm you.

Quote The sheikh apologized?  That's nice.  He should be fired as the leaders of the Islamic organizations in Austrailia have themselves recommended.

His first mistake was that he did not anticipate the reaction of what he said. His second mistake was that he apologised.

Edited by candid
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:45am

Okay, I admit I used harsh language. That is because I don't like Angel's attitude here. This is an Islamic forum. I don't like non-muslims to question Islam or Muslims here. I don't think that is unfair because no one is preventing non-muslims from doing that in their own forum or some other forum of their choice. Muslims come here to discuss their religious issues. Muslims don't come here to be insulted or provoked. Non-Muslims are welcome here if they come here to learn about Islam or meaningfully discuss about Islamic issues as Duende and Angela do.

That does not mean that they have to agree to everything what Muslims say; but, atleast they can be silent if they can't help provoking or insulting us. If they disagree with us they should not insult us.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic