IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question on the Qur’an  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA question on the Qur�an

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question on the Qur�an
    Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:26pm

Yes, I can see one obvious grammar error in the following ... sura 3.45

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ara..._9/3_45-48.htm

Here, let me elaborate for the Arabic speaking people

Iz kalati lmala2ikatou ya maryamou inna llaha youbasshirouki bikalimatin minhou smouhou lmasee7ou 3eesa bnou maryama wajeehan fee ddonya wal2akhirati wa mina lmoukarrabeena

Notice the bolded part

hou is erroneously a masculine pronoun when it should be feminine since it's referring to "kalima" which is feminine not masculine.

Oh, and no cheap replies, like "the Quran can never have grammar mistakes" because, unlike you, I don't assume that the Quran is perfect and that the Quran is exactly the same as the original. So spare me such replies, and just refute my point.

It is clearly a grammar mistake (probably a copyist error). Do you agree or not?

Edited by damaninchrist
Antony-Islah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:45pm

nor would i (personally) wish for anyone to 'assume' it is perfect, i would advise trying a scientific approach and acting upon its message.......

if you do not wish to believe its authenticity, then no amount of refutation will suffice.   

damaninchrist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Antony-Islah Antony-Islah wrote:

nor would i (personally) wish for anyone to 'assume' it is perfect, i would advise trying a scientific approach and acting upon its message.......

if you do not wish to believe its authenticity, then no amount of refutation will suffice.  

Yes, it will suffice ... just simply explain why it's not a grammar error

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:53pm

maybe you are able to teach me something?

you have mentioned "kalima", is that the same kalima described within the below link?

http://www.jamiat.org.za/kids/kalima.html

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:56pm

i do not speak Arabic so please excuse my inquisitiveness, i am open to your opinions.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 5:03pm

maybe you are able to teach me something?

you have mentioned "kalima", is that the same kalima described within the below link?

http://www.jamiat.org.za/kids/kalima.html

Kalima is a feminine term, which means "word" in Arabic.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 5:04pm

i do not speak Arabic so please excuse my inquisitiveness, i am open to your opinions.

Note: This could be just a copyist error, and not an error in the original.

But, either way, I am open to all corrections ... just as long as they are corrections.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by damaninchrist damaninchrist wrote:

Yes, I can see one obvious grammar error in the following ... sura 3.45

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ara..._9/3_45-48.htm

Here, let me elaborate for the Arabic speaking people

Iz kalati lmala2ikatou ya maryamou inna llaha youbasshirouki bikalimatin minhou smouhou lmasee7ou 3eesa bnou maryama wajeehan fee ddonya wal2akhirati wa mina lmoukarrabeena

Notice the bolded part

hou is erroneously a masculine pronoun when it should be feminine since it's referring to "kalima" which is feminine not masculine.

Oh, and no cheap replies, like "the Quran can never have grammar mistakes" because, unlike you, I don't assume that the Quran is perfect and that the Quran is exactly the same as the original. So spare me such replies, and just refute my point.

It is clearly a grammar mistake (probably a copyist error). Do you agree or not?

Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatulaahi wa Barakatuhu,

No.  You're just wrong.  Do you like Bush too?  Why do you go around wasting your time slinging false accusations like this?  Are you like a two year old who thinks he knows everything when he doesn't? 

The grammar is correct.  The "Ismoohoo" refers to Prophet Issa, may Allah Listen to him, his name, and he are masculine.

How silly of you to use something that you are completely wrong in to attack Islaam.  You need to take up crochet and send socks to earthquake victims and leave the grammar to experts, or even people as simple as me who know that your attack is foolish.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic