IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Americas
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Moyers on America  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moyers on America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moyers on America
    Posted: 03 October 2006 at 8:49am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 9:30am

Thanks, Hanan.  As I mentioned in another thread, I thought that things were rather quiet on the Abramoff front (but that could just be because I killed my television in �91 and am simply not listening to the general rabble, much, preferring my own instead).  I am at any rate glad to see that at least Moyers is onto it and that a documentary is upcoming.  Thanks for the info.

Best regards,

Serv

Support our troops (dismiss their Commander in Chief)!

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 10:17am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 10:57am

Apparently, when I killed my television, I inadvertently wiped out not only the Whiskers Family but also Meerkat Manor. Oh well, chalk it up to collateral damage (but I'm glad that I didn't ruin it for others).  That program looks fun!

Regarding the Moyers documentary, I read (skimmed) portions of the transcript and notice that he did address, if lightly, what is, to me, one of the more disconcerting features of the case -something which deserves an in-depth analysis of its own.  Of course the whole situation on K Street and beyond is a travesty.  I tend to disregard, for instance, or at least to minimize, what is to me the obviously sacreligious and therefore sensational bit where Delay, in his apparent delusion, thinks that others will see Christ reflected in his mug shots, and note, instead, Abramoff (mysteriously of the �Bahamas�)�s relationship to what are rather euphemistically known as the �Russian oligarchs,� i.e., Naftasib (oil company) executives.  I would like to see further light �in fact, a spotlight- directed onto this relationship and to have it then comprehensibly presented to the American citizens, as Moyers and others are capable of doing. 

Serv

Machiavelli on crack: The Prince, when attacked by Bob, destroys Mary and the residents of her neighborhood.

Edited by Servetus
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 8:56am

For instance, an �oligarch� by any other name would smell as sweet �

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/03/07/gusinsky.shtml

Serv

A colony?  What's that?  I'm a neo-trusteeship territory!

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 10:20am

I am not meaning to either impugn or implicate anyone by name.  I will let Scotland Yard and the FBI do that.  But I must say, with the mystery of the polonium perfume and recent Murder(s) on the Occident Express being played out in major centers of Europe, that those �Russian oligarchs,� whether individually or in total, sure seem newsworthy.

Serv

Al-Dahia View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al-Dahia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 10:15am

surely, Muslims should not be divided

it is the only resolution for the meserable situation they are in.

Dear, Hanan

thanks for y

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic