IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Amish Help Killer’s Family  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amish Help Killer’s Family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 8:06pm
Angela - You wrote: "Do you feel it is within Christian Law to use Capital Punishment?"

Christianity has neither civil nor criminal law with which to address the question. However, the death penalty is well within mainstrean Christian moral tradition. Incidentally, one of the "Ten Comandments" is commonly misquoted in English as "Thou shall not kill." The proper translation is "Thou shall not murder."

PS: I grew up in Ohio Amish country and have personally known Amish people myself.

Edited by ejdavid
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2006 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I'm just sick of evangelical christians using these poor little girls for their own political and ideological ends.

I grew up in Amish country and had dear friends in the Menonite Community.  There has never been a more simple and loving people.  Their whole ideology is different from any other Christian group.  They are complete pacifists and focus deeply on forgiveness.  That is far more than what other so called Christian groups do.

I ask you, how do you feel about a Christian society that uses the death penalty?  Do you feel it is within Christian Law to use Capital Punishment?

I also love Amish People,they are so cute and good people...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic