IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A place for reflection  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A place for reflection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A place for reflection
    Posted: 25 April 2005 at 5:34pm

Sisters,

I was wondering, do any of you have a special place where you can go to have peace and quiet and reflection?  Away from kids, housework, husband, telephone, and so forth.

For over half the year, my special place for reflection is my garden.  I could never thank Allah enough for my garden if I lived to be a thousand and thanked him everyday!  All through spring, summer and fall there are so many wonders of Allah's perfect creation there to reflect on.  Watching plants emerge after their winter's sleep.  Watching a tiny hummingbird enjoy the nectar in the flowers.  Seeing the bees, so busy, so wonderous!  Spiders making fabulous webs that turn into jeweled garlands in the morning dew.  Tiny drops of water sitting in the lovely soft leaves of the lady's mantle plant look like so many diamonds.

I could go on and on.  I spend as much time as I can in my garden, even on cold or rainy days like today, because when I am there I am reminded every second of the beautiful gifts Allah has granted me.  My garden is my joy.  It is the place that I feel Allah has given me to counter-balance all the pain and hurt and suffering I have had to endure in this life.

16:10-11 - It is He Who sends down rain from the sky: from it ye drink, and out of it (grows) the vegetation on which ye feed your cattle.  With it He produces for you corn, olives, date-palms, grapes and every kind of fruit: verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought.

16:68-69 - And thy Lord taught the Bee to build its cells in hills, on trees, and in (men's) habitations; Then to eat of all the produce (of the earth), and find with skill the spacious paths of its Lord: there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for men: verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought.

Do any of you have a special place of reflection?

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
~Severa~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Severa~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 4:08pm

MashAllah that was a beautiful post.

I have a place of reflection as well, and i know it may sound funny but it's actually our driveway leading up to our garage. I love just sitting there, in the summer it's the best spot to see the stars and even shooting stars. Right before sunset i usually sit there and watch the little children play, you can see the rest of the homes and there gardens.

JazakAllah, that brought back some good memories.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 6:40am
you know the best time to do that is between 2:30am and 5am, at times in summer if I can't sleep I look at my window to the night sky. It is so quiet and peaceful. It's the best time I think. But in winter its hard - too cold ;-)
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic