IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Arabic Language
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Arabic Language  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arabic Language

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arabic Language
    Posted: 28 September 2006 at 12:18pm

Assalamu laikum/Peace be Upon You

Per request from some members, this topic is dedicated for Q/A regarding arabic language. Members who "master" in arabic can help other members who want to learn arabic.

Thanks,

Admin

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 4:49pm

Edited by Hanan
Fear_Allah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fear_Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 2:05pm

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato,

Bismillah arahman arahim,

As I am  native arabic speaker,I hope I could help.Besides,my sister's fiance did his PHD in Arabic language,I may ask him if there is a hard question....

Hanan,

The Arabic language of the quran is proper Arabic "fusha"not colloquial.Of course you know that the bribe of "qurish" spoke that proper Arabic and they were very fluent in it.And Despite their fluency in Arabic,All of them admitted that the quran is not similar to their sayings.As the quran was challenging them of the best they had(their language).And when"Alwalid ibn al moghira" the enemy of Islam listened to the quran,he said that it's so sweet and nothing can be better than it.

About learning Arabic,I think that it's logical that you have to start with the alphabets as learning any other language (even I think that the arabic language is not like any other language)....

I hope I can help you....

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato..

Edited by Fear_Allah
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 2:40pm

I do think the alphabet is the best way to start.

I was born in an all english speaking house with a few relatives that still spoke a smattering of Ruthenian/Ukrainian/Russian (depending on the person). 

I've learned 3 languages since that time (only one am I any good at)  Russian, Latin and Japanese.

We should start with letters and some very basic grammar rules, like i before e, except after c. 

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 5:12am

im curious as to how will this be done. will it be purley in arabic or will there be transliteration as well. i suggest that we also have transliteration cos sometimes its difficult to pronounce the arabic words properly

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 9:04am

Edited by Hanan
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 9:26am

Edited by Hanan
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

Ummziba, thank you for the alphabet. I've found the following web http://i-cias.com/babel/arabic/002.htm. What do you think?

Assalam alaikum and ramadhan mubarak Sister Hanan,

There are lots and lots of sites on the web for learning Arabic, the one you have posted is useful as it has sounds you can listen to.

For myself, I think that nothing can compare to actually speaking with someone who is an Arabic speaker in order to learn the language properly, but, any additional learning (web, books, tapes, etc.) is all good.

Over all, it is a difficult language to learn and only lots and lots of practice, oral as well as reading and writing are necessary.  The reading and writing part is (in my opinion) much easier than the oral part, there are sounds in Arabic that are very difficult to master for the non-native speaker!

My advice to beginner's, try learning from children's books/tapes/sites, that way you get the very basics needed to advance in the language.  When starting with adult oriented programs it is often far more difficult because they tend to "jump in with both feet" before the basics are taught (for example, learning phrases before you even know about fatha, kasra or dhamma is just confusing!).

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic