IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 10:15am
Wow. This is a worthwhile effort isn't it?
Antony-Islaah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 4:06pm

yeah so worthwhile you felt the need to comment... pity you are unable to see beyond the surface (for your sake i hope you do not read the Qur�an from such a shallow perspective).....

i personally cannot think of anything more fundamental than the issue of whether matter gave birth to consciousness, or whether a conscious entity created the heavens and the earth, it seems pretty obvious to believers that the law matter obeys had to be in place before matter started obeying, hence this is really just about providing a explanation for those lost in complication, whom look down on people in scorn as a result.

"Pride is to reject the truth and to scorn other people." [Reported by Muslim (no.91)]

Holy Qur�an

Surat Ghaafir

56:Verily, those who dispute about the Ayat of Allah, without any authority having come to them, there is nothing else in their breasts except pride. They will never have it (i.e. Prophethood which Allah has bestowed upon you). So seek refuge in Allah. Verily, it is He Who is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.

57:The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not.

58: And not equal are the blind and those who see, nor are (equal) those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous good deeds, and those who do evil. Little do you remember!

59: Verily, the Hour (Day of Judgement) is surely coming, therein is no doubt, yet most men believe not.

60: And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Antony-Islaah Antony-Islaah wrote:

hi angel.....

well i'm still suffering from some of the same problems (as you have gracefully pointed out). how are you? i hope you are well.

i'm ok.

Quote before i am banned again, what do you think i should do, just publish and put these academics to shame? because i promise you now, if they force me to do so without even having the courtesy of responding to any of my mails, i will show them no mercy..... but then i now know i cannot expect them to listen to anything i say, for they are so aloof they are only able to doubt, after all academics hold the view that only man/woman is able to impart knowledge (ie they only recognise knowledge as college/university degree etc), 'God forbid' anyone learning other than by their decree!

Well, I have to say this, NO ONE is forcing you to do anything

Didn't I gave you that idea to publish what you have once before? I think you should publish anyway, if you have this information and can put it in book form them do so. Life and such and information is NOT dependant on what so called academics have to say and besides information changes over time when new things and discoveries arises. Ordinary people, those that are not academic  can learn in other ways to, do you really need an academic to tell you that standing in the sun you'll get hot and sunburnt??.

If you can find a publisher that is willing then go ahead. If your book starts gettting attention from the public then those academic people will start to listen. Sometimes you need to create a stir to make people turn heads. Not many people like to sway from the norm and when some one comes along with something different it will get attention, of course some will just brush it aside and call it rubbish and not give it a second thought.

Don't go ahead and do this to show or have some kind of revenge towards those that aren't listening, you'll probably end up not doing your best, DO it because you have something to share with others be it academics/scientists or just the general population and for yourself but never do it for some kind of revenge I believe you set yourself up for a fall, your heart and passion has to be in the right place for something to work out well.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 6:53am

Alhamdullilah,

how much you have learnt dear Angel.

i recently did some research with regards to when the month of fasting (ie Ramadan) was prescribed by Allah {SWT}, and maybe it will not come as a surprise to you that it was in the fourteenth year of revelation� i say it might not be a surprise to you because i am sure you more than most, know how off-putting it can be having people forcing religion �down your throat�.

i personally have sought advice from imam�s and alike, and found that they lack the scope to compassionately teach reverts, when i have been struggling to implement certain aspects of the religion (taking into account i am not allowed to fully incorporate the religion in my parents house), they have advised me in a blunt, uncompassionate way, expecting me to instantly become Muslim in every aspect�.. this has only had the effect of making me feel down, and led me to punishing myself because i have been unable to do as they say.

the fact that the month of fasting was not prescribed by Allah {SWT} until the fourteenth year of revelation, hints at the mercy Allah showed for those embracing the religion from scratch��.

i sincerely believe that God is guiding you O Angel, and i believe that if you gave it some thought, you would recognise that He is doing so in a way that only - The Most Gracious, Most Merciful is able to guide��. i believe that He, The All-Knowing has been holding and protecting you, and has prevented you from learning from those whom are unable to guide you in the way that He, knowing everything about you, is able to.

you know God�s Grace, He teaches you at the perfect pace

you know God�s Mercy, when you have repented He has forgiven your mistakes.        

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Antony-Islaah Antony-Islaah wrote:

i personally have sought advice from imam�s and alike, and found that they lack the scope to compassionately teach reverts, when i have been struggling to implement certain aspects of the religion (taking into account i am not allowed to fully incorporate the religion in my parents house), they have advised me in a blunt, uncompassionate way, expecting me to instantly become Muslim in every aspect�.. this has only had the effect of making me feel down, and led me to punishing myself because i have been unable to do as they say.

Real classic occurances, it happened to me once when I asked the 1/2 bake knowledgable friend. But I manage it on my own ever since and I am enjoying it by feeling the struggle trying to understand something that by right need to be studied under supervision. The fruits are sweet really - after sweating.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2006 at 9:44am

Thank you for your reply supreme, and I accept what you say.

You talk about �under supervision�, would that be under the supervision of a person merely following what he found his forefathers upon before him, while expecting me to renounce all my forefathers taught me?

If I said to the very same person, I have proof one of the other versions of Islam (ie one of the other of the four madhabs) is correct and the version you follow is not, how much resistance do you think I would find if I asked that person to renounce what he found his forefathers upon?

Well I already know, they would completely ignore me, so the way I see it, I have already acted in a more humble way than any of those claiming to exclusively posses the truth, for I have renounced much of what I found my forefathers upon!   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 5:01am

thank you for your advice Angel & supreme

i think its quite obvious why i do not belong here, i only came back because i was sent three emails by 'ICforum'..... i hope they are able to respect my wishes and cease from contacting me in the future. 

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 1:57am

If you are lurking, I have been away since last post, but thanks for you last reply, my response is  

Well, Good luck for the future

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic