IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post Partum Depression  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPost Partum Depression

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 5:04am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Sorry for jumping into the discussion this late, post martum depression is for sure real and no one is doubting its authenticity. These days no one really can cos a simple head scan will tell the abnormal hormonal and neurotransmitter behaviour. But saying that is it not true that start of this abnormal behaviour of your brain cells gets started with an individual feeling low, sad about life, annoyed with circumstances and taking every little thing as a big blow? Yes there are things like epilepsy and schizopherenia which are caused by abnormal behaviour of neurotransmitters and those are some what genetics and can not be controlled by the individuals. But mostly conditions which are forms of depression are caused by oversensitive behaviour of the individual.

I have seen mother of triplet happy as anything even though she was rushed off her feet and then mother of a baby having post martum depression even though she had her sister and her mother in-law to help her out. This second person is my cousin and later on she told us that she felt screaming as soon as the baby started crying and she felt like she does not get time for herself. Everyone and everything is about the baby now and thats how it all started.

I think this might be a reason why some people would say that a strong faith in Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala stops you falling into depression. But i do think that mothers do go through alot before and after the birth of thier kids. Thats why jannah is underneath the feet of our mother and they have three times more right than our fathers.

Now about people going to other religions because islam is hard on muslimaat. Just take an example of a person who is born with one good eye or one good leg or who has to spend his/her life depending on others. What about those people, has Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala being unfair to those people?(naudhubillah). No Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has given each person a specific criteria, you have to fulfill that to get His pleasure. No one is going to be judged on comparison, you are answerable for your own deeds and conditions. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has created men and women differently, they have different responsibilities. Now a father is responsible for feeding his family but Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has put jannah underneath the feet of mother and gave her three times more right than father. So are men suppose to say that its unfair?

One's wrongdoing and bad action does not justify the bad done by the second person. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has put an instinct in every1 that if you give yourself a fair chance and make not this 'Me' too important for yourself, you do see the bigger picture. You do realize the rights given to each and responsibilities and how they suit best. A fair person would never put the blame of people on the religion of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

wassalam

Edited by fatima
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 6:19am
Originally posted by UmmAminata UmmAminata wrote:

Please quote with references. My wife and I have yet to find any woman that has left Islam. But, that doesn't mean that women may not be leaving Islam. - PeaceMaker

For information about the Dr. Homa Darabi Foundation, send email to [email protected]. You can also reach us by mail at the following address: Dr. Homa Darabi Foundation P.O. Box 11049 Truckee CA. 96162 Tel: (530) 582 4197 Fax: (530) 582 0156

"We also have another breed of muslim women who have picked out from Islam what they wanted, modified it and started a religion named Islam too but in that they have what they did not get from mainstream Islam."

Please elaborate.

I believe the sister is talking about people who " throw the baby out with the bath water."  When people start dismissing tawheed, salat, sawm, hajj, zakkat, modesty, heterosexuallity, marriage, and the Angel Gabriel Hadith, that get's scary brother. On whose authority are doing so? Did Allah give them permission to speak for him?

Assalamu Alaikum,

I wanted links from reliable sources, not from anti-Islam sources. Such links are not allowed here. I had to delete those links.

Jazak Allah Khair.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
UmmAminata View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 6:48am

[/QUOTE]

Assalamu Alaikum,

I wanted links from reliable sources, not from anti-Islam sources. Such links are not allowed here. I had to delete those links.

Jazak Allah Khair.

Peace

[/QUOTE]

Peace Maker you asked for information about people apostating from Islam.  The books that I named are not links so why were they deleted? Those books are written by former Muslims? The way that you deleted it makes it look like no one could respond your challenged that you and your wife haven't seen anyone apostate.

I have seen many women apostate especially educated African American sisters.

I know one woman in particular who apostated and than became a conservative Jew!

My point was not to support anti-Islamic sentiments or products but to respond to your question, to make you aware, that the apostation is so bad, that there are books written by scholars on the subject.  Asking that the source be from a Muslim, makes your position appear to be biased and weak.

I really feel that post being deleted was done in poor taste.

Mrs. Dia
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:06am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Jazak Allah Khair.

Peace

[/QUOTE]

Peace Maker you asked for information about people apostating from Islam.  The books that I named are not links so why were they deleted? Those books are written by former Muslims? The way that you deleted it makes it look like no one could respond your challenged that you and your wife haven't seen anyone apostate.

I have seen many women apostate especially educated African American sisters.

I know one woman in particular who apostated and than became a conservative Jew!

My point was not to support anti-Islamic sentiments or products but to respond to your question, to make you aware, that the apostation is so bad, that there are books written by scholars on the subject.  Asking that the source be from a Muslim, makes your position appear to be biased and weak.

I really feel that post being deleted was done in poor taste.

[/QUOTE]

UmmAminata:

Please read my post to najamsahar. And comply with guidelines. You are not allowed to quote the links of anti-Islam web sites. You are also not allowed to quote the work/book of Islam bashers here. Period.

Please read the guidelines so that you may stick to it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:13am

These days no one really can cos a simple head scan will tell the abnormal hormonal and neurotransmitter behaviour. But saying that is it not true that start of this abnormal behaviour of your brain cells gets started with an individual feeling low, sad about life, annoyed with circumstances and taking every little thing as a big blow? Yes there are things like epilepsy and schizopherenia which are caused by abnormal behaviour of neurotransmitters and those are some what genetics and can not be controlled by the individuals. But mostly conditions which are forms of depression are caused by oversensitive behaviour of the individual. - Fatima

I respectfully disagree with you position sister.  Modern research doesn't support this.  Brain scans can identify more than schizophrenia, they can also idnetify anexity disorders, bi-polar disoder, and depression. Also, it is not the individual that causes bi-polar disorder, and other major mental illness.  For moderate to mild depression, the enviournment triggers physilogical responses which throw the hormones and chemicals off balance primarily in women. The hormones and the neurotransmitters are not to far apart and are right by the hypothalmus. Which is why women are more prone to depression than men. The DSM-V111, American Pediatric Assocation, That National Institute Of Mental Health, and National Post-Partum Depression Alliance have issued statements based on research that Post Partum depression is caused by hormonal imbalances, which in turn disrupt the neurotransmitters which in turn cause signals to clash or miss each other resulting in a pluthura of mental disorders.  Post Partum Psychosis is believed to be a form of Bi-Polar disease or Bi-Polar diease as studies show women who experience Post Partum Pyschosis later develop Bi-Polar disorder. The reason being that it is developed around child bearing years is because of the many hormonal and enviournmental changes taking place.

I do believe that abusive experiences, poor choices, isolation, negative thinking patterns, and low self esteem can agitate these dieases.

Mrs. Dia

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:15am

For eg, I have had vehement discussions with women who will say that men/husbands have the status next to God (based on the Hadith). I do not disagree with this.

I do disagree with this.  I vehemently reject any hadith, saying of scholar, or fatwa that encourages shirk Akbar.

The Qur'an is clear that there is nothing never will be nothing that is comparable or co-equal to Allah.

Anything that says otherwise is not from the Prophet pbh, this is my belief.

Edit: Your font size is offensive. Please comply with guidelines.  

Edited by peacemaker
Mrs. Dia
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:19am

Assalamu Alaikum,

"My wife and I have yet to find any woman that has left Islam. But, that doesn't mean that women may not be leaving Islam."

I meant that we have not met in person any woman who has left Islam. At the same time, it didn't mean that women may not be leaving Islam. My second post addressed to najamsahar could further clarify what I meant.

Anti-Islam web sites are not the proper source to learn about people who are leaving Islam because they often misrepresent the facts. They falsely make it look like the whole world is leaving Islam. By the grace of Allah, that is not the case.

Yes, there is no denial that problem exists, but there should be proper way to handle it. Anti-Islam bashers can't give us solutions, they only will make it worse.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:27am

For eg, I have had vehement discussions with women who will say that men/husbands have the status next to God (based on the Hadith). I do not disagree with this.

I do disagree with this.  I vehemently reject any hadith, saying of scholar, or fatwa that encourages shirk Akbar.

The Qur'an is clear that there is nothing never will be nothing that is comparable or co-equal to Allah.

Anything that says otherwise is not from the Prophet pbh, this is my belief.

Edit: Your font size is offensive. Please comply with guidelines.  

What is that hadith by the way so that we may see what it says?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic